What non-buffet restaurants would you recommend for kids?

brooke.jax.gia

Earning My Ears
We are going in November, DD will be 2 and DS will be 6. We would like to try to stay away from buffets, however we will be going to Biergarten. What other non-buffet restaurants would you recommend? I don't want to bring them into stuffy, non-kid friendly restaurants on accident. ;)

I have DS 6 and DD4 and have been going to Disney since they were babies. Here is a list of the spots we enjoy:
*Ohana - Delicious. PLus they have activities for the kids like limbo, pineapple races, and dancing
*Garden Grill - character meal served family-style. Good food and if your kids like the characters then this is one of the few that is not a buffet.
*Whispering Canyon Cafe- Fun, loud environment. Ask for ketchup. ;)
*50's Prime Time Cafe - Servers are "family". You may get scolded by your "Aunt" fro putting your elbows on the table or not eating your veggies but it's all in fun.
*Coral Reef - Alot more quiet then the others but the kids can watch all of the fish in the giant aquarium while eating

There aren't really any non-kid friendly restaurants in Disney except Victoria & Alberts and maybe some of the signature restaurants.

Aside from V&A's I don't find any restaurant in Disney un-childfriendly. We even took ours to Jiko last time (though our children are over 6).

When they were smaller, they really enjoyed SciFi, Biergarten and San Angel Inn.

Kona Cafe
Whispering Canyon
50's Prime Time Diner
The Plaza
Liberty Tree Tavern (love lunch, dinner just okay)

But really - you can take them anyplace except V&A. If you are worried it might be a bit more formal or long for them - try going earlier in the evening when a place will have more families. Couples looking for a quiet romantic meal tend to go later in the evening - and even then - they still realize they are at Disney World and there may be kids around!

I have DS 6 and DD4 and have been going to Disney since they were babies. Here is a list of the spots we enjoy:
*Ohana - Delicious. PLus they have activities for the kids like limbo, pineapple races, and dancing
*Garden Grill - character meal served family-style. Good food and if your kids like the characters then this is one of the few that is not a buffet.
*Whispering Canyon Cafe- Fun, loud environment. Ask for ketchup. ;)
*50's Prime Time Cafe - Servers are "family". You may get scolded by your "Aunt" fro putting your elbows on the table or not eating your veggies but it's all in fun.
*Coral Reef - Alot more quiet then the others but the kids can watch all of the fish in the giant aquarium while eating

There aren't really any non-kid friendly restaurants in Disney except Victoria & Alberts and maybe some of the signature restaurants.

I just added Ohana to my list! :thumbsup2 Hadn't really thought of that one before because I had read some bad stuff about it. But, after looking at the menu I can't wait to try it. Thanks!

Kona Cafe
Whispering Canyon
50's Prime Time Diner
The Plaza
Liberty Tree Tavern (love lunch, dinner just okay)

But really - you can take them anyplace except V&A. If you are worried it might be a bit more formal or long for them - try going earlier in the evening when a place will have more families. Couples looking for a quiet romantic meal tend to go later in the evening - and even then - they still realize they are at Disney World and there may be kids around!

Yep, we plan on going early. We eat dinner usually around 5:30 at home, so I'd like to try and keep them on a somewhat normal routine. :lmao:

Yours is the 2nd rec. for Whispering Canyon, going to have to check out their menu. Thanks!

Yep, we plan on going early. We eat dinner usually around 5:30 at home, so I'd like to try and keep them on a somewhat normal routine. :lmao:

Yours is the 2nd rec. for Whispering Canyon, going to have to check out their menu. Thanks!

I vote for WCC also. Can't remember what else was on the kids menu but here is a pic of the kid's skillet. Came with choice of chicken or ribs. This is the chicken one.
DisneySept10146.jpg

Oh, & the S'mores cheesecake was sooooo good:
DisneySept10153.jpg

Ohana for sure! It is my kids favorite, even more than the character meals! The kids love the activities, and it gives the grown ups more time to eat. The best part is, we ALL love the food, even my very picky father-in-law. Yummy! I am craving it just thinking about it!

We are going in November, DD will be 2 and DS will be 6. We would like to try to stay away from buffets, however we will be going to Biergarten. What other non-buffet restaurants would you recommend? I don't want to bring them into stuffy, non-kid friendly restaurants on accident. ;)

Resorts:
Ohana!!! (at the Polynesian)

Epcot:
Biergarten is great! :thumbsup2

Akershush (in Norway, really good food although it doesnt seem like it cause the menu is in a different language :rotfl: just read the description and you'll see it's all totally normal. They also have the princesses my DN who id also 2 LOVED it there!)

(Magic Kigndom)
Tony's Town Square

other than that magic kingdom is mostly counter services. Cinderella's restaurant in the castle is kind of a rip off :/ I wouldnt go there. Really expensive for mediocre food.

Hollywood Studios:
Sci-Fi cafe

Mama Melrose's

Animal Kingdom:
Honestly I've only ever eaten at buffet's in animal kingdom! :rolleyes1
I dont know of sit down restaurants there sorry I cant help here! :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter