What makes YOU feel like a kid again at WDW?

Alright adult Dis members----Let's chat!

If there is a particular moment, ride, show, action you do when going to WDW that makes *you* feel just like a kid again----what is it? :yay:
:dance3:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For me, it is wearing those ears! :earsgirl: I might look slightly dorky, but I don't care! I instantly feel at home at the parks with my ears on and I don't feel my age. Another element is the character meals or simply posing with characters. Seeing the fireworks makes me teary. Riding PoC--though I grew up with the DL version, I still feel like a kid on this ride. I used to be scared of the fire'y scene and some of those pirates. pirate: Also, IASW--instantly a kid on that ride.

When we go to MK seeing the castle makes me feel like I am a little girl again...

riding Dumbo, Magic Carpets, Golden Carousel, and meeting characters! That's when every dollar I spent on the trip becomes worth it! :cutie:

Ummm...from the second we get into the monorail at Orlando Airport until we get in the car to come home...I'm approximately 5 years old. I love every second.

The fireworks! Im so fidgety waiting for them to start (The map says they were supposed to start 1 minute ago- where are they?????) and I ooo and aahhh and squeal like a little kid for the whole show.

Well, for me it is the Monorail, "please stand clear of the doors" always builds the excitement that we are on our way to somewhere really special.

Soarin. I can swing my feet. That rarely happens any other time. :)

Just walking into the lobby of the Polynesian and getting hit with that floral smell. Man does that bring back fond memories from my childhood. That is the first stop on every trip, and really tells me "I'm there"!

DH & I were talking about this the other day and we both agreed that walking into MK, seeing the castle makes us feel like kids again. Then, as we walk down Main Street towards the Castle we can feel ourselves getting younger and younger until we reach Casey's Corner - we're about 5 or 6 years old at that point.

The funny thing is that neither of us ever went to Disney when we were that age (my first time I was 11 years old and DH was 55 years old)! :rotfl:

Another favorite that makes me feel like a kid again is watching "Wishes" (I get chills and water-up each time!) Or watching any of the parades (whether it be at MK, AK, or MGM) I'm a little kid saying to DH "Looky! Looky! it's (fill in the name of a character)" (And he's doing about the same thing to me!)

Whenever we see the Country Bear Jamboree and they get to the part with Big Al's solo "Blood on the Saddle", I get that "kid again" moment. My dad thought this was the funniest thing in the world and he would imitate Big Al for us.

So many great memories already listed! I have to agree that the first walk down main street is right up there .. having been so many times I enjoy seeing parents with their young kids first time walking down and picturing the parent having the same thing happen to them as a child .. I had the pleasure of doing that last year with my two beautiful daughters (4&5) last year.

Myself .. I miss parts of the park that are no more .. E tickets .. the skyway .. Mr. Toad .. it's nice that many of us got to experience the park of yesteryear and the new things they continue to bring.

Someday I will love to be going with my daughters and their kids .. the circle of disney :)

This is a great thread - it's sparked so many happy memories.

I feel like a kid again when:
1) I see the Main Street Electrical Parade. Yes, I know it's not in WDW anymore, but when it was. It is something that my dad really loves, especially the music. Main Street/the Parade always makes me think of being there holding my dad's hand.

2) More with hand holding - walking under Spaceship Earth always makes me feel like a kid again, because my mom has always made it a family tradition to hold hands as we walk under. Back then, it was our family of 4; now it's 6 of us with the addition of my DH and my DS's boyfriend. The tradition continues :)

It definitely has to be seeing Cinderella Castle for the first time on a trip or meeting any of my favorite characters! I turn into THE biggest kid!!!! :goodvibes

I never went to Disney as a child...for me, it was something only "rich" families got to do. The closest I ever came was the NY Worlds Fair.
The first time I visited Disney, with my own two young daughters and husband, I stood staring at the Castle with the fireworks going off overhead and I just cried like a baby...I felt soooooooooo enchanted.

I still do, every single time.:cloud9:

I was going to do my top 3 and then I realized I couldn't leave a special one out. So, my top 4 are (in no particular order- I couldn't tell you which is tops).

Being on Main Street just staring at Cinderella's Castle.
Riding and watching Dumbo.
Going on Imagination and seeing Figment (although I much preferred the original version).
And Lastly, Seeing WDW through my kids eyes-makes it new every single time.

I can't wait for these to do it to me again in August.:woohoo: :yay:

Myself .. I miss parts of the park that are no more .. E tickets .. the skyway .. Mr. Toad .. it's nice that many of us got to experience the park of yesteryear and the new things they continue to bring.

I had a rare treat this week. I was going through some of our old home movies and found two reels of Disney World, circa 1977-78. It was so neat to see the Swan Boats and the Skyway, Frontierland pre-Splash and pre-Thunder (with the tiny train station) and the old Tomorrowland, the double decker buses on Main Street, and the old parades. I didn't remember my dad taking his movie camera to Disney, so I was really surprised.

There are a lot of things that make me feel I'm in my "happy place", but the one that makes me feel like a kid again is buying a Mickey balloon on Main Street at the beginning of the trip and keeping it in the room all week. I just love Mickey balloons!

Eating one of those big chocolate chip cookies from Sleepy Hollow.

That's simple....

Do you recall the commercial with the little boy that has the deer in the headlights look as he is gazing into one of the parks? His mother calmly mentions that 'this is just the entrance..'.

Well, that's me each and every time I step foot into the first and second and third and fourth park during any visit.

I never had the pleasure of experiencing Disney up close and personal as a kid. It wasn't until 1981 that I 1st experienced Disneyland which albeit impressive and enjoyable just didn't stack up to the world upon my 1st visit there in 1999 which is also when my wife and I got engaged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter