What other fun ideas for autographs other than books to sign?

cant say enough about the hats. My daughter has three hats now that she has hung up in her room, and all her friends love them. She wears them to school on hat day, etc

we are going back in 4 weeks and although she is now 12, she already has her hat!!!

I want to try going to the Animation Academy and then having whichever character I end up drawing autograph my picture. Thought that would be kind of neat.

We just spent three days doing AK, Mk, and and Epcot. Leave tomorrow to head home:( oh also did MNSSHP. I have done hats before but this time I did cheap backpacks and a sharpie. We had great success and I will hang them on their walls unless they'd like to use them sometime. They could use the packs to carry stuff but they kept them empty. Characters had no problem signing them.

I used 4x6 picture paper- sharpies still work fine and then I took a dollar store disney picture albulm and put autograph on one side and the picture of my kids with the character. For less then 15 bucks all 3 kids got a very personal autograph picture book.

My favorite was the autograph book I made on Shutterfly. I uploaded all of my previous pictures we took at WDW and DL and grouped the pics so some of my pics of DD and characters had their own page and some up to 3 per page. Since I had, say, 3 pics of DD with Cinderella, I made that its own page and Pooh, Tigger and Piglet shared a page. I used a black background and took a silver Sharpie with me. The characters all loved it, commented on it, looked through it and talked to my DD about the "last" time they saw her. Minnie even took the time to draw a pic of herself on her page.

What I love is that it is not only a character autograph book, but it offers an opening for conversation between DD and the characters AND it is a great photobook of our Disney pics that we will keep forever. There aren't many things that you get signed that you really want to keep forever!

A couple of tips: Order when Shutterfly offers 50% off photobooks. I got the 8X8 book since it fit in my little backpack. Also, I take pics of DD while she and the character are interacting and they turn out much better than posed pics. This also saves a little time so people don't get irritated behind us for taking too long since we don't then have to do posed pics.

I've heard about doing T-shirts or pillowcases, but I can't figure out how this works, practically. Writing on fabric can be a pain, and hauling an embroidery hoop around doesn't seem reasonable. I'd love to hear about how this can work, though, because it would be really cute for the kids. :)

I did a pillowcase with my DS on one trip. We had the embroidery hoop which wasn't too bad to carry around but when you see more than 1 character at a time it is hard to move around when you feel rushed. Then we saw Mary Poppins and she told us not to use the hoop and showed us how to just pull it tight by holding onto either side of where we wanted the character to sign. This worked out great. The next year we tried a T-shirt using this method and that work out great too. I used a rigger T and think it came out great. I did use Fabric Markers not sharpies.

Is there anything they won't sign? I know they won't sign clothing if someone is wearing it...just wondering. I was thinking of buying a Mickey coffee mug and having Mickey sign it for me:blush:.. for a little Disney Magic every morning...;)

Get hats from the disney store and various colored sharpies. You can get the minnie sharpies from AC Moore or a craft store and they have snap on tops that go on a key ring. The key ring can go on your backpack so you don't need to dig through a bag. Characters can use different colors based on the character color.

Kids wear the hats, so it's easier - nothing to carry around.

You'll get lots of compliments from CM and other guests toward the end of your trip when the hats are covered

2nd this - we have done it twice and the kids actually wore the hats at WDW and still do vs the book that collects dust :)

My favorite was the autograph book I made on Shutterfly. I uploaded all of my previous pictures we took at WDW and DL and grouped the pics so some of my pics of DD and characters had their own page and some up to 3 per page. Since I had, say, 3 pics of DD with Cinderella, I made that its own page and Pooh, Tigger and Piglet shared a page. I used a black background and took a silver Sharpie with me. The characters all loved it, commented on it, looked through it and talked to my DD about the "last" time they saw her. Minnie even took the time to draw a pic of herself on her page.

What I love is that it is not only a character autograph book, but it offers an opening for conversation between DD and the characters AND it is a great photobook of our Disney pics that we will keep forever. There aren't many things that you get signed that you really want to keep forever!

A couple of tips: Order when Shutterfly offers 50% off photobooks. I got the 8X8 book since it fit in my little backpack. Also, I take pics of DD while she and the character are interacting and they turn out much better than posed pics. This also saves a little time so people don't get irritated behind us for taking too long since we don't then have to do posed pics.
\

I LOVE this idea and want to do this when we go next time (this is our first family trip)... we're hoping to go again in 2 years when my twins turn 5 (since we'll be there for DS1's 5th bday).... what a fun way to celebrate with the old photos!

I quoted this because I think its such a great idea - I have done it with a couple pictures but never thought to make a book!

side story : -
My dd's love Miyuki (sp) the candy maker in Japan so we took a picture of her with my dd's and a candy she made for them. Next trip we brought it back - one for her and one my dd's asked her to sign. She was so sweet and aslo wanted them to sign her picture :) The following year the picture was clipped up on her kiosk, my kids were so thrilled to see that.

I saw a beautifully done quilt here. So we decided to do the same. I brought pre-cut squares. I used binder clips to hook them over my itinerary cards that I carried. This kept them stretched.

My mom took what we got and made the quilt. I only wish you could see the detail she put into it. The regular squares each have a quilted Mickey head. For the character signatures, she did a quilted outline of the characters.

Here is the picture she took when she finished it.
quilt.jpg

When me and my sister (then 22) went with our parents last year we were both well past the age of autograph type books. But we still really enjoy everything Disney and wanted to do something involving autographs.

So we went to Walmart and just bought plain canvas tote bags. Our older brother being an artist volunteered to draw a Mickey head on one and a Minnie head on one. Then we just had the characters sign on the tote bag around the picture. We had enough signatures to fill the front and the back. We just used various color sharpies for the autographs. No hoop or anything was required we just held both sides of the tote bag really tight while the character signed it. It was one of the cheapest souvenirs from a Disney trip and it still gets used quite a bit. If anyone wants to see a picture I can post one.

I have done the pillowcases on the past two trips. But to make it nicer looking, I copied and pasted clipart of each character that I knew we would be meeting (aka the ones we were dining with). I bought those iron-on transfer sheets and you can put through your printer and ironed on a picture of each character to each pillowcases. We brought along fabric markers. No hoop, like a pp said, you just need one person each side of the fabric pulling it really tight. They have turned out really well and the kids love sleeping with them.

I love the canvas tote bag ideas ... maybe I will order one with a zip-top from L.L. Bean to take for our next trip. Now to decide on the color ... :confused3

I know this doesn't help anyone -- but on one of our trips 5+ years ago, they used to sell a Pluto "autograph hound" - Pluto had a leash to carry him by and then characters would sign his body. My son still :love: it (he's a Pluto fiend) and has it proudly displayed in his room. His brother has tried every-which-way-to-Sunday to finagle it out of him ... I wish they'd sell them again. It sure would make my life a lot easier. :lmao:

Jumping in with some details about the quilt we did a number of years ago - copying what I wrote from a previous thread:

We did the quilt thing one year when my brother and I were kids, and the characters responded REALLY well to that, many of them went a little more elaborate/creative with their signatures, and the quilt came out great. Highly recommend this if you have someone who can quilt!

Here are the details...
We cut roughly 6.5 inch squares of white fabric, and brought a clipboard, clipping them one by one onto the clipboard for the characters to sign. We also brought with us a specific fabric marker.

...and here are the pictures!

wdwquilt1.jpg

wdwquilt4.jpg

wdwquilt3.jpg

I've heard about doing T-shirts or pillowcases, but I can't figure out how this works, practically. Writing on fabric can be a pain, and hauling an embroidery hoop around doesn't seem reasonable. I'd love to hear about how this can work, though, because it would be really cute for the kids. :)

We did the pillow case on a cruise - that was great. But, it was given to a CM the first day and we received back the last night.

I saw a beautifully done quilt here. So we decided to do the same. I brought pre-cut squares. I used binder clips to hook them over my itinerary cards that I carried. This kept them stretched.

My mom took what we got and made the quilt. I only wish you could see the detail she put into it. The regular squares each have a quilted Mickey head. For the character signatures, she did a quilted outline of the characters.

Here is the picture she took when she finished it.
quilt.jpg

Oooh...If I could only sew a button.....maybe I could graduate to something like this!

On two different occasions, I had bought posters and had the different characters sign by their picture. The first, was Disney villians(actually I dropped this one off at Guest services at, then, MGM for the day and they got the signatures) and the other was of all the main characters(it was an anniversary year poster). I carried them in a cardboard mailing tube. I had them both professionally framed and are still hanging.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter