What neat&creative things to do with photos/autographs

jnjusoioa

I fell in love with DLR, whats not to love. Fantas
Just curious as what neat and creative ideas you all do with your character photos and autographs. Do you use both of them together or do you just do something with your photos, just curious? Share your ideas please, I was just going to put our photos in a collage type frame but have done that before so just curious as to what your ideas are. Thank you so much. :)

Hey jnj!! :wave2:

Well, I guess it's pretty obvious what I do with mine!! :teeth: Doesn't everyone make a 150+ page website dedicated to their characters and autographs?? That's what everyone should do! :) :)

HugsForEeyore said:
Hey jnj!! :wave2:

Well, I guess it's pretty obvious what I do with mine!! :teeth: Doesn't everyone make a 150+ page website dedicated to their characters and autographs?? That's what everyone should do! :) :)

Hey Sue, :wave:
And your website rocks too!!! :cheer2: It is the best!! :teeth:

Actually when my family was there last month we bought some autograph books/photo albums in the parks. The characters could sign one side of the page and you could put the photograph in the plastic sleeve on the opposite side of the page. The albums held maybe 15-20 photos/autographs each (we bought four albums - two for each of my kids). When we came home, my husband printed up the pictures right away, I put the albums together, and my son took it to school for an awesome show-and-tell!!! Now I just store them with my regular photo albums. I plan on doing this again next time we go down, so that I can have a running memory of my kids as they get older!! :thumbsup2

When we go again I am going to get the characters to sign a photo mat and or an 8x10 maybe two. Then we will take our favourite or two favourite pics and blow them up and frame it with the mat with autographs.
This last time we did autograph books . I would like a way to display them and think I read this idea on the board I didnt come up with it on my own.
Diane

I use 4x6 index cards and print clipart all of the characters we could possibly meet on their individual cards. The more common characters, I usually make extras and group cards so if we find them more than once, we've got "their" card to sign.

I use a 4x6 3 ring mini album with Mickey on the cover that I picked up at Walmart and place the cards in the protective sleeves. You can pack about 200 cards into one. It's fun flipping through our book seeing who we "got" and who we're still after.

I put these into our scrapbook with the photos later, although you could just slide the photo in the sleeve next to each autographed picture and keep it in the little album, too.

Since we go at Christmas, it's fun to find holday themed clip art with some of the more well known characters, too.

Oh, for more fun, get one of those pens that has 10 different colors of ink to choose from. Most of the characters make a big deal out of seeing "their" picture as well as playing with "their" colors to sign it.

These are all great ideas, thank you so much for sharing, anyone else. :)

We took along a white t-shirt and colored Sharpies for a child in our party to get autographs on. After the trip we made the photos of her with the characters into iron-on transfers and added them to the autographs. It turned out really cute for her.

I am a scrapper. I think they are so cute in the scrapbook where you have a photo of the moment next to the autograph. It is so cute how kids like to collect the autographs, so capturing that moment is precious.

Of course it'll take some time before I am able to take the autograph book away to incorporate into the scrapbook. I'll probably take a photo of the complete book and then tear it apart for the scrapbook! :cool1:

I'm also a scrapper and I'm currently doing an 8x8 album just of character photos from my April/May trip - if I have the photo on my Photopass CD with autograph added then I use this one, although I am leaving my actual autograph book in tact :)

We purchased 2 sketch books (1 for DD11 as a keepsake & 1 for me to use in scrapbooking) We had characters sign on the right hand side of the books. DD then went back & added her pictures on the left hand side. I cut out the signatures & used on scrapbook pages. A few pictures I printed as 8 x 10s & had a mat cut with a cut out for the picture & a cutout for the autograph. I put these in our hall.

I also found a great use for our squished pennies. I shadow box framed & double matted 11x13 pictures of the castle, spaceship earth,& the BigHat (we skipped AK this trip). I took the squished pennies (shined & coated in clear acrylic) from each park & attached them to the mat with glue dots. They turned out great!

I am planning 3 different things to do with our 300+ photos from our June 06 trip. I bought the 50 years celebration multi picture frame and plan on putting some of the special pictures in that. I also plan on scrapping a whole book of Disney 2006. The left over photos will be placed in an album I bought in Disney.

Castle_Coin_Pic_resized.jpg

Here is a picture of how I used the squished pennies.

I bought the photo album that holds 2 pics per page. My kids used books of spiral-bound note cards (recipe cards) for autographs then when we got the photos printed we put the photo in the top slot and the autograph in the bottom slot. My kids (ages 5 & 3) love looking at the albums.

pugcrazy said:
Castle_Coin_Pic_resized.jpg

Here is a picture of how I used the squished pennies.

Thank you so much, this is such a very cool idea. Very very cool. Thank you for sharing. :)

For the autographs I photocopied them on acid free paper and then put them in my scrapbook with the matching pictures. By photocpying them I did not have to dismantle the autograph book.

Very cool photomat!!!! Thanks!

I was thinking about this same question.. this is our third yr going, and I don't know that i really need a big book full of autographs again! I am still working on scrapping last yr's!! I had bought really nice CM 7x7 books for the last 2 yrs, and they are on display in my scraproom, i guess i am lucky cuz dd(5) doesn't ask to "keep" them, she knows they are there, and can look at them anytime.. But, this yr, i am letting her get any book she wants, and she can do her own scrapbook..
But, i was also thinking of getting a mat or something but hate the thought of carrying around a mat to the parks!
I had seen in the DCL book, a pluto stuffed animal that you can write on, and i thought that was cool... does anyone know if they sell those anywhere??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter