What "minor attractions" for DS7 artist love?

TinkerSouthernBelle

Earning My Ears
We have gone many, many times to WDW. But we tend to focus on the MAJOR attractions. I am wondering about some of the lesser known/popular attractions that my 7 yo DS, who is very artistic might enjoy? Like what is Animation Studios like? I've done the tour many years ago but is there interactive things now? How about Epcot?
THANKS!!

The animation building is a must! You should probably sit through the demonstration once, but otherwise you can enter through the gift shop to go to the drawing class. The drawing class is every half hour, I think. You wait in one area, then go in to the tables and the instruction will take you through drawing a character step by step. We have done it multiple times a day- just exit, and go back to the waiting area straight away. Depending on how busy it is, whether you can get into the next class or not.

At Epcot, has he done the KidCot stops? World Showcase has a stop in each country where you work on coloring your mask or Duffy Bear on a stick little by little. Future World has some stops too, but I think you color something else there? It's been a while since we did those.

Also at the animation building there are computer type games like coloring and "What Disney Character Are You?", along with some characters.

The animation building is a must! You should probably sit through the demonstration once, but otherwise you can enter through the gift shop to go to the drawing class. The drawing class is every half hour, I think. You wait in one area, then go in to the tables and the instruction will take you through drawing a character step by step. We have done it multiple times a day- just exit, and go back to the waiting area straight away. Depending on how busy it is, whether you can get into the next class or not.

At Epcot, has he done the KidCot stops? World Showcase has a stop in each country where you work on coloring your mask or Duffy Bear on a stick little by little. Future World has some stops too, but I think you color something else there? It's been a while since we did those.

I completely agree--these are both excellent suggestions. :thumbsup2

Do you slow down and look in the stores in the World Showcase? I love looking at all the cultural things, he may enjoy the colors and textures, etc...

You CANNOT miss the Animation class in the Animation Building. We have been to Disney 30+ times and I didn't even know this was there until a couple trips ago.

The earlier poster gave the details, but let me just add my whole family loves this class. Teenage daughter, her BFF, (both 14), tween daughter (10). Over the past few trips we have drawn Pluto, Tinkerbell and Dopey. They walk you through the steps and at the end you can't believe you just drew that! This is offered every half hour. You just line up for it and once the max people are reached (30-40 I think), they let you know so you don't waste time in line if you can't fit.

Thanks everyone. The animation class sounds wonderful. He is beyond "coloring". Now I hope my 4 yr can sit through it too! I think we just need to explore that whole building more!

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter