What meals to pay OOP for?

DisGirl819

<font color=blue>Then I thought about it and reali
We are on the Plus DDP this summer. I want to make all these ADRs and am wondering which ones would be more worth it to pay OOP for.

Arrival day: Sanaa (staying at AKV)
CRT breakfast
BOG
Cape May
Les Chefs lunch
Tusker house breakfast
1900 PF dinner
Garden grill
Boma breakfast

We are also planning two grown up date nights with two adults dining at either Boma or Jiko and the rest of the family eating QS or in room dining.

We are staying for 7 nights.

For the ADULTS, I would pay OOP for CRT breakfast and then do one DDP and one OOP for Sanaa, Le Chef or BoG depending on what you might order. That way you still get a dessert to share at those meals and you're only paying OOP for the entree.

For the KIDS, pay OOP at the a la carte places. Kids' meals at these type are all around $10 or less.

sharonabe said:
For the ADULTS, I would pay OOP for CRT breakfast and then do one DDP and one OOP for Sanaa, Le Chef or BoG depending on what you might order. That way you still get a dessert to share at those meals and you're only paying OOP for the entree.

For the KIDS, pay OOP at the a la carte places. Kids' meals at these type are all around $10 or less.

Can you just use the ddp for one or two adults but not all four? We are a party of four adults and two kids. I thought if one person used ddp then everyone had to at the same meal.

Can you just use the ddp for one or two adults but not all four? We are a party of four adults and two kids. I thought if one person used ddp then everyone had to at the same meal.

It's not an "all or nothing" system. Just let your server know which Adults will be using the dining plan and which ones will be paying OOP. You'll receive 2 separate bills at the end of the meal. This is one way of saving credits at the less expensive meals and using them for the 2 credit places.

As far as which adult meals to pay OOP you can look at the menus on allears for the various a la carte restaurants (Sanaa, BOG dinner, Les Chefs) and see which ones are least expensive. Also figure out the per credit cost for CRT since that's 2 credits per person.

Children's buffet/AYCE prices make those a good choice on the dining plan whereas a la carte kid's meals tend to be fairly inexpensive.

It's not an "all or nothing" system. Just let your server know which Adults will be using the dining plan and which ones will be paying OOP. You'll receive 2 separate bills at the end of the meal. This is one way of saving credits at the less expensive meals and using them for the 2 credit places.

As far as which adult meals to pay OOP you can look at the menus on allears for the various a la carte restaurants (Sanaa, BOG dinner, Les Chefs) and see which ones are least expensive. Also figure out the per credit cost for CRT since that's 2 credits per person.

Children's buffet/AYCE prices make those a good choice on the dining plan whereas a la carte kid's meals tend to be fairly inexpensive.

Good to know! We've used the DDP for years but we've always all eaten on the DDP and just paid OOP for particular restaurants. I had no idea I could pay OOP for certain people and not others. Thank you! That helps a lot :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter