What -No fish?! No Mickey Mouse? What kind of Magical Vacation is this?! March 2010

Gotta sub to this one! I am a crazed Twilight fan, also (as you can see by my avatar, lol). LOVE the t-shirt!!

:yay: Another Twilight fan!! Welcome!! Yes I find myself saying to myself "forget princess - I want a vampire with a shiny Volvo!! he-he:lmao:

I'm here to hear all about this trip! Can't wait to hear how the magical express luggage tag problem is solved!

:welcome: Michelle you found me. I'm so glad you're here!

hey I'm joining in! gotta love TWILIGHT! I'm loving that shirt you made! LOL! Can't wait for more!

:welcome: Welcome - glad you found me. We Twi/DIS fans need to start a coven, you know. I am subscribed to a thread DIS Twigirls & Twiguys Coven Podcruise Meet 2.0 but I wonder if there is an actual group or something on the boards? :scratchin

Okay well 3:30 a.m. came quickly. Everyone woke up, took showers and got dressed. Then the Arrington’s came by to pick us up and we all headed to the airport. :car:

Stacey, Ash & Emma waiting on the boys to unload our luggage at Birmingham International.

100_2530_copy.jpg

We were flying Southwest and this was Stacey & Ashley’s first time to fly. They both did great! The flight crew was quite entertaining. Actually they were out right hysterical. During the review of safety procedures the attendant said now “In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, masks will descend from the ceiling. Stop screaming, grab the mask, & pull it over your face. If you have a small child travelling with you, secure your mask before assisting with theirs. If you are travelling with more than one small child, pick your favorite.” :lmao:

Emma & Ashley on the plane.
100_2533.JPG

Check out our shadow.:cool2:
100_2535.JPG

We arrived at MCO on time at 9:50 a.m. and quickly made a b-line to the Disney’s Welcome Center. I explained to one of the CM’s the dilemma with our luggage tags. They laughed and said there was no need to worry it happens all the time (whew!) - everything would be fine. :cool1: So we hopped in line to take the ME to ASMo.

The girls cruisin' on the ME.
100_2542.JPG

Coming next arrival at ASMo and our rooms!!!:banana:

So cool it was their first time flying! glad the lugguage tag problem turned out to not be a problem at all! :banana: Can't wait for the next update!

What a cool picture of the plane's shadow! Kinda freaky, but that's just because I'm scared of flying. :rotfl: I'm so glad that the flight went well and that everything was okay with your luggage!! I also love the picture of the girls in the plane holding their Mickeys. They look so excited!! :goodvibes

Isn't it great to have fun airline crew on your flight to Disney?!! That was too funny about the masks & fav children :lmao: The girls look so adorable on the plane - all ready with their fav plush toys too! And that shadow of the plane pic - what a great shot!

We fly Southwest, also, and I have to agree about the flight attendants. Each time we have flown, they have been very entertaining and seemed to enjoy joking with the passengers. The flight seems to go faster too, because everyone is laughing and having a good time.

:welcome: Hey Becky! I'm so happy you're here!

:wave2: Wow another Alabamian! How exciting!! Welcome. Oh I see you're a scrapbooker too. Do you do the traditional or digital?

I only do traditional, the old fashioned way, I also make most of my embelishments, and love it.

Okay well 3:30 a.m. came quickly. Everyone woke up, took showers and got dressed. Then the Arrington’s came by to pick us up and we all headed to the airport. :car:

Stacey, Ash & Emma waiting on the boys to unload our luggage at Birmingham International.

100_2530_copy.jpg

We were flying Southwest and this was Stacey & Ashley’s first time to fly. They both did great! The flight crew was quite entertaining. Actually they were out right hysterical. During the review of safety procedures the attendant said now “In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, masks will descend from the ceiling. Stop screaming, grab the mask, & pull it over your face. If you have a small child travelling with you, secure your mask before assisting with theirs. If you are travelling with more than one small child, pick your favorite.” :lmao:

Emma & Ashley on the plane.
100_2533.JPG

Check out our shadow.:cool2:
100_2535.JPG

We arrived at MCO on time at 9:50 a.m. and quickly made a b-line to the Disney’s Welcome Center. I explained to one of the CM’s the dilemma with our luggage tags. They laughed and said there was no need to worry it happens all the time (whew!) - everything would be fine. :cool1: So we hopped in line to take the ME to ASMo.

The girls cruisin' on the ME.
100_2542.JPG

Coming next arrival at ASMo and our rooms!!!:banana:

I wish we could get a last minute deal on flights and not have to drive it, but I have been trying since January with no luck, and traveling with 4 kids, ages 13-21, I guess we will be driving. :mad:

YAY for a fun flight and that there wasn't a problem with the ME tags! :goodvibes Can't wait to hear more!

YAY for a fun flight, with no problems. We've had a flight attendent like that on a SW flight before---really funny. :)

So cool it was their first time flying! glad the lugguage tag problem turned out to not be a problem at all! :banana: Can't wait for the next update!

Thanks - it was pretty cool! I'm hoping to get the 2nd portion of our 1st day wrapped up this afternoon. :goodvibes

Great trip so far!

:thanks:

What a cool picture of the plane's shadow! Kinda freaky, but that's just because I'm scared of flying. :rotfl: I'm so glad that the flight went well and that everything was okay with your luggage!! I also love the picture of the girls in the plane holding their Mickeys. They look so excited!! :goodvibes

Afraid of flying??? I don't believe it. You were so brave to get on that itty-bitty plane. That's a big no-no for me.

Afraid of flying??? I don't believe it. You were so brave to get on that itty-bitty plane. That's a big no-no for me. [/QUOTE]

You'd be surprised what you'd do if you were stranded on an island and it was the only way off! :rotfl: Plus crazy things had happened and we couldn't get 3 seats on the bigger plane and I was NOT going to miss even one day with my dad!! :goodvibes But yeah... that plane was incredibly scary. I was only able to keep it together for the sake of Ashlyn! I didn't want her to be scared. I think Aaron's arm still hurts from me gripping it the whole flight. :lmao:

I only do traditional, the old fashioned way, I also make most of my embelishments, and love it.

I'm in the process of converting or at least getting my feet wet with the digital side. I still haven't completed my scrapbook from our Nov 2007 Disney trip. I said it was going to be the last one I would do traditionally b/c I simply do have a place in my house to do it or store everything. I am not the creative at all and it takes me forever to decide on the layout of a page - ugh. Overall though I think I actually would prefer more of a hybrid style. I prefer the 3 dimensional look.

In order for me to continue in digital I will definately have to look at upgrading my computer. I use Photoshop CS3 and the files are so big it really bogs down my computer. I bought a 1 terrabyte external hard drive to start saving them on but my processor is still not liking it. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter