What MUST we experience during our first trip to FW?

Jlampley

Mouseketeer
My family is planning their 5th trip to WDW, but our first time to pull the camper down and stay at FW. There seems to be so many things to do, I'm not sure what should be on the top of our agenda for our "resort day" during our stay. We'll be there October 17th-24th. A long way off, but I love thinking about it!

Thanks for the advice.:goodvibes

Alot of us will be there the same time as you. My #1 suggestion is renting a golf cart, even if its just for the one day....its a complete blast cruising around the entire campground getting a first hand view of what to do next.....make sure you end your evening with the campfire/singalong and then head to the beach to watch the fireworks. Some adult beverages always makes the day more relaxing too!!!

I love The Electric Water Pageant, it comes around 9:45 pm on the Lake.

I would say the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue... it's pretty near my favorite thing at WDW!

If you can do it, the Fort Segway experience is a blast !:thumbsup2

and if you don't plan on do'un a lot of the parks and have xtra time,,I like to fish the lake and canals.:fish:

bring some mashmallows, candy bars and grahm crackers.....make some smores and enjoy the singalong and campfire and MOVIE!!

My DD(4) loved the pony rides. If your group is older, you can do the trail ride.

Swimming would be fun.

Campfire sing-a-long was great.

I like all of these ideas. We're probably going to devote one day to the camp ground as well as our arrival day. I know the kids will want to take advantage of the new swimming area. I think they'll love carting around. Plus, I get to RV dream! I've seen a lot of amazing campers on this board.

Is the campfire everynight? Are Chip & Dale always there and do you need reservations?

Can you hear the music from Wishes on the beach like you can at the Poly?

Ooooh, I'm getting excited!

Chip and Dale are there everynight, and take the time to mingle with every kid in sight.....no reservations, no charge.

You can hear music most nights...tip: instead of watching from the marina...take a right on the beach and walk down a block or so....music is piped from a small cabin behind the 300 loop most nights.

A lot of great suggestions and I can only add that you can't do it all so pick a few and do them right and not second guess your decision on what you should or shouldn't have done. You can always pick up what you missed the next trip.

Like for us as long as we stay, when the sons are both there we have to do the minature golf thing one night. In all the close to 360 days we have spent at FW we have only done the campfire like two times and we always have it on the list, but just never get there.

Larry

SeaRaycer boats! We had a blast using them. Not the cheapest thing in the world, but a lot of fun. We rented them first thing in the morning (10AM I think?), so the water was not crowded at all. By 11-11:30AM there can be a surprising number of boats on the water.

Also remember to get your picture taken in the rocking chairs on Crocket's Tavern porch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter