What one song defines your senior year of H.S.?

Satellite High Class of '76 - "Yesterday Once More" by the Carpenters was our class song.

But anything by KC & The Sunshine Band was cool, "The Hustle" was another biggie.

Class of 1992 and I would have to say the one defining song was "Losing My Religion by R.E.M",

there were some others that will also stand out to me:
- To Be With You by Mr Big
- I'm too Sexy by Right Said Fred
- OPP by Naughty by Nature (that was a big pep rally song of all things)
- Unbelievable by EMF
- Wicked Game by Chris Isaack

Class of '95'

I listened to rock/alternative, so I am not exactly the spokeperson for the most popular songs that year, but here are a few:

"No Rain" by Blind Melon
"Tomorrow" by Silverchair
Anything off of the Nirvana Unplugged CD
"Can't Find a Better Man" Pearl Jam

"School's Out" Alice Cooper...popular already, but even more popular because Dazed and Confuzed came out a year earlier and all of my buddies loved it.

Another Class of 78'er here! What stands out the most in my mind is that every dance concluded with Stairway To Heaven. Which is without a doubt the most awkward song in history to dance to -- you've got slow, then you've got slow-fast, then comes the fast, and last but not least, the final slow which gives one more opportunity for a little grinding before the chaperones pulled everyone apart. Now the ones that truly enjoyed this song were the lifers (the couple going steady since freshmen year) that felt confident enough in their relationship to slow dance together throughout the entire 800 kazillion minutes (or however long) the song lasted. :teeth:

Also Class of "87, Also Bon Jovi, But - Never Say Goodbye

Me too.

Remember days of skipping school, racing cars and being cool
with a 6-pack and the radio we didn't need to place to go
Remember at the prom that night, you and me, we had a fight
but the band they played our favorite song and
held you in my arms so strong
We danced so close we danced so slow and I swore
I'd never let you go
Together, forever
Never say goodbye
You and me and my old friends, hoping it would never end..........

Class of '87....still loving Bon Jovi

Class of '91
Anything by Gun's n Roses takes me right back to high school, and our class song is "Never Say Goodbye" by Bon Jovi.

CLASS OF 78 - and i liked the one about get me the heck out of here too!! but on another note my dd who graduated CLASS OF 2001 chose FREEBIRD! that just cracks me up...

Another Class of 78'er here! What stands out the most in my mind is that every dance concluded with Stairway To Heaven.

OMG!!! Same here, I lived in Ct. That's also the first song all the "cool" (cough, choke) boys learned on their guitars. Our prom song was "Come Sail Away" by Styxx. "Dust in the Wind" got voted off.

The original "Walk This Way" by Aerosmith. 1977

Actually, I was going to say anything from Aerosmith's Toys in the Attic LP. Of course, Led Zep and Fleetwood Mac were hangin' in there for me as well and Bob Dylan's Blood on the Tracks, . . .all still good and still favorites. :thumbsup2

Also, anything Disco. . .and there was some mighty fine Disco music created in that year--1976-1977.

Class of '92, and I remember them playing "Right Here, Right Now" by Jesus Jones for almost every senior function.

Our official class of 2000 song was "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake, though I will always, always associate Billy Joel with high school. My group of friends always had his music going at parties and such. I just dug out my Billy Joel CDs the other day and all of a sudden it was 7 years ago! :)

Actually, I was going to say anything from Aerosmith's Toys in the Attic LP. Of course, Led Zep and Fleetwood Mac were hangin' in there for me as well and Bob Dylan's Blood on the Tracks, . . .all still good and still favorites. :thumbsup2

Also, anything Disco. . .and there was some mighty fine Disco music created in that year--1976-1977.

I had Toys In The Attic on 8-track! I finally bought it on CD a few years ago, it's still one of my favorites by Aerosmith.

As far as disco went, Saturday Night Fever brought disco into everyone's homes (whether they liked it or not) and continued well into the early 80's.

8th grade 1986 our class song was "That's what friends are for"

1990 Senior Prom-"Why can't this night go on forever" by Journey

Artists I remember from H.S include

Bon Jovi
GNR
Phil Collins
Paula Abdul
Whitney Houston
NKOTB

Then there were "those songs"

Walk the Dinosaur
Wild Wild West

Jim Croce's Time in a Bottle...1974!

Another '74 here, but I was always a Rocker :smokin: so I gotta go with "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd with honorable mentions to "Killer Queen" by Queen and "Rebel, Rebel" by David Bowie.

Dirty Water by the Standells. Graduated from a high school just south of Boston in 1966.

Dirty Water is now the Red Sox theme song. :teeth:

Originally Posted by DisneyAddict_M
Is there a song called, "I hate this place and can't wait to get out of here?"

That would have been my song too.;)

There's one that's close. Another favorite of the mid 60's.

We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place
by the Animals

In this dirty old part of the city where the sun refuse to shine
People tell me there ain't no use in trying
Now, my girl, you're so young and pretty
And one thing I know is true,
You'll be dead before your time is due, (I know)

Watch my daddy in bed and dying
Watch his hair been turning grey
He's been working and slaving his life away, (Oh yes I know)

He's been working so hard
I've been working too baby, (every night and day)

(Chorus)
We've gotta get out of this place
if it's the last thing we ever do
We've gotta get out of this place
Girl there's a better life for me and you.

Now my girl you're so young and pretty
And one thing I know is true
You'll be dead before your time is due, (I know it)

Watch my daddy in bed and dying
Watch his hair been turning grey
He's been working and slaving his life away (I know)

He's been working so hard
I've been working too baby,

(Chorus)

Somewhere baby
Somehow I know it baby

(Chorus)

Believe me baby
I know it baby
You know it too

Class of 1975 checking in...

I'll pick one album: Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. Almost every song brings back memories of senior year, especially Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting, Harmony, Benny and the Jets and the title track.

Pretty much, it didn't matter what kind of music you were into, everyone loved that album.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter