What new restaurants are you trying?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I was wondering what new restaurants you're trying because of the free dining plan? Maybe you've been reluctant to try it because you didn't want to spend the money and then not like it? For example, I'm trying both California Grill and Spoodles next month, both restaurants I've wanted to try, and now with the free dining (actually I'm paying, but it's still pretty inexpensive), I feel comfortable trying them. Anyone else trying someplace new?

All of these are new to us; we'll be there in Sept;
Crystal palace
Ohana
Akershus
WCC
HDDR
Le Chef de France

We will be there in two weeks. Each trip we try a couple of new ones. We are trying Boma, Coral Reef and Prime Time we are returning to Ohana and Le Cellier..
New counters will be Sunsine Seasons and Tusker House returning to Pecos Bills and Pizza Planet and possibly Cosmic Rays or CHH

The only one we are returning to is O'Hana. The following are new to us: Concourse Steakhouse, Boma, Akershus, Maya Grill, Coral Reef, and Chef Mickey.

I am also hoping to sneak into the Kona Cafe for a meal.

For us Artists Point and Citricos. I read varying reviews of Citricos and feel its a bit of a risk - but happy to try it with the free dining!

I wont be on the free dinning because I am going in May of 2007 but I do plan on trying some new places to eat and thought I would share. :banana: :cheer2: pixiedust:

New TS:

Cape May Cafe character breakfast
Kona - dinner
GF Cafe - dinner
WCC - dinner
Sci Fi - lunch (we heard lunch is better than dinner)

Sort of new TS: We have been to these places before but not for these meals

1900 PF - dinner (we did try breakfast back in 2004)
CM - Dinner (we always go to CM breakfast)
CP - early Breakfast before MK opens - (we did have lunch here in 2004 and dinner here in 2005)

Returning favorites:

Le Cellier - dinner
CM - Breakfast

Cant wait for May 2007,

Loralie

Boardwalk Bakery
Columbia Harbour House
Fountainview Cafe
Cape May Cafe Buffet
Crystal Palace for Breakfast (have had lunch & dinner there, but never breakfast)

New for us will be:

Boma (B)
Kona Cafe (D)
Garden Grill (D)
Marrakesh (L)
Sci-Fi (D)
Le Cellier (D)
Spoodles (D)

Returning to O'Hana (D) and Crystal Palace (B)

I'm getting hungry just thinking about all these places!!! :teeth:

New for us will be

Kona Cafe for dinner
California Grill for Dinner
Crystal Palace for Lunch
1900 Park Fare for Breakfast (ate there 12 years ago)
Boma for breakfast (have done dinner a few times)
Sci Fi for Dinner

Repeats for this trip:
Spoodles
Boma for dinner
Coral Reef for dinner

We also have an ADR for Flying Fish (repeat) but I think I am going to cancel it since I do not want to go OOP for any TS meals this trip. It is already too much food as it is :)

Also I really hope they do the trade in offer that Touringplans.com reported, because odds are someone will not feel like eating at some point and I would HATE to leave a TS credit unused.

45 days... :Pinkbounc

New:
Chefs
Coral Reef
CG
1900 PF (D)
Jo Jo/Little Einstein (B)
most CS since we don't usually eat it

REturning:
CM
Ohana
Kona
CP
WCC

May trip (5 nights - first trip on DDP)

First time:
Columbia Harbour House (L) :)
Cosmic Ray's (L) :teeth:
Good's to Go (L) :sad2:
Fish & Chips place at UK :sad2:
Earl of Sandwich - twice (L both times) :thumbsup2
LTT character Dinner :thumbsup2
1900 Park Fare Dinner :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
Teppenyaki Dinner :thumbsup2
Coral Reef Dinner :thumbsup2

Old standards -
Le Cellier dinner :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Upcoming November Trip (4 nights on DDP)

First time:
Crystal Palace dinner (been there for breakfast OOP)
Norway Princess Dinner (done the breakfast OOP)
Captain Jack's dinner (been there for lunch OOP)
Haven't planned any CSs, but will try some of the suggestions found here

Old Standards
Le Cellier dinner :cool1:

We are going Labor Day weekend....

New for us will be
Kona Cafe
Concource SteakHouse
and LeCellier for Dinner ( I have had lunch there, but new for DH)

We are also going to try some new CS - around world showcase.
Catrin

For our Sept. trip we are trying:
Yachtsman Steakhouse (D)
Cape May Cafe (Character Breakfast)
Crystal Palace (Character Lunch)
We are returning to:
Boma (D)
Narcoosse's (D)
Le Cellier (D)

For our Dec. Trip we are trying:
CRT (L)
San Angel Inn (D)
Hollywood and Vine (Character Lunch)
O'Hana (Character Breakfast)
and retuning to................ BOMA's again (of course)

Simba's Mom said:
I was wondering what new restaurants you're trying because of the free dining plan? Maybe you've been reluctant to try it because you didn't want to spend the money and then not like it? For example, I'm trying both California Grill and Spoodles next month, both restaurants I've wanted to try, and now with the free dining (actually I'm paying, but it's still pretty inexpensive), I feel comfortable trying them. Anyone else trying someplace new?

We will not be on the "free" plan but will be on the DP. I'm trying these for the first time.

Chef Mickey's
Tony's Town Square
Rose & Crown
Breakfast @ Ohana's (eaten the dinner before)
Le Cellier

Almost all my TS meals. The CS is about the same everywhere but we do like trying out new TS and very excited to try them all. :banana:

We are on the DP in he beginning of the trip and then OOP for the last four days, and all are for dinner pretty much...new we are trying:

Yachtsmen Steakhouse
California Grill
Kona Cafe
Boma
Chef's De France (lunch OOP)
O'Hana's (OOP)
Narcoosee's (OOP)

Ty

Simba's Mom said:
I was wondering what new restaurants you're trying because of the free dining plan? ... Anyone else trying someplace new?

We don't have the free dining next week as it's through DVC, but we'll be trying for the first time:

Whispering Canyon Cafe (lunch)
Hoop De Doo Review (might cancel)
Sci-Fi (lunch)
Tony's Town Square (lunch) (might cancel)
Crystal Palace (breakfast)

And an old favorite: Chef Mickey's (breakfast)

This resturant :cool1: is awesome. My husband did the dining plan as well to be able to eat there. Tip...make reservations at 8:30 an ask for a window seat and you have the best view in the house for the fireworks over MK. :cheer2:

We're going back to LeCellular and Ohana, the new TS we are trying are Alfredos, HDDR, Boma, WCC & 50s PT. Last year we tried LTT, CP & Sci-Fi, none of which we felt were worth returning to. (nothing wrong with them, just that once seemed like enough) Hopefully we'll add some more to our favorite 'must do' list, which LeCellular and Ohana absolutley are!

The only new place we're trying is Maya Grill.

Gong back to the Plaza, LeCellier, Concourse SH, Kona Cafe and assort CS places.

OK all of our ADRs are new for us. Chef Mickey's, 'Ohana, Sci-Fi, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Le Cellier, and Boma.

I have only had to TS my whole life, Hoop Dee Doo and Hollywood & Vine.

As for CS: Pecos Bill, Seasons (since it's changed), Pizza Planet, Flame Tree BBQ, and that's all I know for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter