What park to visit on Christmas day

brookepittman

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what park is best to visit on Christmas day? I didnt know if one of them did something special on that day. I thought about Animal Kingdom that day but being in Magical kingdom seems good also. So help me decide. Thanks! :)

the MK parking lot fills by 10am on christmas day. I would suggest epcot, since the rides are going to be near impossible to get on epcot would be a place to walk around the countries (also they have the santas around the world which is along in the christmas spirit) or go in innoventions, either way any park besides MK would be a good bet.

MK is usually packed on Christmas Day. It is miserable to try and do anything. I would suggest EPCOT since it is the biggest or AK seems to be good since it is not as popular, even though it is a smaller park. We were at MK one year and left after the parade (standing 10 deep to try to see it) and returned to the resort for the afternoon. The last time we were there for Christmas day we didn't even attempt the parks and just enjoyed the resorts.

Have a great trip! WDW is awesome during the holidays!

Not the MK..While it is magical, it often hits a capacity closure early in the am.If thats what you have your heart set on, get to the park about an hour ( more is better) before rope drop.

We often eat Christmas dinner at lunch time at the MK. It has been our experience, that for driving we have been diverted to the Epcot lot. When the MK reaches max capacity, they will close down the Epcot monorail temporarily to the MK. So there may be delay there. When the parks reach capacity, they are very strict on how they allow guests into the parks. Once so many leave the park, then so many are allowed to enter. It was actually pretty well organized and not chaotic, though there were delays, so be prepared for possible delays.

Seriously...any park other than MK would be a good bet unless you want to be wall-to-wall people.

We avoided a park on Christmas day and opted to just enjoy the resort. We had dinner at Chef Mickey's and heard horror stories from other guests we talked to. So glad we avoided the parks that day. Days after, we tried AK and EPCOT with no problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter