What Olympic events are you all looking forward to?

roomthreeseventeen

Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher
For me, it's the women's marathon and all the mid-distance events, 5000, 10000, etc.

And of course, women's gymnastics.

Gymnastics

Track and field events ( all of them!)

Swimming and diving events

Basketball

Volleyball (indoor, not beach)

Tennis

(I love the summer Olympics)

I think I'll pay a little more attention to the running this year, but I always look forward to all the swimming and diving events as well as the gymnastic events.

The closing ceremony because I have tickets for it!!

Also diving, swimming and any track and field events.

Gymnastics
Swimming
Diving
Beach Volleyball

Plus the opening and closing

I love watching almost anything during the summer olympics. It kind of holds a soft spot in my heart because in 1996 I got to work the Olympics as a Security Guard. Now, I call it the best and worst experience of my life!!! Best because we were immersed in the excitement, and worst because the company I worked for failed on some promises to the group I was with.

I guess the favorite event I watch is indoor volleyball. That was one of the event I got to watch as a spectator. The other events I like to watch are the Opening and Closing Ceremonies.

All of them!! I'm obsessed! Plus, I'm excited that there will probably be lots of features about London. Opening ceremonies party tomorrow!!

Laurie

All of them!! I'm obsessed! Plus, I'm excited that there will probably be lots of features about London. Opening ceremonies party tomorrow!!

Laurie

I am right there with you, Laurie! :thumbsup2

294764_1961583755401_4770705_n.jpg

mens and ladies gymnastics

swimming

diving

beach volleyball

and the biggie:
WOMENS SOCCER!!! USA! USA! USA!!

Can you tell I am a soccer mom?? :lmao:

Gymnastics for sure!! I have loved it for as long as I can remember!

I love them all, but gymnastics, swimming, diving and track & field events are my favorites.

Opening and closing, basketball and the men's 100 meter sprint!

Soccer!!! Who watched the USWNT play France yesterday?! Great game!!

I am also excited for the gymnastics and swimming events :)

Soccer!!! Who watched the USWNT play France yesterday?! Great game!!

I also am exited for the gymnastics and swimming events :)

We were watching and yelling at the TV. The cats thought we were crazy people. Great game!!! Now the women can cruise through the rest of group play on their way to the medal round. :thumbsup2

I plan on watching just to see London since I get to visit in a few months. :)

Personally I always love watching the Equestrians, especially Show Jumping. I still remember watching them since I was a little girl always look forward to it!

Swimming is exciting but not a fan of the diving. Gymnastics always amazes me. Rowing/crew and track are fun to watch as well.

I'm the contrarian! I won't plan to watch any of it.

I've dubbed the Olympics as sports for women. So little of the broadcasts are about the sport itself and they are about sports we don't care about 3 out of every 4 years!

Call me the curmudgeon, but there are some good pennant races (including my hometown team) heating up in baseball that hold far more interest.

I'm the contrarian! I won't plan to watch any of it.

I've dubbed the Olympics as sports for women. So little of the broadcasts are about the sport itself and they are about sports we don't care about 3 out of every 4 years!

Call me the curmudgeon, but there are some good pennant races (including my hometown team) heating up in baseball that hold far more interest.

I think you're just watching NBC. Try one of the NBC affiliates or the BBC. That's just sports without the background soap operas.

I'm excited that the Olympics is being held in one of my favorite cities, London, this year. I haven't been there since the late 90s so seeing some of the area during the coverage will be fun. :)

So excited for the Olympics to start! I'm living in London, and am volunteering in the Olympic Park as well as seeing a few events. I'm looking forward to following the Athletics. I was lucky enough to attend the dress rehearsal of the Opening Ceremony a couple of days ago, and so am very excited to see tonight! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter