What? No Aladdin during my trip?

eargal

Mouseketeer
So I just checked the schedule of events from last year for the approximate dates we're going this year. We are going Oct 2, 3 and 4th (tues-thurs). I had planned this so that we would not hit weekend crowds with the full understanding that we would miss fireworks and fantasmic.

I was suprised though that last year Aladdin was not offered the first T-Th in October either! :eek: I figured they would at least show it one of the days we will be there. We have never seen it and it is on the "must-do" list.:headache:

URGH.

Do you think it is likely to happen again? I could rearrange our entire vacation to hit Disney on Friday but I hate to do it just for one show. :confused:

Then you would get 3 shows, not one! How bad were the crowds for that weekend last year? Look at the "Picture of the Day" post, I have posted some pics from Aladdin.

Jackpirate:

Thanks Jack. I follow that picture of the day post rather compulsively.:blush: I love all the wonderful pictures and yours are some of the best!:thumbsup2

I realize it would be three shows but it would be a major headache to switch plans. Maybe you or another diser could help me rearrange?

Here's the info.

Travelers:
Me-themepark freak, esp. Disney parks:banana:
DH-likes to travel, complains about not seeing enough outside of Disney:confused3
DS6-ride enthusiast:goofy:
DD3.5-princess, ok with most ridesprincess:
Best Friend-happy with anything as long as she's not at work
DMother-62, tired of Disney but likes to travel with us.
DFather-62, agreed to come along because he wants to stay at the Grand Californian

Arrive Friday PM, Pick up rental cars and drive to hotel in La Jolla.
Sat.-Me, best friend and kids to Legoland while DMom, DDad and Dh hang out
Sun-Everyone to Seaworld
Monday-Head to the Grand Californian, check in hit the pool, enjoy downtown disney etc.
T-Th-Disney parks
Friday-leave early to drive to Hollywood. Check in at Magic Castle hotel and see the sights
Sat-Universal Hollywood
Sunday-fly back to Seattle

Allright, have at it.

I am the first to admit, I am not the planner in the family or at work. I go with the flow. I can see what the pain can be in switching your plans around. For right now I think I would give Disney a call and ask about the Aladdin schedule before you do anything. Knee jerking to the possible situation is probably not the best idea. As you know, one of the hazzards with off season is not having everything up and going. Wish I could help more. I will follow your post and good luck.

Jack

I'll postpone the "knee-jerking" for the time being. I hope this does not end up being a problem at all.

Also, what part of the desert are you from? My sister moved to the amazing Metropolis of Omak recently. I can't say I envy her!

Up until last year, I worked all over the world 9 months out of the year.(Last 3 plus years it has been Iraq.) I live in Richland and now work 9 months of the year here and take a LOA to work out of the country(its a money thing). Getting older changes one's focus.
Looks like you may be in Everett??

Jack

Aladdin was down for recasting last year. I don't think they're planning to do that this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter