what kind of shoes do you wear in the rain?

lh193

Earning My Ears
Does anybody have any good ideas about what kind of comfortable shoes to wear during rainstorms? Sounds like it's going to be hot and wet when we go to WDW. The comfortable shoes that I bought months ago and have already broken in are unfortunately made of a nubuck leather, which would probably be ruined in the pouring rain. Would leather sneakers be a better bet? I remember some people saying that it would get too hot wearing big clunky sneakers. Advice please!

Also I noticed ponchos mentioned a lot on this board. Has anybody ever bought a rain suit combo (long jacket, rain pants) or is that overkill? Not sure how long/intense rain storms are in Fl. Thanks for your help.

There are many reasons I love my Tevas, but rain is right there at the top of the list. They were originally made for water rafting so Disney is a piece of cake,especially if it is warm.It is really all I wear while I am there.

Same type of shoes I wear nearly every day ... a pair of well-broken-in tennis shoes, or hiking boots.

As to rain gear, well, the company-provided raingear for CMs includes both pants and a jacket. I usually only wear the jacket, haven't worn the pants yet.

Tevas for us. Last trip I bought a pair for my DH. I had worn them before. My DH couldn't believe how great his feet felt at the end of those long days and they're made for water so rain is no problem.

I wore my running shoes in the monsoon we encountered last February in Universal. It took 3 days for them to dry out. I'm seriously considering looking for a pair of Tevas before we go in April, just because of the rain (and hoping they sell sandals that early around here). Sandals are great, and I love my flipflops, but they have no traction on wet ground. And yes, I know from experience.

We got caught in the rain at MGM and everyday I had been wearing my Merrell sandals (like tevas) except this day I was wearing my runners. I put them through 3 cycles in the dryer and they were still wet. I couldn't wear them the rest of the trip as wet runners are horribly uncomfortable.
I hear Birks dry really well although they get a little stinky when wet.

Sport sandals all the way; no one in this family has worn sneakers at WDW for at least 10 yrs. When we did DL in cold weather, we wore our Merrell Jungle Mocs.

I wear either chaco's (like them a thousand times better then Teva's) or Keen's, or Gortex running shoes. As for rain gear I can't stand pancho's you get just as wet due to the non breathable nature so I go with a gortex jacket, but a cheaper version of water resistant breathable fabric works just great.

Because of the endorsements that I read here, i have ordered a pair of Tevas from ebay, only 32 dollars! I hope they fit!! LOL...... :D

Teva-like sandals, made of rubber or plastic parts, but that are comfy-nothing made of cloth or good leather that might get ruined. Sometimes Florida rain is harsh but rarely becomes an all-day thing, at least in my experience. Usually, we work our way thru the rides that we can in the rain, and inevitably, it will clear up. A rain poncho will probably get you thru ok, some people like umbrellas but I don't like hauling them around all day.

I am going to wear my sneakers and bring a second pair as well. I have bad feet and large feet for a woman, and I can not wear alot of types of sandles because they do not have enough support. Try footsource.com for your Tevas. They have them year round, plus other types of sandles/shoes. :flower1:

I second phanomouse's recommendation of Keen sandals. They are awesome! I have just purchased my sixth pair of Keen footwear, and every pair is extremely comfortable right out of the box.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter