What not to bring to the GF

Merandab4

DIS Veteran
I usually try to pack light (emphasis on try) by eliminating packing things that will already be at the resort.
What types of things will already be in a standard room at the GF.
I stayed there for a night last year, but can't recall all these items.

Hair dryer
Iron- I think they may have had one
Soap
lotion
shampoo - I think they may have had shampoo, but not conditioner.

what else do not have to bring because it will already be provided?

*Just a side note for fun* Last year my mother made reservations for the girls and I to spend the night before my wedding at the GF. The next day she was responible for packing my things that I have left behind in that room. Well, when I got home I asked her where my slippers were and she said that they were left at the GF because she thought they went with the room since they matched the bath robes to perfectly! They were fluffy white slipper. Okay, I thought that was a funny story!

ALl of what you listed they provide, and they also provide towel replacement with the turndown service and towels at the pool. At the GF you also get swabs and puffs( Q tips and cotton balls). Can't remember anything else off hand.

I always pack my own blowdryer because the one in the GF is not as powerful. Mine is 1875 watts and I thing the one in the hotel is 1200...it makes a big difference if you style your hair. Also the shampoo and conditioner provided will strip your hair. I pack my own shampoo and conditioner. I also bring my own soaps for face and body.

There are irons and ironing boards in the rooms.

If I remember correctly there are swabs and puffs, shampoo and conditioner, shower cap, body lotion. I remember a few years back there were also slippers along with the robes...now there are just robes. At turndown there are alwys chocolates and a note about the next days weather on the pillow.

Can't wait...leaving soon 9/18!

I know what you mean about the shampoo and conditioner. . . Ughhhh! Also, if I remember correctly . . . . the iron is inferior for pressing my expensive imported silk shirts and the ironing board just doesn't have enough padding.
I always send out my garments for drycleaning. :cool1:
I bring my own expensive swabs which have extra cotton and the shower cap just isn't of good enough quality for me. I think I'm allergic to that cheap chocolate as well!
My blow dryer is 2000 watts, which is far superior to their 1200 watt one.
I think I'll stay at the Pop! :rotfl2:

Merandab4 said:
What exactly is turn down service and does it cost extra?

Turn down service is free.

Mousekeeping leaves chocolate and a card on your bed. The card has some kind of saying on it.

Turndown service is standard at the GF. After dinner, usually from 7PM on, they go from room to room and turn back the covers on the beds, put chocolate on the pillow, swap out any wet/used towels and turn the TV to the Disney story time channel in case there are little ones in your party. I believe that you can request it for free at the other deluxes as well. It's really nice that they swap out the towels, especially if you have girls that shower two and three times a day :rolleyes:

owtrbnks said:
I know what you mean about the shampoo and conditioner. . . Ughhhh! Also, if I remember correctly . . . . the iron is inferior for pressing my expensive imported silk shirts and the ironing board just doesn't have enough padding.
I always send out my garments for drycleaning. :cool1:
I bring my own expensive swabs which have extra cotton and the shower cap just isn't of good enough quality for me. I think I'm allergic to that cheap chocolate as well!
My blow dryer is 2000 watts, which is far superior to their 1200 watt one.
I think I'll stay at the Pop! :rotfl2:

Now you sound like me :rotfl:

I bring everything too (even shower cap)...I don't like the other stuff. My husband says it's like traveling with Diana Ross.

I don't iron anything either...I send out too. In a pinch if it's something really quick like a wrinkle or two, I'll iron on the bed with a towel.

On the days I can't deal with my hair I get a blowout at Ivy Trellis :love:

Was there about 2 weeks ago, and brought home ALL the toiletries. (Could care less about Mickey soaps - but these were too good to pass up!)

Here's what is there:

Shampoo
Conditioner
Hand & Body Lotion (but kind of soupy!)
Swabs & Puffs
Bath Soap
Facial Soap
Shower Bonnet

And yes, they do have an iron & ironing board, plus the usual hairdryer mounted to the wall.

They have almost everything....

HOWEVER, my DW, DD18, DD17, have to bring their own EVERYTHING! Different brands, types, styles, blowers, pluckers, make up, lotions, etc...etc....etc... :rolleyes:

:worship: Bell Services :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter