What kind of weather for late September?

hthrbells

DIS Veteran
Hey guys we are planning a trip Sept and I was wondering what kind of weather we should expect. I have two DS's who are 5 and 3. Is one of those mister fans a good idea? Any other tips for this time of year? Thanks!!!

HOT and HUMID! IMO, very uncomfortable. Despite that, we are going in Sept. too (and have been there before). Lower crowd levels make it worth braving the heat. Be sure to drink a lot of water and take advantage of airconditioned attractions. We also hit the parks early and leave by about 2pm. We go back to the hotel, swim, nap, and shower for dinner.

Honestly, I don't think the mister fan is worth it. It's so humid that the water just sits on your skin. Be sure to use lots of sunscreen and reapply frequently. Hats are a must too, especially for little ones. We also bring a change of clothes for each child. That way if they get wet (one a ride or in those areas where the water squirts out of the ground), we have dry clothes to change into. The wet clothes would be we all day in the humidity.

Bottom line: keep hydrated and cool off often. The heat can sneak up on you fast!

Have fun!

Fogot to add this: Bring flip flops for the kids to wear on water rides (i.e. Splash Mountain) and in the play areas with water (Donald's boat, the splash area in Epcot, etc.).

We usually go in September for 10 days and we find that there are always a few days that are so hot that we use the mister fan. Your children will be young enough that they will enjoy having a mister fan with them in their stroller.

September is hot, but we don't find it unbearable at all. We brought a mister fan one year, but our son didn't really want to use it. It basically hung on the stroller the whole time. Make sure to bring lots of water into the parks so the kids stay hydrated. We order a case of water from Garden Grocer and have it delivered to the WL. We bring water into the parks with us and I make sure to refill my son's sippy cup throughout the day so he stays hydrated. Anyway, we love September and always go to WDW then. Hot enough to swim and low crowds. Have fun.

A friend of mine says it's "surface of the sun hot," but we're 99% sure we're going anyway (September 27-October 2, maybe a little longer) . We'll just spend more time at the resort/pool. This will be DS's 3rd trip since last May, so there's no pressure to get everything in, especially since we now know we will more than likely go annually.

Very hot and humid, and often rainy (it's hurricane season!). That said, we always go during this timeframe due to the Food and Wine Festival!

I use a mini-mister-fan (found it at Walmart) which I love. This next trip, I'm also going to bring a bandana to put around my neck (wet), and some ice in a ziploc bag. Take indoor breaks whenever possible (go into the shops, into a restaurant, or into an indoor attraction to cool off).

I find that if I go back to my hotel mid-day, take a quick shower, and change my clothes, it's very refreshing (I hate sweaty clothes!). If you have the time, you can also take a quick dip at the pool mid-afternoon to cool off.

Drink tons of water - it's very easy to get dehydrated before you realize it.

Thanks guys:thumbsup2 OK now with it being so hot do you bring a lot of extra clothes? I love the tip about the bandanna, sounds great for my 5 year old DS who overheats at the drop of a pin!! Me too for that matter!! Any other tips for that time of year?

Thanks so much!!!

We bring at least two outfits for each day. One for the parks and one for dinner. We actually do wear all of them too! Thankfully, the kids clothes are small and I pack sundresses for dinner so they don't take up a lot of space.

We went last Sept late and early Oct. Still very hot and humid. It didn't rain. Needed lots of water to drink.
Debbie

We are also going this time frame, early Oct. We are not looking forward to the heat, but the deal for free dining made us book then! I wouldn't have thought to bring 2 outfits/day,thanks for that tip. I imagine by mid-late afternoon that you're ready for something new to put on.
Carrie

How are the park hours? Since it is a slower time of year do they open later and close earlier?

It is hot and humid! We went September 20-28 of last year, and it was what we're used to being from Alabama. I notice you're from Connecticut, which is where my DH grew up. We still spend a lot of summers there, and the humidity is nothing like it is down south. (Which is why we spend a lot of summers there! :))

I would suggest bringing two sets of clothes per day, especially if you don't plan to bring laundry. We would take a mid-day break and go back to the resort to cool off and take showers. If I were you, I would also bring misters for the park and drink lots of water.

Hope you have a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter