What kind of shoes do you wear?

We averaged about 16-18K steps a day last year (my FitBit kept track) and though I started off the week in sneakers, I also brought my Reefs (an older version of the Slap 3 type) which I personally preferred. I was initially reluctant to wear the flip flops b/c I thought it might cause problems with all that walking, but it didn't cause any problems at all.

I was at WDW for a whole week in July and most days I was wearing a sundress with Spank (super light model) biker shorts or used glide. For shoes, I wore my Clark flip flops all ever day without any problem. My feet were not even hurting at the end of the day.

We wear good sneakers in the parks. We're both heavier than we should be and find we are uncomfortable in other shoes for long periods. I'm the type of person who would wear the sneakers with my dresses, if I wore dresses to the parks. :)

Jockey slip shorts under dresses are amazing. They look like Spanx, but they are not constricting in any sense. They make a pair specifically for warmer weather.

Good sandals for me. I stopped wearing sneakers when they would get wet on water rides or during Florida's sprinkles and were uncomfortable for the rest of the day.

I've tried it all, and the one thing that I learned is this: switch shoes. Bring two or three pairs of supportive, comfortable, worn-in shoes, and rotate them. I *hate* wearing tennis shoes. Too hot, too sweaty and clunky. But found that if I wore them during the cooler part of the day then switched to supportive sandals during the warmer, it was perfect. Plus, I didn't get those "hot" spots you can get from walking long distances, my muscles hurt less (not sure why... maybe because the different shoes put stress on different muscles, so the "abuse" was less constant on one area?), and in general I just felt way better after starting to do that.

Though it's easier for me since we take room breaks midafternoon. But even if you just switch out from one day to the next, it helps.

For our November trip, I will be taking my Nike tennis shoes, my Skechers GoWalks, and some Fit Flops.

I have a firm no Crocs policy, but just looked at some of the ballet flats and some are REALLY cute! Thanks ya'll! :)

I bring multiple pairs and alternate between my Brooks and my Reefs. I think I'm going to try the Sketchers Go Walks too.

I wear a lot of maxi dresses at Disney and skorts. If I was wearing a shorter dress I would absolutely use bike shorts underneath because some of the rides will make wearing a shorter dress "indecent". As for footwear if it's not raining I wear my teva flip flops and they keep my feet comfy all day long! If it's raining I switch to the teva's with straps as the flip flops will flip flop right off your feet. Also crocs are great in dry weather but really dangerous if it's raining as they are super slippery in the rain. I can't tell you how many people I've seen get hurt at EPCOT especially because the walkways are slippery when wet. My kids have also sustained injury so I only let them wear them on dry days. Keens are also a great alternative as are reef flip flops as like the tevas they use a cloth like material for between the toes so no blisters and chaffing, plus the soles a squishy and mold to your feet!

Do you wear sketchers go walks with or without socks? I'm a flip-flop kind of girl but I know for Disney I should get a proper pair of shoes. I feel like I would look super nerdy with socks and the shoes on. I know Disney is not a fashion show but I want to feel comfortable and like myself.

Do you wear sketchers go walks with or without socks? I'm a flip-flop kind of girl but I know for Disney I should get a proper pair of shoes. I feel like I would look super nerdy with socks and the shoes on. I know Disney is not a fashion show but I want to feel comfortable and like myself.

I wore them with socks like these https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00L...ow+footies&dpPl=1&dpID=41kMDF2lT7L&ref=plSrch
My mom had the same Go Walks as me at Disney and wore them without anything. Just depends on what you're more comfortable wearing :)

I wear my cheap old navy flip flops and that's good enough for me. My husband is more of a sneaker guy and our daughter has a variety of shoes but being just shy of 2 she's not going to be walking as much as us.

I wear Tom's, Birkenstocks and occasionally my Brooks. I personally hate sneakers, though... I agree with changing up your shoes. I think it's more important to have a variety than to have one good pair. It seems any shoe occasionally rubs or hurts and changing it seems to switch pressure points.

Cros Flip Flops or Sandles - i bought some mickey ones in epcot last year becuase i had BLISTERS and wore them almost a year - but they cost almost $80.00 - i went to famous footwear and got two pairs of $65.00 - so i plan to purchase a couple pairs for vacation and it will be cheaper than at disney but still comfortable

Was in the shoe market myself, so with this thread I went and did some shopping today. Sketchers Go Walks 3 won hands down...seriously comfortable shoes! Even over a big variety of much more expensive options and some of the options listed here. I couldn't believe how comfy they were. I am looking forward to wearing them to work now too (I got an all-black pair and we're a pretty casual workplace).

On the sock question though - they advertise they are stink-resistant but are they really? I am thinking I should get the little socks with them just to be sure. Do they breathe much?

For a full day of walking, I love Sketchers Go walk or Easy Spirit or naturalizer shoes. I also am in love with the pair of crocs sandals I bought at Marshall's recently, they have a foam crocs sole but the top of the sandals is inter-woven elastic straps, they are a nice complement to a semi-dressy outfit but I can wear them out to play in the yard with the kids too. Thing is, I have high arches and crocs tend to make my feet tired if I wear them too long so I couldn't wear them in the parks, but plenty of people do and they are comfy until the foot fatigue sets in.

Was in the shoe market myself, so with this thread I went and did some shopping today. Sketchers Go Walks 3 won hands down...seriously comfortable shoes! Even over a big variety of much more expensive options and some of the options listed here. I couldn't believe how comfy they were. I am looking forward to wearing them to work now too (I got an all-black pair and we're a pretty casual workplace).

On the sock question though - they advertise they are stink-resistant but are they really? I am thinking I should get the little socks with them just to be sure. Do they breathe much?

I love the 3s too!!! Those little pillars on the bottom really put a spring in your step! The rubber is very soft though, and the soles wear out quickly. Just a word of warning.

Oh, and I don't think the sketchers are very breathable. I have a pair that I've been wearing without socks for 6 months or so and i noticed a couple weeks ago that my feet stunk after wearing them for a couple hours. Mostly they're my kick around the house shoes, but I've been wearing them outside lately for longer periods and now they're smelly. Sketchers advertises that they're washable, but I wear through myshoes so fast that I haven't tried to wash them yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter