• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What made you want to be apart of the Disney College Program?

TaraDactile7

Earning My Ears
Getting accepted into the Disney College Program has so much meaning to me. For me, getting accepted is so much bigger than just getting to work at Disney Land and having free access to the amusement park. This trip would change my life. I've been needing this change for YEARS and being apart of this program would finally bring that change to me. My life needs a drastic change now. Like right this second! lol and I'm sort of relying on this internship to bring my future happiness and help me begin to create the new life that I NEED.

I applied for the Disney College internship on March 13 and found out that I was waitlisted on March 27. :eek: As much as I've tried not to obsess over Disney and this college program, I can't help myself! I have stalked numerous youtube members and their DCP experience! I've spent more time than anyone should on google trying to find out as much information about DCP pending, DCP rejection rates, and so much more. I've driven myself darn near insane trying so hard to avoid learning more about the actual DCP experience because that would make it hurt so much more if I got rejected! I've been avoiding any possible fun, incredibly awesome pictures of DCP moments! I refuse to go anywhere near them! I think that being waitlisted is a good thing because it means that they saw something in you taht they felt was worth further consideration despite their thousands of paperwork and ridiculous stacks!!! So the longer I'm being pended, in a way, makes me feel like I did something right. ( <---- or maybe that's just me trying to be optimistic so that I don't lose my mind!) I can't remember the last time I wanted something so badly and if I don't get it, I'm going to cry for weeks. Maybe longer.

Any ideas on how I can prepare myself for rejection, yet remain positive about possible acceptance?
What has your experience been with being pended? Any encouraging, soothing words?

Applied with some sort of mindset that said "Oh I won't get in, but I may as well try!" and was accepted into QSFB a week later.

Applied with some sort of mindset that said "Oh I won't get in, but I may as well try!" and was accepted into QSFB a week later.

I like your attitude! and congrats!!! I had my phone interview on Jan 30th, received the pended email on February 17th and again on March 15th. I have also applied to several PI's and hope to get accepted by either Program. Both would be an amazing experience :cloud9:

My reason for applying to both the CP and PI's is that I returned to college late in life after my husband passed away and my children are now grown. It has always been my dream to graduate with a Bachelor's degree and to work for Disney's corporate offices hopefully either in the travel/hospitality capacity or production/finance side of Disney. Disney holds the same family values as ours and the opportunities are endless!

Don't give up! Being on the waitlist isn't a rejection so stay calm :) If you do happen to get rejected, the DCP will still be there for you to apply again. Everything happens for a reason. So if you are meant to be accepted this time around, you will be!

Taken straight from my transfer essay, this is my little tale (I currently attend UCONN):

Over the past few months this summer, even before I arrived at Fordham University’s Lincoln Center campus, smack dab in the middle of the busy borough of Manhattan, I found a rather peculiar craving beginning to grow inside of me. Slowly, but surely, I became consumed by new dreams and began to research the topic incessantly. Friends and family just turned their heads from side to side and scratched them quizzically. But I knew. I can pinpoint, down to the very moment, when I knew what I wanted to do with the rest of my life.
Ironically enough, during my school’s New Student Orientation program, they had invited a motivational speaker by the name of Ed Gerety to generate excitement in the class of 2015 for not only our freshmen year, but for the rest our four years at Fordham. I know from research that at least the Avery Point regional campus of the University of Connecticut is no stranger to the incredibly inspiring skills of Ed Gerety. During his remarks, he had us turn to the person behind us, and turn our typical, “I want,” statements into, “I will,” statements. It was in that moment, where I had all but a few seconds to articulate to this girl I had just met, my heart’s deepest desire. As her hazel eyes gazed over my features expectantly, I hesitated, for at the time it seemed a “dorky” admission, but eventually blurted out, “I will work for Disney after I have graduated college.” No sooner than the air had escaped my parted, pink lips, a metaphorical “light bulb” had switched on inside my head. I am a firm believer in going with one’s gut, and my gut was telling me that this is my life’s goal. I want to wake up with a smile on my face every single day, and when people ask me what I do for a living, I’ll tell them, “I make magic.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter