What peanut butter is best for low carb

deelam

DIS Veteran
Can anyone recomend a good low carb peanut butter? I know skippy makes a low carb version. But I was wondering if I should try natural peanut butter from a health food store.

Deneen

The natural pb's are probably the best, but I did not like it as much. You need to mix it every time you use it, because the oil always separates. Unfortunately, that's one of the things that makes it better for you.

It takes a bit to get used to, but it is much better for you.

That stuff has almost proved to be my undoing. I have to leave it alone because I find I have almost no control and it seems to affect my ability to lose the way I like. It might have something to do with my not being able to eat just a tablespoon or two. If you have some with an apple, it's almost like a carmel apple. Yummy.

I buy the Smuckers brand all natural peanut butter and it tastes just great to me. I don't mind mixing the oil that separates into one smooth mixture. I have found that I only need to do that the first time I open the jar and after it's mixed in, you are good to go. Enjoy!

Originally posted by deelam
Do you know how many carbs are in the Smuckers natural?
According to the Smuckers web page, here is the nutritional info for the Natural Peanut Butter, creamy:

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 2 Tbsp. (32 g)
Calories 200
Calories from Fat 150

Amount/Serving
Total Fat 16g
Saturated Fat 2g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 120mg
Total Carbohydrate 7g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugars 2g

Protein 7g

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info April. The only difference I see is that my jar says there are 6 total carbs in the peanut butter.

With the natural peanut butter, if you refrigerate it after you thoroughly stir it the first time, it won't seperate. When you get to the end of the jar, it sometimes gets really thick. Just microwave it for a few seconds and it becomes spreadable. If you miss the sweetness of traditional peanut butter, you can sprinkle some Splenda on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter