What kind of ride is rise of the resistance?

It's 3 rides in one. Not to spoil so I'll put it in a spoiler tag

Star Tours>Trackless motion ride like Mickey and Minnie's Train at Hollywood Studios or Remy's in Epcot>Guardians or Tower of Terror drop ride.

1. Walk through queuing area
  2. Stand for a 3 minute hologram presentation
  3. Walk a few feet to a transportation vehicle, stand for a 5 minute transportation
  4. Walk out of transport vehicle and walk to main ride vehicle loading area
  5. Stand for maybe 2 or 3 minutes at main ride vehicle loading area
  6. Walk into main ride vehicle holding area, stand for a 3 minute hologram presentation
  7. Walk to main ride vehicle which is trackless
  8. Main ride vehicle moves around various rooms and areas, which have screens and life sized props. The ride vehicle parks in an area where there is a short Star Tours Simulator type experience and then a small drop like an elevator.
  9. The ride ends at a different location to where you boarded

We described it as being a character in a short Star Wars movie. It's really more of an attraction with a ride in it. We really enjoyed it.

Does it give you vertigo or affect dizziness like some simulators? I have Menieres disease but I’d love to try this. I can do Soarin’ just fine, but not Star Tours so much anymore. Couldn’t do Harry Potter at USH.

Any feedback appreciated.

Does it give you vertigo or affect dizziness like some simulators? I have Menieres disease but I’d love to try this. I can do Soarin’ just fine, but not Star Tours so much anymore. Couldn’t do Harry Potter at USH.

Sorry don’t have that answer but the finale is short and in my opinion much tamer than Star Tours. The initial feel is like being at the top of Astro Orbiter when you drop it downward.

I think you would be okay with Rise. It’s nowhere near as motion-y as Star Tours. The drop is fairly mild, just surprising the first time because you’re not expecting it. And the motion simulator part everyone is standing, so it’s mild enough that it’s safe to stand. It is a ride, but it’s really more of an immersive experience than anything else. It’s meant to really make you feel like you are in a Star Wars movie and succeeds, but I’ve never heard of anyone feeling sick during or afterwards.

I had two people in my party that get very dizzy and sick (my husband once threw up on Star Tours) and they were both fine on the ride. They don’t have inner ear / vertigo issues, so your situation might be different, but the tech is much better than the older simulator rides. We really loved this ride. And I can’t stand Star Wars..

I get vertigo and have trouble with some rides (got very dizzy on Millennium Falcon when I was pilot). My son also gets motion sickness and had a hard time with Star Tours his first ride.

Neither of us had any trouble with Rise.

I can NOT do sceen rides. I get horribly sick. I won't step foot on star tours or smugglers. I am fine on Rise of the resistance. The screen part is so short, about 14 seconds, that it doesn't have time to make me sick. It's an amazing ride. I'd probably risk it even if it did make me sick.

If you have concerns, maybe leave it as the absolute last thing of the day, so if you are not feeling well, you can go right back to the hotel and recover before the the next day. I love the ride. I think it's next level amazing, and worth trying at least once. There is a simulator element, but it's fairly short. If you can do Soarin' and are okay with physical drops, you may be able to handle this ride.

Thanks so much for all the feedback..I’m excited now! I had pretty much written it off and that made me sad but now I can’t wait to go on it. Hoping for a summer or before Christmas trip.

Now, if CandyCane would just open…lol

I'll echo the above. DW can sometimes handle Star Tours and opts out of things that are overly bumpy. She's not even a big fan of the downward slide toward the beginning of Pirates.

She absolutely loved Rise and can't wait to go again next time.

I'll echo the above. DW can sometimes handle Star Tours and opts out of things that are overly bumpy. She's not even a big fan of the downward slide toward the beginning of Pirates.
She absolutely loved Rise and can't wait to go again next time.

Not the OP, but thank you for this comparison. I've got a kid who also isn't a fan of the slide on Pirates, but I've been hoping she'll like Rise when we finally get to give it a try. Helpful to hear that you someone with a similar aversion enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter