What makes staying onsite so much more "magical"?

**pixiedust**

Mouseketeer
We are gearing up for our first onsite stay after many years of staying outside of the world. What is it that makes the onsite resorts so much more special? How do you feel the magic more when you are at an onsite hotel? I would love to hear everyone's answers!

I think it's the refillable mugs! I collect them! I also think when I am carrying the KTW.. it makes me feel special cause I am not just visiting the World, but I am aslo staying IN the World!

I am sure that you will get a wide array of responses to this, as "magical" means different things to different people.

For my family, it is many different things. First, it is more convenient. We love the fact that we can let Disney take us where we want to go. We don't have to worry about traffic or the possibility of an accident. We just want to hop on a bus, a boat, or a monorail and let Disney do the driving.

We like the fact that the resorts have themes. The resort is just an extension of the parks. You still feel part of the "show" even in your hotel room.

Those are just a few of the reasons why staying on site is magical to us.

I love the fact when your on property you don't see all International drive cheezy places etc... You feel seperate from that and don't realize all that other stuff is a few miles away. We love the WDW transporation, no worrying about finding directions or driving!

The majority of the time the WDW quality and theming shines through!! My parents who are in their 70's and have travel and lived all over the world love going to WDW. The whole anxiety of the hotel being decent and the food decent is all taken away. You can truely relax....and if you play the discount game right....it isn't that much more expensive.

I like the Mickey Mouse wake up call! I love the convenience and that all residents are in Disney mode!

The refillable mugs. The wake up call. Mickey soaps. Transportation. I get so immersed in the whole thing that the outside world ceases to exist. Therefore, it does what vacation should, eases the stress.

I love staying on Property, for me it is the entire experience of going to Disney vs going to a theme park. Everyone, from Mousekeeping on up is also playing a "part" in making your stay magical. For some reason the CM's are just nicer than normal hotel employees.

it is also a comfort level of security and safety. Now, I know one must always be vigilent even on vacation but staying on property gives an added layer of comfort.

How could I forget the logistical benefits of:
sending purchases back to your hotel
shorter line for the resort monorail and more options for transprotation
not needing a rental car

and the best one :Pinkbounc EMH! :Pinkbounc

The fact that I can walk into the resort and stand there and know that for the next XX number of days I don't have anywhere I need to be, I don't have to drive myself anywhere and I am free to do anything I want. It seems to us that nothing exists outside of WDW (except calling to check on the dogs 5 times a day) ;)

pozey said:
I am sure that you will get a wide array of responses to this, as "magical" means different things to different people.

For my family, it is many different things. First, it is more convenient. We love the fact that we can let Disney take us where we want to go. We don't have to worry about traffic or the possibility of an accident. We just want to hop on a bus, a boat, or a monorail and let Disney do the driving.

We like the fact that the resorts have themes. The resort is just an extension of the parks. You still feel part of the "show" even in your hotel room.

Those are just a few of the reasons why staying on site is magical to us.

I agree with Pozey, no matter who you ask, their view of "Magical" will be different, and may even be different then what you will come to feel as "Magical" to you and your family. I could write out a long list of everything I love about staying on site. But, I shall take all those little things (Disney Theme hotels, service, extras they offer, and the list goes on) for me its like being able to exlpore a whole new world or universe, or its like being able to share a close bond with Walt himself, and all that he dreamed of and wanted for the world. I mean going to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM, or the Animal Kingdom, is magical even when staying outside the park, but once you cross over, its like I said for me exploring a whole new world, one that staying off site does not offer or fullfill.

Well I hope that helped alittle, and I hope you and your family find your own "Magical" reason why you love about staying on site as compared to off site.

Tron72
:Pinkbounc :cool1: :Pinkbounc :cool1:
I will be exploring an entire new world once again, come May 12, when I arrive at the Wilderness Lodge for my family's Grand Gathering.

Hi,
Not having to drive at all. We stay on Disney and don't drive, don't cook :cool1:
Especially not driving after a long day at the park. We also like to park hop, so we're not driving between parks or driving to eat somewhere. I just love it:)

For me, it's that wonderful sensation that I'm leaving the hustle and bustle of the "real world" behind. As soon as we drive under the archway welcoming us, we know we're "home". I love that we can choose to travel to the Pacific Northwest, and African village, a BoardWalk of yesteryear, the Big Easy, or any other number of wonderfully themed resorts. It all adds to the escape that is Disney!

There are so many reasons its magical but I think the one that sums it up best for us - is that when you stay onsite you never "leave" the magic. You just go to a different part of the magic. Each resort has its own magical theme and own magical atmosphere.

Can you enlighten me on what you mean by "refillable mugs"? We will be staying at Port Orleans for 4 days in June (have not been to WDW since 1996) and never heard of that during our stay back then?

For us, it is being immersed in the experience 24 hours a day. It makes what can be a hectic vacation more relaxing. No rental cars, no driving, no traffic, just a monorail ride to the Magic Kingdom, looking out my window and seeing the castle, and the feeling that the cast members are there to take care of me for the duration of my stay.
rsoxrule, I am pretty sure refillable mugs were around in 1996. They are plastic mugs that you buy (I think they are around $12) and they are refillable in your resort food court/restaurants for the length of your stay. Each mug for each resort has a different design, some people enjoy collecting them.

Not to sound snobby but we only stay on property. When I am there I feel that I am truely in a magical place. From the second I drive under the welcome sign entering the property until I leave I feel that I am in a different world. I don't see all the tall buildings and see and hear all the traffic. I love it there. :earboy2:

I don't know if anyone here is old enough to remember the television program "Fantasy Island," but that is what it is for us. It is so much NOT like the "real world." My kids even seem to get along better. It means you are "there!" 24 hours a day, I don't have to drive to the magic everyday...I'm there when I open my eyes!

1. Impeccable theming of resorts
2. Unparalleled service, a.k.a. -- "The Disney Touch." They really go out of their way to make you feel not like a customer, but a guest and someone they really really REALLY want to come back. People are unbelievably nice.
3. Location, location, location. Being able to roll out of bed, jog to the monorail and, in 10 minutes or less, be walking down Main Street!! :goodvibes
4. Convenience, convenience, convenience. Being able to ride a monorail, or a boat, or a bus, or to just WALK to your favorite attractions. To feel, if just for a few days, like you are a citizen of the Magic Kingdom! :wizard:
5. Extra hours of magic in the morning or at night -- woo hoo! :Pinkbounc
6. Yep, those mugs.
7. Location, location, location. Again. Being able to run out and get a Mickey ice cream bar, or a Dole whip, or one of those ENORMOUS cinnamon rolls in the bakery, as if you're just going around the corner or down the block -- which, in some cases, you are! :rotfl:
8. To be able to look out your window at night and see fireworks exploding everywhere!
9. Hearing Disney music all over the place. Your life suddenly gets a completely different soundtrack!
And, last but not least...
10. Having the wonder, the magic, and the enchantment surrounding you every moment, from when Mickey wakes you up, until Tinkerbell kisses you goodnight.

It really is a "whole new world"! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

To me it means letting Disney take care of all the worries. They cook, clean, transport you and your family about & now even can pick you up & drop you off at the airport. So long as you have your flight booked, bags packed, credit card & reservations in hand the next week should be a breeze.

Of course the whole experience just wouldn't be as "magical" if it wern't for the wonderful accomodations ;)

-The bedtime stories (hope they still have them!)
-Mousekeeping's special touches like having ds's Woody doll hug dd's Jessie
-Mickey toilet paper
-resort staff (CM's) who actually give a d**n about customers
-being a short monorail ride away from MK
-staying in one magical place for 10 nights
Ahh--good thread. Makes me want to go NOW!
:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter