What kind of face wash do you use and how much do you spend?

DawnM

DIS Veteran
I have been using soap lately because I have run out of stuff.

I have quite dry skin so I don't want something drying.

But it needs to really clean AND be lower budget, no cosmetic counter stuff right now.

Thanks,

Dawn

i don't remember how much it costs - all you need is a little bit. Also sometimes they have buy one get one 1/2 off! They have for all different facial types and its not perfumy!

lisa

I use Liquid Crystal from Origins ($17) for sensitive skin. It is oil based with safflower and grapeseed oils. It lasts me a long time, maybe 6 months.

I use Clean & Clear Daily Pore Cleanser that I buy at Wal-Mart for $4.86. I use that all over my face, but I have cystic acne on my chin. For that, I use Acne Free Step 1 cleanser that I pay $18.98 for the set also at Wal-Mart. I only use the Acne Free on my chin though.

I also have really dry skin so I have to be careful what I use. :)

Cetaphil cleaner and witch hazel as toner...Walmart has a generic version of the cetaphil, about $4, and the witch hazel is usually about $1

It varies depending on whats on sale but right now Garnier Nutritioniste. Got a great deal at CVS between being on sale, having a coupon and getting Extra Bucks back. Before that it was St. Ives - another great CVS deal.

I buy whatever I can get free at CVS.

I stocked up on Clearasil scrub back in October. I'm on my last bottle, so I got some Biore scrub last week with an Extra Care Buck deal. I think next month looks good for Face cleansers and moisturizers at CVS. They are going to have several brands, Spend $15 get $5 ECB back (I think its Garnier Nutritioniste, L'Oreal Sublime, Dove Pro Age (I think there is face cleaser for this line, but not sure yet), Clean & Clear, Nivea (not sure what they have with this brand).

Maggie

I have extremely sensitive skin and it's also very dry. My dr. recommended Cetaphil, both the cleanser and moisturizer. It's one of the only cleansers my skin doesn't react to.

My son also uses their body cleanser because he has eczema. It really seems to help a lot.

FWIW, I've tried the generics of Cetaphil from Target and Walmart, and they don't seem to work as well for me as the real thing. It's not all that expensive, and you can often get it on sale at Walgreen's, too. :)

This is very economical - you can often find large bottles at the warehouse clubs (Costco...) It is often recomended by doctors as it is gentle. I've tried others, including expensive name brands, and find this really does work the best for sensitive skin.

Good old fashioned Noxzema to wash my face, then moisturize with Burt's Bees. I have a lot of allergies so I try to keep my beauty regime simple. Simple works, though. :thumbsup2

Ivory...follow up with oil of olay cream. Gets it really squeaky clean! I have used this all my life.

I use Neutrogena Deep Clean Self-foaming pads. I use them on my face and then other aeas in the shower. They have really helped clear up some problem areas on my skin and I don't find them to be drying at all. I get a ~30 pack for less than $5 at Target.

I use Neutrogena Deep Clean Self-foaming pads. I use them on my face and then other aeas in the shower. They have really helped clear up some problem areas on my skin and I don't find them to be drying at all. I get a ~30 pack for less than $5 at Target.

I'll have to give that a try. Right now I use Liquid Neutrogena facial cleaning formula.

I have had it for so long, I can't remember how much I paid for it. A little goes a long way.

I use the neutrogena clear pore cleanser/mask it's about 7 dollars. I tried the cethapil stuff but it made me break out more and didn't work at all for my skin!

I started using the Borghese cosmetic line offered through Costco and I've been really happy with the skin care products. They have a cleanser, serum, moisturizers for day and night, and an eye cream. The products are very ecomonical for being a name brand that you would normally have to buy at a high-end department store.

I have been using Olay's foaming face wash. It is about $3.50 -$4.00 at Wal-Mart.

I also tried the Target equivalent of Cetaphil, and really liked that as well. It doesn't foam though, and I have a thing for foaming face wash :yay:

A friend suggested that I try Ivory, but I was shocked when the 99.9% pure soap made my face break out horribly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter