• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What kind of shoes do your teen girls wear at parks?

I'm in my 20s, but I have worn Rainbows daily on every Disney trip. Heck, I wore them daily when I was in Europe with my friends in college. My feet never hurt. I think she'll be fine wearing them.

My 16yo alternates her days between Chacos and Nike Free Runners. She brings flops to wear around the resort, but needs more arch support for commando theme park days. She never minds having on "real shoes" as much as I do, because she is so used to having heavy socks and cleats on for long days of softball. Anything lighter than that feels great to her! I always wish I could handle flops all day, because I miss the airflow, but I wouldn't be able to walk after 5-10 mile days with no support. Getting old sucks!

Last June my 16 yr. old wore croc flip flops or mary jane crocs. She hates the look of the mary janes but says they are really comfortable and will only wear them to WDW ( not at home). My 12 yr. old wears regular crocs.

I wore mostly just pumps. My feet surprisingly didn't hurt after a long day. The one day I wore sandals I got blisters and walked around limping the rest of the day. Not pleasant.

I like wearing comfy sandals so long as they look okay too! Wearing in flip flops is a must if taking them to wear at WDW!!! :)

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I am a huge fan of Merrell shoes. Offer great support and they make very cute sandals. A lot of their shoes are made to get wet and dry very quickly. I can wear them all day and feel very comfy in them. I have bone spurs on both heels and am prone to plantar fasciitis... Merrells don't aggravate that condition at all for me. They are worth a look! If you have an outlet store near you, you can find great deals on them!

My teen girls wear either Teva flip-flops (and so do I) or Toms. I figure they're younger and skinnier and can get away with something other than tennis shoes. And I gave up fighting with them about park shoes. No complaints or issues so far.

I wore my toms! I wear them at all times though ad walk 2 miles a day in them. I figured they'd be my best bet and they were!

Yep, I don't own tennis shoes per se. I wear Sanuks, either my yoga mat flip flops, or my loafer style Sanuk shoes. I used to wear crocs on occasion but the nubby stuff rubbed my feet after awhile, plus in rain they got SUPER slippery.

LOVE, love, love, Sanuks. Yoga are my favorite. I live in them. Wore all of them last week but my silver pair are my favorite :goodvibes. DD 16 wears flat sandals, flip flops and Toms. Whatever looks the cutest. She will give up comfort for fashion :cutie:

I'm with your daughter on this, I detest wearing tennis shoes. Even Converse are a stretch for me, but that's what i usually resort to. Since Converse's shoes have little arch support, i usually put orthopedics in to make them more comfortable for walking around (I know, i know, it's dorky, but my feet always feel better if i do).

My 9 year old and I wear our yellow box flip flops all day every day on our week-long WDW trips. SO much more comfortable - IMO - than tennis shoes/socks because my feet get a chance to breathe. Even in December - which is when we visit - this is what we wear. You'll see me bundled up in jeans, long sleeved shirt, sweatshirt ... and flip flops.

For those talking about Converse ... my husband lives in converse all day every day. It's all he will wear. He's a professor - and he even has all black converse as his "dress shoes". He wears those all day/night at WDW on our week long trips and has no problems at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter