• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What part of WDW would be the least busy on Thanksgiving day?

Miss Marie

Mouseketeer
Our next trip is planned for Thanksgiving week, and I know that the crowds on and around Thanksgiving day will be insane, so what can we do on Thanksgiving day to avoid the crowds?

Is DtD busy? Because I thought we could hang out there for the day. Is there a certain park that isn't very busy that day?

Or is all of WDW busy?

TIA!

Our next trip is planned for Thanksgiving week, and I know that the crowds on and around Thanksgiving day will be insane, so what can we do on Thanksgiving day to avoid the crowds?

Is DtD busy? Because I thought we could hang out there for the day. Is there a certain park that isn't very busy that day?

Or is all of WDW busy?

TIA!

Looking forward to hearing your responses. Looks like we have the same trip planned! lol :yay:

Easywdw.com recommends AK for Thanksgiving this year, and I don't see why the reasoning would change for next year.

Here is the plan that we have used in the past on Thanksgiving and the plan I am going to use the day before Thanksgiving this year since we leave T morning this year.

-Hit MK at RD and stay till 11:00
-Ride the boat over to O'Hana (we have ADR)
-Go explore a resort we haven't seen in the afternoon (first time was gingerbread house at GF and Contemporary, last year was Epcot resorts and this year AKL- We stay at WL so we have seen it, but it is another option)
-Swim after that at WL
-Evening ADR at a restaurant around MK (this year is 1900 Park Fair at GF, last year was LTT in MK for traditional meal)
-End the day at MK, even with the crowds, and see evening parade and Wishes

This is the only day that I plan 2 TS meals on our dining plan simply to give us something to look forward to without dealing with crowds all day. I can do it for a while, but not all day.

defintely stay away from MK...we went to AK in the morning and Downtown Disney in the afternoon/evening....worked out great for us

We went to Epcot this past Thanksgiving. We got there right when the park opened and stayed until after lunch. It was crowded, but very manageable.

Then we went back to the resort to swim and had a delicious Thanksgiving dinner at Boma.

We've been there the last couple Thanksgivings. We do AK during the day and it really wasn't that crowded. We later went to MK and were pleasantly surprised that we were able to walk on to quite a few things! Epcot on the otherhand was MUCH more crowded...maybe due to all the table service dining available there.

We have been the past few Thanksgiving, and also at New Year's. Thanksgiving is much less crowded than New Year's. My suggestion....get up early to go to the Parks...relax in the afternoon.

We will be there again this year at Thanksgiving and are planning to do Ohana Breakfast and CRT for dinner.

Blizzard Beach

I so agree with CF on this one! We did Blizzard Beach last Thanksgiving and it was awesome we had the park to ourselves and loved very second of it!
Hoping the weather will be just as great this year!!!

One year we left Magic Kingdom, very crowded. My daughter and niece both worked at Disney World that year and had to work Thanksgiving. We had our Thanksgiving on Wednesday with a few other Cast Members.
Stupid me, I figured Magic Kingdom would not be too crowded. Resort Guest would be having a big diner at their resort and locals would be home. July 4th is less crowded.
We went to Animal Kingdom, it was great. Pizza Safari had a Thanksgiving pizza. Turkey and Cranberry, it was awesome.
Wow that was Twelve years ago. My daughter still lives in Orlando and has a three daughters. My and my niece just started working for Disney again in California.
I love the Dis Boards, people ask question and I get to remember great times I've had. Thanks for asking.

Our plan is to hit MK for EMH for a few hours in the morning and then head back to the resort to relax. We have dinner reservations late in the evening at Rose and Crown. We have no expectations to ride anything at Epcot - just dinner and maybe Illuminations.

Avoid DHS. We went last thanksgiving and it was jammed. 2 Fantasmic shows and the light show. TSM at 7p had a 120minute wait

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter