What nationwide hotel chains offer suites?

Claire&TheBoys

The Queen of the Castle!
My husband is on TDY in Georgia and I'm planning to take our kids to see him during Spring Break, then we'll go to Atlanta for a couple of days of fun. I'd like to find a hotel that will have a separate bedroom for my husband and me, and other sleeping space for our two sons. Ideally, they'd have separate beds, but I know that's a long shot or very expensive.

What hotel chains offer suites that have a door separating the sleeping spaces? Not just a large room with a half-wall in between.

Bonus points if someone can give a personal recommendation for a particular one in Atlanta!

Thanks! :goodvibes

Residence Inn and Homewood Suites both offer separate bedrooms. Atlanta is a HUGE city. You need to narrow the area that you want to visit.

We stayed at a Hampton Inn and Suites in downtown Atlanta the last time we went to a Braves game. It had a bedroom with two beds (queens or doubles) and a door and a living room that had a sofa bed. Not a perfect situaton for you, but you do get that door for privacy and there was a second TV in the living room area for the kids.

Thanks. We are very familiar with Atlanta. We plan to do some stuff downtown like the Aquarium and maybe World of Coke, but not sure I want to stay there. Before kids, we used to stay up in the Perimeter area and take MARTA to Braves games, but not sure we want to do that either. Definitely don't want to be way out in Norcross or Marietta or in the airport/College Park area. Just looking for a family-friendly hotel in a central location.

Townplace Suites
Embassy Suites
Residence Inn
Springhill Suites
Homewood Suites

I can think of those quickly. All of them have one and two bedroom suites. Normally when you enter you are in the kitchen/dining/living area, then a bathroom to the side, a door and the bedroom. There is a sofa in the living room area that will open to a queen bed. And there is a TV in both the bedroom and the living room.

In all of these the bedroom is definitely closed off with a door.

Country Inn & Suites also has suites.

Sometimes we find it cheaper to get two connecting rooms at a "non-suite" hotel.

There's a Hampton Inn & Suites that's downtown within walking distance of World of Coke and the Aquarium. Also close to MARTA if you want to head to a Braves game or the High Museum. Have fun!

Another vote for Embassy Suites! We LOVE ES!! Plenty of room for our family of 5 and they have a yummy FREE hot breakfast! Most locations are reasonably priced too. And we have always found them to be clean and the service excellent. Have fun in Atlanta!

We stay at Residence Inn everywhere we go now. With 6 of us, we get a 2 bedroom suite. The older boys get 2 queen beds in their room, we get a king (the little ones sleep on the sleeper sofa in the living room) The rooms are separated by the living area so lots of privacy and 2 bathrooms. It's like an apartment.

It also has a full kitchen so we can save money by cooking. Most Residence Inns offer breakfast, some even offer light meals during the week. They have grocery items in the lobby area for purchase (expensive but convenient) The kids like that they have pools, and a lot of them have basketball/tennis courts too. They don't get many kid visitors, and every time we have stayed at one, the kids get treated like royalty! Last time was in Louisville and the staff baked chocolate chip cookies and brought the warm cookies and milk out to the kids at the pool (they asked if it was okay first)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter