What new things are you trying this year?

I'm embarrassed to admit that we've never done some of these things on our previous 4 trips. But we come for 7 days and only 5 are spent in parks. We have a hotel pool day and a shopping day with DD at night. We typically do 1 day at AK, DHS, Epcot and then 2 days at MK. In 2012, we skipped Epcot and did Sea World. This trip, which is end of July/ start of august, we are doing lots of firsts, and doing things way different because of the heat.

1)FP+ and magic bands

2)rope drop, then leaving for afternoon to relax, swim etc, then returning to the parks at night. We've never left a park to relax, thanks to FP+, we've booked our FP at night where applicable, and will ride stand by at rope drop when crowds are lower

3) staying in MK AFTER wishes, one night it's open til 2am. Can't wait to be a part of the late night crew.

4)Hollywood&Vine, Be Our Guest, T-Rex

5)First rides and attractions....Legends of Jack Sparrow, Flights Of Wonder, Spaceship Earth, Captain EO, Liberty Square Riverboat, Hall of Presidents, SDMT, PeterPan, Astro Orbiter

That's the list so far.

We have so many firsts this trip:

*Going in the fall rather than the summer, I am so excited about cooler weather. We are going the last week of October.

*SDMT

*California Grill, Splitsville for Dinner, BOG for lunch. We always try new restaurants and return to old favorites.

*World Showcase- we love Epcot but never have explored this section properly.

*DTD day- we usually only go for a few hours the first night we arrive. But, we are doing- Disney Quest and some new QS restaurants. My votes are for Earl of Sandwich, Wolf Gang Puck Express, or Cookes of Dublin. Any other suggestions or votes between these three?

*DH has never seen Illuminations so we have to see that too.

*Free Dining!!

New for us:

Villains unleashed
Her royal highness package
Pirates and pals voyagepirate:
CSR
Dining in Italy
BOG. We hopepixiedust:
Riding ME
Traveling with my MIL....:rolleyes1
Magic bands
A&E
7DMT
MDE

My midget is big enough to ride all but 3 rides!!!:cheer2:

Our new things for this trip:

1) FP+ and magic bands
2) 7DMT/ A&E
3) Tusker House Breakfast before park opening
4) Harambe Nights
5) Blizzard Beach
6) Staying longer than 7 days (10 day trip this year!
7) Dinner at The Plaza

We are trying both MNSSHP and F&W fest as well as universal;) Yds and I will try Expedition Everest for first time and both kids space mnt (please let it not break down every time we approach it like last time.) Ods is also doing RnR

For dining, we are trying cape May breakfast mainly because we couldn't get into CP and wanted character meal.
Oh and we are trying the long miserable drive from NJ, so that's something!

This trip will a lot of firsts for us.
1. MNSSHP
2. Disney Dining-We have never eaten at any of the TS places so we are doing BOG, Crystal Palace, Sci-Fi, Yak&Yeti, Chef Mickey's, Whispering Canyon & Coral Reef.
3. We are staying at POP Century for the first time.
4. We are planning to do at least one rope drop.
5. We are also planning to visit other resorts.
6. 7DMT

Before our vacation starts:

We are spending the night at the Hyatt at MCO the night before we check in. That way we can just get up in the morning and board the Magical Express :)

For the Trip:

We are eating at a few restaurants that we haven't tried yet.
Boma
Coral Reef
50's Prime time

Also we plan on playing a round of mini golf at Winter Summerland. We haven't done that yet either.

We enjoyed both Coral Reef, and 50's Prime time. Coral Reef, we've done every year. 50's prime time we did twice I think, after four years of doing Sci-Fi Dine-In. This year, we're trying Mama Melrose' out.

I'm embarrassed to admit that we've never done some of these things on our previous 4 trips. But we come for 7 days and only 5 are spent in parks. We have a hotel pool day and a shopping day with DD at night. We typically do 1 day at AK, DHS, Epcot and then 2 days at MK. In 2012, we skipped Epcot and did Sea World. This trip, which is end of July/ start of august, we are doing lots of firsts, and doing things way different because of the heat.

1)FP+ and magic bands

2)rope drop, then leaving for afternoon to relax, swim etc, then returning to the parks at night. We've never left a park to relax, thanks to FP+, we've booked our FP at night where applicable, and will ride stand by at rope drop when crowds are lower

3) staying in MK AFTER wishes, one night it's open til 2am. Can't wait to be a part of the late night crew.

4)Hollywood&Vine, Be Our Guest, T-Rex

5)First rides and attractions....Legends of Jack Sparrow, Flights Of Wonder, Spaceship Earth, Captain EO, Liberty Square Riverboat, Hall of Presidents, SDMT, PeterPan, Astro Orbiter

That's the list so far.

Sounds like lots of fun firsts are in store for you! MK late night is just a special thing to do. The park feels so much different after dark! T-Rex, awesome atmosphere, food is pretty good too.

Flights of wonder absolutely amazed me! Spaceship Earth, one of my favorite attractions. EO . . . I have a soft spot for, guess because I saw it on my high school senior class trip. Liberty Square Riverboat, classic Walt Disney. I will gladly admit to LOVING the Hall of Presidents . .. I think that makes me some kind of special Disney Geek :rotfl2: Certainly, DD19 and DS10 are NOT fans of the Hall Of Presidents.

We have so many firsts this trip:

*Going in the fall rather than the summer, I am so excited about cooler weather. We are going the last week of October.

*SDMT

*California Grill, Splitsville for Dinner, BOG for lunch. We always try new restaurants and return to old favorites.

*World Showcase- we love Epcot but never have explored this section properly.

*DTD day- we usually only go for a few hours the first night we arrive. But, we are doing- Disney Quest and some new QS restaurants. My votes are for Earl of Sandwich, Wolf Gang Puck Express, or Cookes of Dublin. Any other suggestions or votes between these three?

*DH has never seen Illuminations so we have to see that too.

*Free Dining!!

Fall weather, I am now envious . . . we travel in the middle of August :furious: (I know, that is supposed to be mad, but that is what it feels like in August).

World Showcase, I can waste DAYS just taking in the scenery, having a cold drink (not even alcoholic) and watching the people go by.

We usually spend a couple of partial days at DTD. I've not tried Wolfgang Puck Express, or Cookes of Dublin, but we did do Earl of Sandwich last year. DS went NUTS for the holiday sandwich with the turkey, gravy, and cranberry sauce. I had a Hawaiian BBQ sandwich which was also quite tasty.

We are trying both MNSSHP and F&W fest as well as universal;) Yds and I will try Expedition Everest for first time and both kids space mnt (please let it not break down every time we approach it like last time.) Ods is also doing RnR

For dining, we are trying cape May breakfast mainly because we couldn't get into CP and wanted character meal.
Oh and we are trying the long miserable drive from NJ, so that's something!

Chef Mickey is always an option if you can't get CP. It isn't that far, you can hop the monorail over, or just walk. We had breakfast there before park opening last year. We drove to the Contemporary, Valet Parked for like $15, had breakfast, then took the monorail over to the park. At the end of the night, we walked back to the Contemporary, and picked up the car for the drive back to POR.

Ah, the drive from Jersey. We drive down from NY every summer. Last year, we left here at 3:00 am, and hit a royal mess in Jersey where three lanes of traffic were merged into one for night construction. Sun wasn't even up yet, it was pouring out, and we were at a stand still. I looked at the wife and said something like this doesn't bode well. I was right. Took us 19 hours to get from Mid Hudson Valley of NY to Kingsland Georgia. We expected to be there no later than 6 at the worst, was nearly 9 when we finally got there. Absolutely, the worst drive I've ever had going to Disney. Traffic everywhere, road construction everywhere, accidents everywhere, rain the whole way.

Hope your drive goes MUCH smoother than ours did last year! When you hit Virginia, get into the HOV lanes as soon as possible. When you see the first sign for the end of the HOV lane, get out at the very next exit, and get all the way to the right side of the main lanes of traffic. Where the HOV lanes merge back into the main lanes, the right lane is the fastest one through that area. Once you clear that area, USUALLY the traffic starts to ease up, and you get back up to speed.

This is a great topic! :) I love reading everyone's replies.

Firsts for our coming November trip:

- Staying at Pop Century.
- 50's Prime Time.
- Having breakfast in MK before park open (Crystal Palace).
- Campfire with Chip and Dale.
- MVMCP.
- Pirates leauge.
- Chef Mickey's.
- First trip to Disney with my best friend.
- Very first trip for DS (1).

I'm sure there are more I haven't thought of.

This is our third trip in 15 months and we are trying some new things, too!

Restaurants: Chef Mickey's, Ohana for anniversary dinner (have only done breakfast), Via Napoli, Prime Time Cafe

Rides: 7 Dwarfs Mine Train...met Anna and Elsa in Epcot last time, Magic Kingdom this time!

Special events: Pirates and Pals cruise, Pirates League, Sparkling Dessert Party, Characterpalooza, new MK parade

Souvenirs: silhouettes of the kids, Topsy Turvy Frozen doll

Also, we are going to Downtown Disney for the first time! May try Splitsville or Characters in Flight! So excited!

My plan for new things this year:
1) Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular (especially since it's rumored to be closing!)
2) Jiko (Filet on Mac and Cheese looks delish)
3) The Gray Stuff
4) DAWS
5) Holiday Resort Tour
6) MK's "Goodnight Kiss" (park should be open until 3am on my last night)
7) I usually avoid them, but I think I'm going to introduce my SO to Stitch's Great Escape and Universe of Energy (so his "new")
8) Candlelight Processional
9) Kimonos
10) Dole Whip (w/rum at AK ;))

New for us this year:

-Dining at CRT (have a 3 year old girl who now loves Cinderella)
-Pirate's League (3 year old girl does not actually want to dress as Cinderella, she wants to be a pirate)
-H&V Character breakfast

Maybe new for us if the stars align:
-changing our travel dates to make the Villains Unleashed party (we were set to arrive on 8/24, but might shift a day)
-staying at YC for one night

1-split stay (BWV/VWL/AKV-Jambo)
2-renting points
3-mini golf
4-boardwalk entertainment
5-visit FW
6-EWP from the beach
7-via napoli
8-boma
9-bog
10-new fantasyland
11-mission space
12-capt jack sparrow (HS)
13-new theatre for FOTLK
14-magic bands and FP+
15-tickets from UT
16-first summer trip (august)
17-RFID mugs

Lots of new things for us!

BOG lunch
Cape May Clam Bake
Ohana
Trails End
Tusker House

AK explorer badges
Dinosaur
Primeval Whirl
Wagon Ride at Wilderness Campground
Sing along with Chip N Dale
Jedi Academy
Star Tours
7 Dwarves Mine
Pirate Adventure in MK
Pirate Cruise from Yacht Club
Agent P in Epcot
Little Mermaid Ride

Such a fun thread!

Since we go quite often I try for a couple new things each trip, to keep the boys excited. New for us this past February:

First Feb. trip

Pirates League
First stay at AOA
watching Wishes from Poly beach
HBD & Sanaa (LOVED THEM!!)
Yak & Yeti TS
BOG lunch
Magic Bands and FP+
DisneyQuest

New for our Aug. trip

First time going during summer (except for me)
Kennedy Space Center
NBA City at Universal Citywalk (have two HUGE bball fans!)
First stay at CSR
Trail's End
Beaches and Cream, FINALLY :banana::banana:

I want to try the silouetts (sp) of the kids. I just watched in on the Disney Father's day add. I have never seen anyone making them. It looks like the make them on Main st. Anyone know where and the cost?

Hopefully 7DMT and A&E FPs
Staying at POP
Festival of Fantasy parade
Crystal Palace lunch
F&W
And I am finally gonna meet Peter Pan this time!

Lots of firsts for me this year:

1. First time staying on site (POFQ)
2. MagicBands/FP+
3. First time on DDP
4. Lots of restaurant firsts: Be Our Guest (lunch), Chefs de France, Citricos
5. Wishes Dessert Party
6. SDMT
7. Soarin' (I somehow missed it on my last trip :confused3)
8. First time having a Dole Whip with rum :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter