What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day!,Sept TR-Cape May HooRay 4/14

Loved the tour update! The girls seemed to have had a really good time! Are you as ready for the summertime as this Georgia girl is?? :beach:

I am a newbie to your TRs and I am loving what I am reading so far. You have adorable kids!

Thanks so much for sharing! I am looking forward to reading more. :thumbsup2

Okay so I didn't want to say anything but on both our tours, we also fed the fish. The feed is gross smelling pellets, but it's fun to watch the swarms of fish. Now the last time was in September 2012 so maybe it's been changed. We also did the Epcot Segway tour in 2012 and that whole thing's gone now so who knows?

My husband asked about all the mickey shaped items including the cucumbers and we were told that it was part of someone's research or project and so it was basically (I'm heavily paraphrasing here) "limited time magic!" I will forever remember them tasting better for being mickey shaped though.

Seriously love it though that the tour guide made sure to include the girls so much.

And I have a guess about miss community garden. I may have to PM you with it!
WHAT?!? What a rip-off. I won't tell the kids :thumbsup2.

Miss community garden , had me laughing out loud and scanning the pictures to see who she might be !!! Great updates though, my little one likes unusual things that other children might not enjoy. For example learning spaceship earth narrative and riding it at least 25 times on our last trip . The girls look so involved and curious it's lovely . Being from England I am pleaded to say I have fish and chips at least twice a month we call it chippy . However I would trade you this for your breakfasts and pancakes . Glad you are back :)
We are also obsessed with Spaceship Earth!! You'll hear more about that later!
I ate my weight in fish and chips when I was in England! You know how people always joke about gaining the "freshman fifteen" in college? Well that's how I gained mine, lol!:lmao: I thought it was cute that they put faux newsprint in the box at Epcot, as mine always came in paper in England :goodvibes. Oh, memories!
I'll trade you. You can have the breakfasts.

Ooh, I'm so excited to read about this tour!

Okay, Crazy Lady needs to get over herself, seriously. Some people.

That's too cute Julia and Brynn were given ladybugs! (By the way, I also REALLY love their shirts!)

LOVE the thing with Stanley the Plant. Brynn is just so adorable, I'm glad she was able to visit him again before the end of the tour!

I just read the part about the ladybug release and SERIOUSLY, Crazy Lady?? I hope your girls weren't too upset about her, because she doesn't sound like the best person to take a tour with.

Kalea sounds like an awesome tour guide, though! I love that she was the one who wanted pictures with Julia and Brynn, that's so sweet! :goodvibes
My kids luckily didn't notice her at all. Brandon was annoyed, but they were in their own little happy oblivion!
I thought that was sweet of Kalea, too, but I can't believe Brandon didn't that shot with our camera, too! Oh, well. We all know they had a blast.

Loved the tour update! The girls seemed to have had a really good time! Are you as ready for the summertime as this Georgia girl is?? :beach:
SO READY! Yesterday was so gorgeous that I almost forgot what horrible winter weather we've had! (Almost.)

I've always wanted to do a tour at Disney, it looks like the Living with the Land one was a lot of fun.
It's a good one, and very laid back. Seems like a good choice for a first tour!

I am a newbie to your TRs and I am loving what I am reading so far. You have adorable kids!

Thanks so much for sharing! I am looking forward to reading more. :thumbsup2
:welcome: I'm glad you're joining us! Thanks for reading and for your kind words!:goodvibes I'm glad we haven't scared you off yet!

My favorite trip reporter! I am now caught up so far with this one, can't wait to read more!
WOW! What an amazing compliment!:goodvibes Thank you.

Thanks for gathering all the tour info for us! If you hadn't told us, I'd have never know you weren't there!

I'm glad the girls enjoyed it and that the tour guide was great with them! :goodvibes Ugh there is indeed always one crazy :scared1: ! We did a behind the scenes tour at SeaWorld and indeed there was one there too!

I think I may want to surprise DBF with this tour. We're not huge into gardening or anything but he (strangely enough) loves finding out behind-the-scenes research and things like that and it seems right up our alley! We rode LwtL for the first time in September and we were fascinated!

I can't believe you lived in England , so you know the Epcot version of England isn't our reality lol but it's still a good place to be Did you manage to visit the north ? When I come to the US for vacation I usually put in the vacation 15llbs :)

Thanks for gathering all the tour info for us! If you hadn't told us, I'd have never know you weren't there!

I'm glad the girls enjoyed it and that the tour guide was great with them! :goodvibes Ugh there is indeed always one crazy :scared1: ! We did a behind the scenes tour at SeaWorld and indeed there was one there too!

I think I may want to surprise DBF with this tour. We're not huge into gardening or anything but he (strangely enough) loves finding out behind-the-scenes research and things like that and it seems right up our alley! We rode LwtL for the first time in September and we were fascinated!
So funny that there was a crazy person in your group, too! I mean, probably not funny at the time, but....you know what I mean ;).
I think you would both love the tour! I just love finding out random facts, even about things I'm not completely fascinated by, and it sounds like you're much the same. Try it! If you don't like it, it's not that much time or money wasted.

I can't believe you lived in England , so you know the Epcot version of England isn't our reality lol but it's still a good place to be Did you manage to visit the north ? When I come to the US for vacation I usually put in the vacation 15llbs :)
WHAT!?! YOU DON'T LIVE IN A CASTLE?!?!?! :confused3:scared1:
I didn't visit the north of England, really. I only made it as far as Leeds/York, then skipped right over north England and went straight to Edinburgh...so unless you count a train ride, no :sad:. I was at the University of Surrey at Roehampton (since then just renamed University of Roehampton), so London was pretty much my home base, with an occasional trip to beaches to the south. And when I visited a few times for just a few days after that, I always stayed in London. Brandon and I have plans to wait a few years until the kids can enjoy it more, then spend a few weeks visiting several parts of the UK. He can't wait to try out his camera gear there, and I'm eager to spend some time in the Lake District, especially.

Yes The Lake District is about 70 minutes by car from us we go there a lot . That's our other vacation spot besides disney lol . It's such a beautiful place it never gets old, we have just booked to spend Easter in a cottage in hawkshead which is a little village near Hilltop . I hope you get to go , till then there's always disney ;)

Okay, not sure if you "know" me (jediprincess23 from Instagram) but I just want to tell you that upon watching frozen for the 4th time I realized that baby Kristoff and your little Sawyer could be twins!! Maybe he has some face character work in his future? ;) Your kids are pretty much the cutest things ever and your and Brandon's sense of humor is great!! Keep up the fantastic work! :)

I'm just now joining in! I stumbled upon your trip report and I am thoroughly enjoying every single minute of it! I'm all caught up with this one and earlier today I went back and started reading your last one. Your family is so fun and your kids are adorable! I cannot wait to hear about the rest of your trip! My very first trip to the World is in 8 days and your report is getting me so excited!

I also just want to say that I am so impressed at Brynn's ability to cope when she gets over stimulated. I'm a behavior therapist and work exclusively with children on the spectrum and I can tell how much time and effort you and your family has put in to helping Brynn. Kudos to you!

Yes The Lake District is about 70 minutes by car from us we go there a lot . That's our other vacation spot besides disney lol . It's such a beautiful place it never gets old, we have just booked to spend Easter in a cottage in hawkshead which is a little village near Hilltop . I hope you get to go , till then there's always disney ;)
That sounds like a lovely trip!
And yes, until then, Disney will have to do :thumbsup2.

Okay, not sure if you "know" me (jediprincess23 from Instagram) but I just want to tell you that upon watching frozen for the 4th time I realized that baby Kristoff and your little Sawyer could be twins!! Maybe he has some face character work in his future? ;) Your kids are pretty much the cutest things ever and your and Brandon's sense of humor is great!! Keep up the fantastic work! :)
I totally "know" you ;)!
OMG, you are so right! How did I not make that connection before?!
I'm so glad you're here and enjoying the TR :goodvibes.

I'm just now joining in! I stumbled upon your trip report and I am thoroughly enjoying every single minute of it! I'm all caught up with this one and earlier today I went back and started reading your last one. Your family is so fun and your kids are adorable! I cannot wait to hear about the rest of your trip! My very first trip to the World is in 8 days and your report is getting me so excited!

I also just want to say that I am so impressed at Brynn's ability to cope when she gets over stimulated. I'm a behavior therapist and work exclusively with children on the spectrum and I can tell how much time and effort you and your family has put in to helping Brynn. Kudos to you!
:welcome: Wow! Thank you! Hope your trip went/is going well!

IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S FINALLY HERE!

Yes, we're slow, but it's worth it...the trip video is complete! :banana::cool1::dance3:

Here's a link to the YouTube version. You can't view it on mobile devices, though, only computers.
YouTube Version- Disney World Family Vacation Video 2013

And here's a link to the Vimeo version, which WILL play on mobile devices.
Vimeo Version- Disney World Family Vacation Video 2013

I am so proud of Brandon for all his hard work on this video. It is the most amazing thing I've ever seen, though I may be a bit biased :thumbsup2. I think it truly shows how magical Disney really is, plus shows some things people don't see every day--being Family of the Day, MNSSHP, tours, dealing with special needs and rocking it, etc.

If you feel so compelled, please don't hesitate to share it across all forms of social media. I would love the world to see this because of how hard Brandon worked, and how much it conveys why we go back year after year.
(Oh, and if you cry at the end, not my fault :rolleyes1.)

Thanks in advance for watching, thanks for your support, and thanks for still reading this TR even though you're about to find out lots of what happens in the rest of the trip :lmao:!

The video is soooooo good!!! :thumbsup2 Major props to Brandon! I definitely did tear up at the end actually.

My family goes on our Disney vacation in 2 days so I was so happy that the video was done just in time to watch it before we left. I didn't think I could get any more excited about our trip, but then I watched the video and hit a whole new level of excitement! :yay:

Looking forward to the rest of the trip report!

Woohoo now I have to watch the video again later tonight! My little girl will love to see it as well!

Haha and I saw myself in the background in the first cut from crystal palace! Toward the right in the back you can see my pink shirt, pale forehead and dark hair!! Haha now I sound like an extra who's going "I'm in this movie! See? There's my elbow!"

This was beautiful! It's wonderful how much you all enjoy your time together and just live in the magic!

Thanks for sharing!

UGGH so excited to watch....I've already started tearing up at the thought of it. Dang pregnancy hormones!!! Here I go....:thumbsup2:goodvibes

Video....so good....can't stand the cuteness! Should come with a tissue warning at the beginning!

Seriously, Brandon's job should be to follow people at Disney and do video/pictures for their trips or video for disney ads. You and the kids might have to find stuff to do at Disney for the day, but I think you could handle the sacrifice! :rotfl: is that kind of thing just a hobby for him or does he do audio/visual stuff in real life too? He's A-FEAKIN'-MAZING at it!

Your video is amazing! It made me cry because I miss Disney World so much!

Edit: I asked my oldest son (he's 3 1/2) if he wanted to watch a video about Mickey Mouse's House, and we spent most of our evening watching both the 2012 and 2013 videos, especially after my youngest woke up and asked to watch it too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter