What park do you go to 1st and what is the 1st thing you do there?

Like Bill above (hi Bill :wave2: ) I stay in the Epcot Resorts area, the Swan for me. I usually arrive early afternoon at resort. By the time I am checked in and relax a bit there from the travels, I most often head over to Epcot to just soak in in again, often meeting up with folks from the boards here.

Like Bill above (hi Bill :wave2: ) I stay in the Epcot Resorts area, the Swan for me. I usually arrive early afternoon at resort. By the time I am checked in and relax a bit there from the travels, I most often head over to Epcot to just soak in in again, often meeting up with folks from the boards here.

Hey, Dan, looks like you're a Short Timer. Enjoy! We've settled on mid Oct for 'our' time, the 16th to the 25th next year, hope our paths cross at some point.

Bill

For our first FULL day, we usually go to the park with the lowest crowds & non-EMH (we're not morning people on vacation lol), and get FP for a headliner then ride one of our faves: POTC (MK), Spaceship Earth (Epcot), Dinosaur (AK) or Great Movie Ride (DHS).

If we arrive at the resort in the morning or afternoon, we go to whatever park is open the latest, for dinner and just basically for the feeling of "Hey! This morning we were at home and now we're at Disney!!"

EPCOT. With a early AM flight we usually get to the resort around lunch. First thing we do is eat (unless we do it at the resort) if not Soarin'.

Magic Kingdom is always the first park and Space Mountain is always the first ride. There is no debating this.

We usually base it on the crowd calendars and start with an early pre park opening breakfast. We love entering the park early and be able to take our time walking to the restaurant. :)

We drive, and I prefer going to DTD (to eat at EoS) since our arrival is usually later in the day. We like going to MK on our first full day. We don't have a particular ride we head to. It just depends on how we're feeling on that particular day.

When our children were little (now 25 and 23), we would arrive at our resort, check in and enjoy the pools for the afternoon (we fly and wanted the downtime before hitting a park), enjoy dinner at the resort and maybe go to a park. Our first stop the next a.m. would be rope drop at MK and hit up Fantasyland followed by Frontierland and Adventureland.

Over the years and as they grew, we still did rope drop at MK on our first full day, but did visit a park after our arrival for dinner.

Now that they are older--we no longer pay for their vacations--so it is my husband and I with friends or alone. We check-in and hit EPCOT and wander the WS until our room is ready or if the room is ready upon arrival we unpack and lounge by the pool followed by EPCOT in the evening. Flexibility is grand now that we travel without children. :cheer2:

MK 1st Park = BTMRR 1st attraction
Ditto! BTMRR is my choice. We get to MK at Rope Drop and get to Frontierland as fast as possible. Last trip we got there first and our group got "Sheriff" badges and got to ride BTMRR first with only ourselves and some cast members. That was a pretty magical experience!!

Ditto! BTMRR is my choice. We get to MK at Rope Drop and get to Frontierland as fast as possible. Last trip we got there first and our group got "Sheriff" badges and got to ride BTMRR first with only ourselves and some cast members. That was a pretty magical experience!!

We did the same :) RD... BTMRR! Very cool about being the first. We were about 4th family. Love hitting Frontier 1st. The mountain rides are our must do!

family tradition is Magic Kingdom first, POTC.

usually, the day we arrive is not a park day, and we do downtown Disney.

We always go to Epcot on our arrival day and the first thing we do is ride Spaceship Earth. By the time our flight arrives and we check in we probably won't get to the park until about 3pm. At around 7pm or so we head to Garden Grille for dinner.

The next day (our first full day) is always at MK.

Arrival day is either Downtown Disney or a resort day if we have a late flight. First full park day we hit AK and ride the safari.

We are definitely in the minority, we always start with Animal Kingdom and ride
kilimanjaro safari!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Depends on our ADRs. We are almost always at either MK or Epcot. Hitting a FP for soarin is always top of our list. MK would be Tomorrowland, sometimes we ride the people mover to get a game plan (non rope drop). Rope drop is Splash mountain of course!!! :cool1:

Stay at BWV, wander to Epcot for margaritas and nachos and stroll around the World Showcase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter