What makes Planet Hollywood so loud?

disneydreamer74

DIS Veteran
I have read many posts describing PH as really loud. I have never eaten there, but we would like to try it on our arrival day. Is it that there are so many people in the restaurant? Or is there loud music playing?:confused3

Is it that there are so many people in the restaurant? Or is there loud music playing?

Both. It was deafening.

The tables are packed in really tight on multiple levels, and it's all hard floors and tall ceiling, so there's nothing for the sound to do but bounce around.

Add the jumbotron with the music videos at club volume and you'd better learn sign language to communicate with your waiter!

OMG it is SO loud in there, I will never go back there if they continue to play the music that loud, and I like loud music! Just not while I'm eating dinner! I understand it's not supposed to be a relaxing kind of place, but really, turn it down a little! :rotfl:

OK, don't flame me, but we like PH. Big boy can be as loud as he wants & it is no problem. Some days it is hard for him to be excited all day long, then be expected to be a civilized 6 year old for supper. Raglan Road is still my favorite TS at DTD though

The music is super loud and add that to alot of people trying to talk over the music and you have a headache with dinner

It is both the DJ and the people. I have never found it to be too loud but I can see how others would be put off by this.

As another who loves loud music, I have found PH EXTREMELY loud. If you have more than 2 or 3 people at your table forget about talking to them. I'm pretty sure the servers there must read lips because I certainly couldn't hear anything they said to me if they stood any distance away. Its a crowded, bustling type of environment, and that's fine, but they could definitely turn down the sound just a notch or two.:rockband:

WHAT???? wHAT DID YA SAY??LOL!!:rolleyes:
yes, its a mix of people talking, the dj getting the crowd going, people yelling over certain things, cheerleaders screaming, the tables r packed so tight together, I was not comfortable, but, its a really neat atmosphere to look at, there is soemthing in every corner to look at, cause ya can't have a convo with your family..lol!! I didn't like having to yell my order at the waiter!

If you have been to Hard rock cafe, its much louder at Planet Hollywood!!!
The food is ok, nothing to write home about, its everyday food!

But. like i said, Im still wondering how they got so much stuff to hang from the ceiling...lol!! :confused3

went once and it was way to loud for us. we won't be going back. and i have a son who i can hear him coming from a block away because of the stereo in his truck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter