what others rave about and you just dont get it

For me it was the Dole Whip. I was so excited to try it on my first trip, waited in line for 10 min. to be kind of disappointed. It was not bad, but after all the talk about it I guess I was expecting it to be throwing pixie dust at my face or something :)

pixiedust:

I definitely don't get the fuss over the Dole Whip. It's okay but nothing spectacular IMO.

Also don't get Boulangerie Patisserie - definitely not a top notch patisserie.

Ohana bread pudding - just okay (did LOVE the noodles though).

Coral Reef - seafood was TERRIBLE. (all farm raised - YUCK)

Soarin' - Okay ride but didn't really feel like I was flying (doesn't help when you can see feet above you). Daughter loves it though.

Pirates & Pals Cruise - Again, it was okay, but not spectacular and definitely over-priced.

Kouzzina - Waaaay over-rated and disappointing from Cat Cora.

Fantasmic - Very dark and way too long of a wait for what it was. Likely won't do it again.

My comments about ME were a response to a PP who asked why I didn't like it. And I explained why. You really can't understand why someone wouldn't like it? :confused3. I didn't say it shouldn't exist or people shouldn't use it. I just explained why I don't.

I don't want to have to wait for everyone else, stop at a bunch of other resorts, I like having the ability to go anywhere I want at the drop of a hat, even offsite. All things considered we spend less money by renting a car and having that access to dining alternatives. But we are prone to stay at WDW longer than the average guests and visit around three times a year. So we have our system down pat. ;). Maybe if I was staying only three or four days or going solo I might consider ME. But that is the only way I would.

What you are saying is that ME isn't for you but clearly you aren't the intended audience. It just seems odd to me to dislike something that isn't intended for you. That's like me saying I dislike the baby centres when I don't have a baby or a need to use them. And the thread is called "What others rave about and you just don't get." So I assumed you were saying you didn't "get" or understand the purpose or existence of Magical Express.

Liberty Tree Tavern was HORRIBLE!!!!!!! We had party of 6 and everyone agreed it was the worst meal of our trip. So disappointed.

Husband and I got stomach sick after eating at Liberty Tree Tavern. Never again.

I like pineapple but was underwhelmed by the Dole Whip.

Could definitely take or leave Duffy. Never feel the urge to stand in line to have my kids get pictures taken with him.

Tonga Toast...good but not great IMO.

Oh, and not real excited about AK either (my kids could spend all day at the Dinoland playground though!). Too much like a zoo to me...and we have a nice zoo near home.

Animal Kingdom - after you've been to the Bronx Zoo everything else looks silly.

Husband and I got stomach sick after eating at Liberty Tree Tavern. Never again.

I like pineapple but was underwhelmed by the Dole Whip.

Could definitely take or leave Duffy. Never feel the urge to stand in line to have my kids get pictures taken with him.

Tonga Toast...good but not great IMO.

Oh, and not real excited about AK either (my kids could spend all day at the Dinoland playground though!). Too much like a zoo to me...and we have a nice zoo near home.

We didn't get sick at LTT but all of our food had a chemical taste and we couldn't eat it. After just a few bites, we left.

As far as Dole Whips go I can see why people would be let down. For me though, I don't like anything fruity, especially dessert, other than actual fruit so I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed Dole Whips!

Definitely Soarin. I don't get the fascination at ALL. I also hated Ohana. To be fair, the latter is my fault. If I had done a bit more research and realized everything was going to be sweet, I never would have made an ADR there. (Not a fan of sweet dinner foods.)

Soarin was such a letdown, I could see the feet above us and the edges of the screen, I guess I was on the bottom row? Ruined the effect. Pooh ride is so cute until his psychedelic freak out dream, it's really strange. Dole whips were not good, patisserie was not good at all not even French? I love Paris and was looking fwd to it but I get more authentic pastry in my area.
We all loved ak! And we go the Bronx zoo regularly :) the safari was amazing, the theming was so good....if you take the time to read posters etc. loved everything though I missed Ee. The enclosures were so fun, the tigers in the running in India were so beautiful, entire park felt like an escape. We do love animals, though...dd said its her fav park, she is 5 I was surprised it wasn't mk!

I guess generally I am not into hs, although we loved tsm and star tours! The beauty and the beast show was awful.....muppet movie was great though!

JKSWonder said:
Animal Kingdom - after you've been to the Bronx Zoo everything else looks silly.

:) :). See, it's the opposite for me...after Disney, aquariums and zoos just don't live up to what Disney offers.

Soarin was such a letdown, I could see the feet above us and the edges of the screen, I guess I was on the bottom row? Ruined the effect. Pooh ride is so cute until his psychedelic freak out dream, it's really strange. Dole whips were not good, patisserie was not good at all not even French? I love Paris and was looking fwd to it but I get more authentic pastry in my area.
We all loved ak! And we go the Bronx zoo regularly :) the safari was amazing, the theming was so good....if you take the time to read posters etc. loved everything though I missed Ee. The enclosures were so fun, the tigers in the running in India were so beautiful, entire park felt like an escape. We do love animals, though...dd said its her fav park, she is 5 I was surprised it wasn't mk!

I guess generally I am not into hs, although we loved tsm and star tours! The beauty and the beast show was awful.....muppet movie was great though!

Heres the thing about Soarin, have you ridden it in the front row? It really is a MUCH better ride in the front. If you are sent to the 2nd or thrid rows just ask if you can be in front and unless it is unbeliveably busy they will let you be in front. I understand how someone might not think soarin is worth it if they weren't in front.

There were a few that posted as I am about to, but I really don't look to the negative, or feel that I have to love what anyone else does ... I like what I like, because I like it ... for whatever reasons. I love Soarin' because it's my dad's favorite, I love the music, and I see a future for it moving on to other "Soarin' over ?". Dole Whips are good, but I prefer the chocolate covered Mickey ice cream. Disney is magic to me, and I choose to bask in that magic, rather than complain. I just love being there and being a kid!

Animal Kingdom. It's just a really just a zoo with a few rides and an incredibly tacky dinosaur area. We'd skip it but it has the best show at Disney. :confused3

Jungle cruise, people mover, zebra domes, Dumbo, Pop century..I find Illuminations meh but can understand its appeal, same with MSEP. Wilderness lodge especially Villas @ Christmas. I much prefer the Boardwalk and GF for Christmas decor. Duffy!!!:mad:

Forgot about vinylmation. Hideous money drain.

Sophia the 1st. Hmmm how can we create a princess on the cheap, easily market her to her demographic, and profit like mad. She is a fast-food princess imhop.:p

mamaprincess said:
Jungle cruise, people mover, zebra domes, Dumbo, Pop century..I find Illuminations men but can understand its appeal, same with MSEP. Wilderness lodge especially Villas @ Christmas. I much prefer the Boardwalk and GF for Christmas decor. Duffy!!!:mad:

Don't like Zebra domes gasp. Maybe I don't get out much lol. Come to think of it .....:-) chocolate gives me headaches and migraines but I suffered one for those lol.

Animal Kingdom. It's just a really just a zoo with a few rides and an incredibly tacky dinosaur area. We'd skip it but it has the best show at Disney. :confused3

I feel this way too because we love FOTLK and I'd even skip every trip or 2 but my daughter has to get her EE fix.

Jungle cruise, people mover, zebra domes, Dumbo, Pop century..I find Illuminations men but can understand its appeal, same with MSEP.

I'm good with most of these but zebra domes- blech. My friend and her son came with me to WDW. we were staying at the AKL. I had bragged to her about the zebra domes. We each bit into one, looked at each other, and threw them in the garbage.

Easily the Turkey Legs and any Parade.... I have been to WDW 10 times and have never sat down and watched a parade. I always to busy taking advantage of the lack of lines for the best rides...

Other than the cuteness appeal, I don't get the Mickey-head ice creams *ducks* I just don't like the taste of the ice cream inside at all. I had one in my lifetime, so I could get my picture taken eating it, but I think out of all the things on the ice cream cart menu, that'd be the last thing I'd pick.

I don't get Duffy either. And if I went to Fantasmic I'd probably use the time to sneak in a nap rather than watch the show

Oh my, there's SO much more to AK that you're missing apparently...and do you know the point of the "incredibly tacky dinosaur area"? It has a story the same as everything else at WDW. If you're interested, check it out here: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2009/08/chester_and_hesters_dinorama.html

Oh my, there's SO much more to AK that you're missing apparently...and do you know the point of the "incredibly tacky dinosaur area"? It has a story the same as everything else at WDW. If you're interested, check it out here: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2009/08/chester_and_hesters_dinorama.html

I totally agree. Even if you don't go near the animals, you can just barely fit everything in in a day. I think a lot of people skip shows like Flights of Wonder or live entertainment and really miss out on what the park has to offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter