• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Needs Updated @ WDW

KingofSwing3000

Mouseketeer
Convert each 3D film (and Soarin') to HD like Universal's done with Spider-Man and Transformers. Plus, new 3D glasses. The less "ghosting" the better.

Agreed re HD. Also free parking in parks.

There is free parking, for WDW resort guests. I believe it should stay this way, because it's an incentive for people to stay on property (along with WDW buses, monorail, and boats). They could however make more options for larger families (more suites, or larger rooms, etc) which might cut out the gripe for the pay for parking vs staying on site.

I think Disney should implement more adult options for rides. Hopefully this will come with the Avatarland they're planning after the FantasyLand Expansion.

Convert each 3D film (and Soarin') to HD like Universal's done with Spider-Man and Transformers. Plus, new 3D glasses. The less "ghosting" the better.

Converting soaring to HD comes up a lot and unless the tech has gotten better, HD is lower resolution Than what they use now. Of course a lot of people report that the film and screen are in poor shape but that's another issue.

They may be waiting for the tech to catch up before they replace it.

Captain Eo. Please oh please use this space for something relevant.

I LOVE Philharmagic, but it might be neat to see the same concept (Donald bouncing through movie scenes), but with some new films, though it's hard to top Be Our Guest, Whole New World and To Be King. But I think you could incorporate Brave, Tarzan and Hercules in there.

And what about repurposing the Country Bear Jambori to fit with the musical style from Princess and the Frog?

There is free parking, for WDW resort guests. I believe it should stay this way, because it's an incentive for people to stay on property (along with WDW buses, monorail, and boats). They could however make more options for larger families (more suites, or larger rooms, etc) which might cut out the gripe for the pay for parking vs staying on site.

I think Disney should implement more adult options for rides. Hopefully this will come with the Avatarland they're planning after the FantasyLand Expansion.

They just built Art of Animation where most of the rooms are suites, thereby not giving a couple of adults that much choice. I think Disney is already giving larger families lots more choices. For just two adults, we aren't getting very many new options.

Return Figment to his former glory. The current ride is just a great way to get off of your feet and into the air conditioning for a while, and that is all.

A few Queues needed updated preshows:

DINOSAUR comes to mind immediately.
TEST TRACK When you're in the small room, did they update that?

Captain EO be gone already!!!!
Sounds Dangerous be gone already!!!

the Norway pavillion desperately needs a new everything in the movie area!

A few Queues needed updated preshows:

DINOSAUR comes to mind immediately.
TEST TRACK When you're in the small room, did they update that?

Captain EO be gone already!!!!
Sounds Dangerous be gone already!!!

the Norway pavillion desperately needs a new everything in the movie area!

pretty sure they officially killed it at least a year ago.

Does anyone know when is the last time the Great Movie Ride had any type of update? Although it's a great concept and an enjoyable ride, there are so many recent movies that would translate well in that wasted space and make it more relevant.

1. Great Movie Ride: love the ride but needs to become more current.
2. Captain EO: drop it, should not have ever been brought back.
3. Stitch: useless from day 1
4. Backlot Tour w Catastrophe Canyon: since no TV or film production happens any more, update or replace with a Cars Land !!
5. More interactive que lines
6. More rides and attractions in Animal Kingdom

Disney keeps building more and more resorts bringing more and more guests to the property. The parks need to keep expanding to accommodate the increasing number of guests. Love the new Fantasyland and the plans for Downtown Disney >> Disney Springs.

I'd like to see the animation building updated/rebuilt to be similar to the one in DCA, to me, that one completely blows the one in DHS out of the water.

The 'future' scene in COP is pretty out dated too and could do with an update

1. Great Movie Ride: love the ride but needs to become more current.
2. Captain EO: drop it, should not have ever been brought back.
3. Stitch: useless from day 1
4. Backlot Tour w Catastrophe Canyon: since no TV or film production happens any more, update or replace with a Cars Land !!
5. More interactive que lines
6. More rides and attractions in Animal Kingdom

Disney keeps building more and more resorts bringing more and more guests to the property. The parks need to keep expanding to accommodate the increasing number of guests. Love the new Fantasyland and the plans for Downtown Disney >> Disney Springs.

I agree with all of this but I would argue for a Star Wars Land before Cars Land, and add that they also need a new opening for Dinosaur.

I also have a pet peeve about rides that have elements that DON'T work (Yeti, etc.). Just keeping the existing rides in top working order should be a no brainer.

:goodvibes

Lilo and stitch, but magic kingdom is not even the problem. IMO, animal kingdom needs a complete revamping. Primeval whirl looks like a cheesy carnival ride and does not even seem like something disney would create. Why whould anyone pay $90 for a park that can be done in half a day, sometimes less? I understand the issue with expansion because of the animals, but they need to add 3/4 good rides there at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter