What made me happy/ smile today thread

Home. City. Rum and cokes. ;)

I'm away with a family member and not downtown at home. So just being home and out and about, in my neighbourhood for a little bit, made me deliriously happy today.

My DD called (she lives in Orlando and we're sadly in Chicago area)and we spent over an hour on the phone :thumbsup2,,,THEN a box arrived full of Easter goodies from her :goodvibes:worship::woohoo: and my DSis planning a road trip to CO in his jeep that he just finished lifting (THAT was a project) he's SO excited, I was smiling the whole time he was sharing his plans. Then when DH got home he decided he wanted to grill the salmon for dinner, so I didn't have to cook it! Awww-yeeaahhhh, it's been a GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD Friday!

Getting out of work 2 hours early for the "holiday" weekend

My dog running, yelping, jumping straight up, then continuing like nothing happened. I laughed so hard I ended in a coughing fit.

Getting a good deal shopping

Checked my phone when I woke up and had a text from my college Freshman son. He sent it at midnight. It said "I finished the permutations program! Now only the Huffman Program to go for CS!"
He's majoring in Computer Science. I never have a clue as to what he's talking about, but It always makes me smile! I'm thrilled he wants to tell me!

Worked on some Boy Scout records and discovered that it WILL be possible for one of our boys to make Eagle if he keeps his nose to the grindstone! We were afraid he might age out. It will be tight, but its possile.

Had an unexpected visit from dd#1 and dgd, even though we will see them tomorrow, and I saw them yesterday for a few minutes.
They had been at the boardwalk and dgd's face and hands were blue from the cotton candy she had been eating.:)

DD is walking!! She took her first steps last week, but as of friday she's really getting the hang of it! I am a proud mama!! :)

my crazy mom & crazy aunt thinking we could play croquet on a hill, we did & it was challenging but tons of fun.

My 5 year old niece got a wiffle-ball set in her Easter basket, and after we hunted for eggs, my DH and I and my sis-in-law and mother-in-law and father-in-law took her and her 9 year old sister and my DD10 all out in the sunshine to play ball.

The grown ups took turns playing pitcher and catcher and coaching the little ones (my DD is playing softball this spring and is the only one who has ever batted a ball) on how to hold the bat and swing it. And we had to play rock-paper-scissors to see who would go get the wiffle-ball out of the freshly-tilled garden when the kids would hit it in there.

My arm may be sore tomorrow, but it was fun. :)

DS9 made a Flipogram video of each item in his Easter basket and made up a song to go with it and posted it to his Instagram. It was so funny. :rotfl2:

Well, this actually happened Friday.

We bought my parents' 2010 Sonata, it has 26,000 miles on it and they sold it to me for what they owe... $7,500. :yay: (the dealership wasn't going to give them anymore on it for trade in)

We knew we would be needing a vehicle soon, and really wasn't sure what we wanted, but I couldn't turn down this deal. My current vehicle is a 2004 Xterra, so it is nice to have a (kind of ) new vehicle. It looks new, my parents kept it in excellent condition.

Hopefully, we can keep it in good condition and DS can have it when he starts driving in 3-1/2 yrs. Then I can buy, whatever I want.

Lazy Sunday to do nothing at all its almost been a month since I had a totally lazy day.:)

My newly turned 7 year old lost one of her front teeth today and is excited. The tooth fairy comes tonight!

Our neighborhood pool opened up yesterday and it was a great nothing planned day today so we got to hang out by the pool and relax. Our twins always have a lot of fun splashing and swimming.

Today was a great day...
Caught a bunch of fish (before the trolling motor broke ;) )

Then DS brought his longtime Girlfriend over...every visit with this girl makes me hope he "pops the question" soon :rolleyes1:bride::banana:

It was so simple a cool breezy sunny day After 2 horrendous days of non-stop rain and smelly stinky dogs Such a joy to throw them out and sit outside too

Went to church with DH, then we had lunch. Came home and took a nap and went to see my Mom & Dad. We sat on the front porch & talked and laughed. DS got home from his weekend fire training. It was a good day.

DD was officially confirmed in church this morning. I smiled hearing her described as such a very kind person and so sweet. I looked over and DH was getting a little teary. That's huge because I am usually the sappy one and tearing up at any moment.

I didn't get to post this yesterday, but my "good thing" was that DH &I got to sing Mozart's Requiem last night, w/full orchestra. DH has struggled to sing because of his breathing issues so it was just a blessing from God that he was able to do this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter