• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What movie "flops" do you like??

The Lone Ranger!

Sex & the City 2.

In regards to SATC 2, I will say that SATC was my favorite TV show ever... and I thought the first movie was pretty good. However, that whole Abu Dhabi storyline was :confused3 I would really love to see another sequel though.

My input is Rock of Ages, I totally loved that movie, it is one of my favorites :banana:. It seems that nobody else liked it.

The Fifth Element. When my DH and I got our new RFID APs we said to each other "mul-ti-pass".

DH and I saw GalaxyQuest tonight. Not sure if it was a flop but I groaned when he said he got it from Netflix. But it was so funny!

Galaxy Quest was the most perfect parody of Star Trek ever done IMO. Its really a great movie.

One of the best lines of the movie is when Sigourney Weaver's characte rGwen DeMarco says, "Whoever wrote this episode should DIE."

Love What Dreams May Come.

Also liked:
John Carter
Battleship
White House Down

Guess I'm just easy to please.

Galaxy Quest was the most perfect parody of Star Trek ever done IMO. Its really a great movie.

One of the best lines of the movie is when Sigourney Weaver's characte rGwen DeMarco says, "Whoever wrote this episode should DIE."

"I have one job on this ship, it's stupid, but I'm going to do it!" Love this movie too. But, I've found that IT geeks pretty much treat Galaxy Quest like Monty Python movies, we quote it all of the time!

We also loved Galaxy Quest and own the DVD, but I don't think it was actually a flop.

As a kid I watched Grease 2 over and over again and I loved it! A few years back I saw something written about how cheesy and bad it was. I was legitimately shocked... however I did watch it shortly after that and saw it with a new pair of eyes and yes, I could see its cheesiness. Since I grew up with it though, I would still watch it if it ever came on, mainly because it would bring back memories of when I watched it as a kid. Even as a kid though I still thought the first Grease was the best!

Another vote for the Lone Ranger. I also really enjoyed Alice in Wonderland the Johnny Depp version. I am not sure if it flopped but everyone I talked to hated it or wouldn't watch it. Maybe I am just obsessed with Johnny Depp...hmmm;)

Hudson Hawk
Waterworld

I'm not entirely sure a lot that were mentioned should be considered "flops".

DH and I love the movie "Battleship". :happytv: I had no idea that it was a box office flop until I Googled to see if there was a sequel planned. :confused3 lol

Are there any box office "flops" that you really like?? popcorn::

I usually LOVE any really really terrible disaster/monster movie. Case in Point: Mega Pirhana, starring Tiffany. :lmao::lmao: I haven't seen Sharknado yet, but I just KNOW I'm going to love it! :love:

"I have one job on this ship, it's stupid, but I'm going to do it!" Love this movie too. But, I've found that IT geeks pretty much treat Galaxy Quest like Monty Python movies, we quote it all of the time!

I love Galaxy Quest!! When I was watching that last battle scene in Man of Steel a few weeks ago and they kept knocking over skyscrapers, I kept thinking of Alan Rickman shouting, "Can you try not hitting EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM?!?!" :rotfl:

Another box office failure that I love: The Fountain

Godzilla, the one with Matthew Broderick. But I love big monster movies like that and Cloverfield, Super 8, etc. There's a new Godzilla movie coming out May 2014, I'm super excited to see it!

Vegas Vacation

"I put a dollar in, I got a car! I put a dollar in, I got a car! I put a dollar in, I got a car! I put a dollar in, I got a car!" popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter