• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What parks are everyone going to next year?

Last year we booked a package with a stay on I drive and decided to do us/IOA
Seaworld,aquatics and Busch gardens. Within 3 month we decided we needed to do Disney and started looking for the best and cheapest way to include it. Ended up staying the last five nights at AKL. Booked for 4 nights at the Hilton near us and 12 nights beach club. Can't wait to go back to Disney. We had dealings with one unpleasant cm but the rest were great. We like us but love Disney.

no idea for us !

a disney onsite stay is looking way out of budget at the moment so i am considering other alternatives

the boys love the look of lego land

WDW (we're on property, so this makes total sense - and I couldn't imagine going to Florida & not doing WDW)...also visiting SeaWorld, Aquatica, Universal, Islands of Adventure and Legoland :)

We are off to Orlando at Easter, we weren't planning to go, but saw flights we could afford, but the tickets are a killer, so the plan is just to go to Universal. I've been to WDW 11 times, on 5 of those trips I've been to Universal but only for 1 day. I am over excited about Harry Potter and am hoping that will be enough for me. I'm getting my disney fix this weekend at DLP (I have lost count how many times I've been to Paris but I think it's heading to 20ish) and we are doing a Med Cruise again this summer, so hopefully I won't miss the mouse too much in April!

Our next trip we will be staying on property as we are DVC but we are seriously considering not doing Disney Parks except the water parks instead doing a couple of days at Universal with express pass. The rest of the time we will sue various pools hire boats do mini golf shop and eat out. We like the Disney parks but need a break from the crowds

As it's our first trip to Orlando with the children, we are obviously doing a lot of WDW - we are staying at OKW for 18 nights :cool1:.

We also plan to do Discovery Cove - dolphin swim, and US - we are staying onsite for 3 or 4 nights (it is booked but we haven't decided on timing yet). I haven't booked the tickets for DC or US yet, need to do that after Christmas but it's soooo expensive to book them all! :sad2: I don't plan on any other parks as although we are there for 3 weeks, we want to fit in some shopping time and relaxing time too - hopefully anyway!!

It's funny, when we booked the holiday Diagon Alley hadn't opened and there was very little info out there about it. So, the holiday was centered mainly around WDW. However, now we've seen and read about DA, the holiday has shifted to a joint stay in my eyes - although we are obviously at WDW for much longer. I think my eldest child (10 when we go) is actually more excited about the WWOHP than WDW if I'm honest ;). But she has experienced DLRP quite a few times now, and while I know you can't really compare the two resorts, in her eyes, she's 'done' Disney before so 'thinks' she knows what to expect (bless her!) whereas we've done nothing like US, more specifically WWOHP before!

We are doing 8 nights at AKL followed by. 3 night Disney cruise. As we are only on land for 8 nights we will only be doing Disney Parks and shopping. DH and DD are space nerds so we will be going to KSC when we disembark from the cruise before we head to MCO for our flight home.

No parks for us next year we are getting our Disney fix by spending a week at Aulani in February

I would love to got to Aulani. I have told my husband that if we haven't been by the time I am 50 then that is where I want to be on my 50th birthday! He says its too far but I said we could combine with California. So he has 5 years to organise it:rotfl2: bearing in mind he has never once booked a holiday then I guess thats wishful thinking.

We're doign 14 nights in may

5 are onsite - so will do 5 days of disney parks
then 9 in a villa - with a one night excursion to Hard Rock Hotel.

So will also do 2/3 days at universal
probably two full days and one extra morning at HP

aquatica / seaworld / wet and wild are all 1/2 days?

so can do mornings in those - before it gets too hot and head to relax / eat early afternoon /evening.

then probably andother 9 days at WDW these will be to goto bits we missed.

I like the look of discovery cove but BOY its expensive over £1000 for one day. Though everyone raves about it.

if I find the driving ok I'd love to go over to Cape Canaveral(Sp?) or some local beeches too.

We are also going in may for DB birthday and his DD7 first ever trip abroad. She does not know she is going and is a proper princess fan.
As we are dvc members we are doing AKLV staying in jambo as normally do kidani, for 5 nights then off to our home of WLV which is my favourite resort. We are just doing disney the waterparks and shopping. Did not want to overload the little one with her first trip. My DD12 10th trip and she is excited about showing her around.
Scooby I was not a cruise fan as found the thought of being stuck on a ship very boring but my god was I surprised. It was amazing and the four nights went so quick. We all loved it. We are not planning another trip till 2016 end when we are getting married. Hope everyone has a great time. Just need to get saving!!!

Next year will be our 15th Florida holiday, though for various reasons we haven't been since 2009. As a substitute we have been going to Disneyland Paris instead.

We have always done a balance of WDW and the Universal Parks, and it wouldn't feel right without a few visits to Magic Kingdom, which is Joshua's favourite park.

Staying at the Grand Floridian Villas for a few nights as it's our 25th wedding anniversary next June - so WDW is firmly part of our plans, like it always has been.

Disney and Universal here, may go to Discovery Cove but I suspect not. We are really in it for Disney as we always stay on site and love the atmosphere/everything Disney. However HP at Universal is always a must, since HP opened we've been every trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter