What movies make you cry?

I just saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II on Monday. I think I'm still sniffling. Alan Rickman deserves an Oscar. Is it just me or was that a very quiet movie? It seemed like there were many moments where if no character was talking it was just silence. No background noise or intrusive score.

Of course, I was trying so hard not to be a blubbering idiot and disturb the other patrons that it was probably all in my head :rotfl:

Lonesome Dove
Toy Story 3
The Time Traveler's Wife
The Patriot
The Life Before Her Eyes
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2

There's a ton more, thats just all that came to my mind right off.

1. One True Thing
2. The Family Stone
3. My Girl
4. Steel Magnolias
5. Saving Private Ryan
6. Marley and Me
7. StepMom
8. The Yearling
9. P.S. I Love You
10. Life is Beautiful
11. Schindler's List
12. Anything when an animal dies

I also bawled during Band of Brother's when they liberate the concentration camps.

August Rush - at the end, when he sees his mom and dad in the audience.. I'm having goosebumps just typing this.

Which part?

Two or three times the first few times I saw it back in 77. When they first appear on the road with Roy, Jillian and Barry. When they are at Devil's Tower and all the little ones come out of the cloud and the part that still gets me is when the mothership turns over to show how beautiful it is.
Being a Science Fiction fan and partial to Earthbound Science Fiction this movie was awe inspriing back in 1977. Yes. I do like it much better than Star wars.

Silent Running

when bruce dern and the broken drone are looking at the red button.

then it shows the other drone in the dome, tending to the forrest.

pirate:

I forgot "Where the Heart Is" and "Creator." Both movies made me cry big time.

"Who Will Love My Children" with Anne Margaret....a true story about a mother of 10 who has to find homes for her kids because she is dying...a whole movie of a Mom giving away her kids...sobbed through the whole thing.

Dumbo. See, I'm just thinking about it and I'm tearing up.
ET
Steel Magnolias
Toy Story 3, especially since I have one going off to college next year.

Gotta get my tissues now!!!!

I'm a big crier, I will confess, and almost every movie listed above has been known to make me produce my fair share of tears, but another few that come to mind that gets me every time is:

1. Eight Below (we are husky owners, and I LOVE my dogs, so I love this movie);
2. Up (the first ten minutes in is a doozy); and of course,
3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (1 &2! lol...I love all things HP, of course I would cry). :rolleyes1

I could NOT stop crying, and it was totally unexpected! I went for a fun movie and cried through half of it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter