what models of cars does Alamo have in their midsize category at MCO?

emmabelle

Crazy cat lady who loves Disney
I reserved a midsize through Alamo at MCO for our July trip. I thought I've done it before and was able to rent a Chevy HHR? Does anyone know if the HHR is considered a midsize or if they even have them still?

When we rented a mid-size in June there were at least 2 chevy HHR on the mid-size aisle but we also noticed that there was one on the full-size aisle so I don't know which category it is supposed to be in. It was the second time I have rented a mid-size and have seen the HHR so hopefully it is there when you are there. We have also gotten the Mazda 5 hatchback which was very roomy and plenty of space for luggage. It actually had optional seating for 7 but then there wouldn't have been much room for luggage.

thanks! I know that I fit the luggage in an HHR before, so I'm really hoping they'll have one when we get there! :thumbsup2

In Florida right now... and we are driving a chevy HHR. It was in the Alamo full size, but I really don't consider it to be full size. The back seat is pretty small if you are to fit three adults in the back. Otherwise it has been great!

When we rented a mid-size in June there were at least 2 chevy HHR on the mid-size aisle but we also noticed that there was one on the full-size aisle so I don't know which category it is supposed to be in. It was the second time I have rented a mid-size and have seen the HHR so hopefully it is there when you are there. We have also gotten the Mazda 5 hatchback which was very roomy and plenty of space for luggage. It actually had optional seating for 7 but then there wouldn't have been much room for luggage.

Just a note for those reading this. The Mazda 5 has a maximum seating capacity of 6, not 7.

I typically rent and intermediate (one level below/cheaper than mid-sized) and I've always ended up with a HHR or a Kia Rondo. Both have plenty of room for the bags across the way back and baby seat and stroller in the back seat.

We get a "full size"--last time it was a Sonata w/satellite radio! Couldn't have been more pleased.

I was pleasantly suprised. I figured it wouldn't be activated--but it was!!
Which was great considering the lack of any good music on the local stations....

Are you asking about full size or intermediate? Lots of folks here are telling you what they got as full-sized.

About a year ago Alamo downsized its fleet designations. In the past year I've twice ended up with what was really a compact car when renting an "intermediate". I talked about it in this thread from last November, and my observation three weeks ago wasn't any different: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2324364

These days I stick to renting "full-size" cars if the family is with me. I can't easily get kids, carseats and stroller plus luggage into a compact. (The last two "full-size" cars I've gotten have been Altimas; legally a mid-size car.)

Are you asking about full size or intermediate? Lots of folks here are telling you what they got as full-sized.

About a year ago Alamo downsized its fleet designations. In the past year I've twice ended up with what was really a compact car when renting an "intermediate". I talked about it in this thread from last November, and my observation three weeks ago wasn't any different: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2324364

These days I stick to renting "full-size" cars if the family is with me. I can't easily get kids, carseats and stroller plus luggage into a compact. (The last two "full-size" cars I've gotten have been Altimas; legally a mid-size car.)

I was asking about midsize. ;)

Ughh...maybe I need to redo my ressie. :confused:

I reserved a midsize through Alamo at MCO for our July trip. I thought I've done it before and was able to rent a Chevy HHR? Does anyone know if the HHR is considered a midsize or if they even have them still?

When we were renting from Alamo at MCO last month, they had a ton of them in the Midsize aisle....red, blue, silver, etc. We almost chose one, but I picked out another car. We had to go back to swap out the car that I picked (long story), and they still had several.

Anything in the fullsize row is designated a fullsize, however sometimes they put fullsize in the midsize or intermediate rows. I have never seen a compact in the midsize row. Sometimes they put intermediate in the compact row. Why someone would choose a compcat from the midsize row is beyond me. We have had the hhr 3 times now, and always been happy. 3 adults in the back seat would be a stretch, but 2 adults in the back and a child fit well.

Anything in the fullsize row is designated a fullsize, however sometimes they put fullsize in the midsize or intermediate rows. I have never seen a compact in the midsize row. Sometimes they put intermediate in the compact row. Why someone would choose a compcat from the midsize row is beyond me. We have had the hhr 3 times now, and always been happy. 3 adults in the back seat would be a stretch, but 2 adults in the back and a child fit well.

I ended up changing the ressie to a fullsize, so now of course when I get to MCO there will be a couple of HHR's in the midsize lane. :rotfl: I better not look, it may annoy me. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter