What kind of commute is acceptable to you?

What is the maximum you're willing to commute one way for a job? (Daily)

• Less than 30 minutes

• 30-60 minutes

• 60-90 minutes

• 90-120 minutes

• Over 120 minutes

• Other, there's always an other.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Living in a CT suburb of NYC, 90 mins door to door is not uncommon. Drive to the train station, train to Grand Central, subway to the office. It's not desirable but many people do it (and I did, before becoming a SAHM. My husband still does.)

I voted 30-60 minutes because that's how long it takes to get downtown from my home in rush hour. A shorter commute, obviously, is desirable, but many jobs are downtown. And if there were no jobs within 30-60 minutes of here, my answer would probably be different, too.

I live in a rural area so for 6 years I did 45 minutes each way. Now it's 5 mintues with traffic and I won't do 45 minutes again unless it's absolutely the last resort.

While I'd love to have under 30 minutes, a realistic expectation is more like 30-60 minutes on a typical day.

For my job and salary, 60-90 minutes is acceptable. For much less money, it would not be.

I guess 60 minutes since that is what I do each way daily. Would love a shorter commute tho.

It depends on the area. I put under 30 because that is what is acceptable for where I live. When I lived in a larger metropolitan area, 30-60 would have been acceptable by my standards.

Interesting so far. I have an interview for a job that's located in Orlando, so it's an hour without traffic. My Mom & Husband think it's too far. I don't think it's that ridiculous. So far I'm in the minority it looks like.

I'd love to find a job closer, but Orlando is a bigger city than Melbourne, which of course means there's more opportunities there.

We live on Long Island and my husband works in Queens and Manhattan, depending on the day.

He leaves early in the morning, so he can make it to the office in 45 minutes or so.

The afternoon/evening is another story....usually 75 to 90 minutes. Throw in an accident/bad weather and weird traffic nightmare and it has been as long as 3 hours!

It depends if you mean driving or train. I used to commute to the city 45 minute train then 15 minute subway. That was ok didn't bother me I could keep myself entertained on the ride. After 9/11 company moved to NJ still the same commute time but had to drive that bothered me could get caught in traffic or accidents that added 30-60 minutes. Did that for a month then started working from home 3 days a week. I don't mind that commute twice a week but that's enough for me.

I would love to have a shorter commute, but my commute is about 90 minutes (one way). I drive to a train station and then commute on the train to work. I used to only have a 5 minute commute, but then I fell in love with DW and we got married. Couldn't afford a house in the city we used to live in (but I still work in), so we bought a house in a different city that was more affordable.

DW's commute is about 50 minutes (one way). She also takes the train.

My door to my job is about 15 mins each way, a little more in the winter if the roads are crappy.

Mind you I live on the complete opposite side of town from my job. It is just that small of a town. My commute couldn't be any longer unless I were to work in a totally different town, and even then about 45 minutes is about the max it could be unless I left the valley.

I'd have to make a LOT more money than I do now to consider any longer of a commute, especially since we have NO public transportation available to us.

It depends on the income from the job and the cost of the commute.

Interesting so far. I have an interview for a job that's located in Orlando, so it's an hour without traffic. My Mom & Husband think it's too far. I don't think it's that ridiculous. So far I'm in the minority it looks like.

I'd love to find a job closer, but Orlando is a bigger city than Melbourne, which of course means there's more opportunities there.

Love Melbourne - lived there for a while about 13 years ago. It would be really hard for me to leave it and completely move to Orlando if I got a job there, so I'd probably make the commute too.

But I'd try really hard not to have to - it is a LONG drive.

It takes me 20 minutes to drive to work and around 45 minutes to drive home. I usually leave for work at 5:40, so I miss most of the rush hour traffic in the morning. Coming home I'm at the start of rush hour. I can deal with an hour commute

Love Melbourne - lived there for a while about 13 years ago. It would be really hard for me to leave it and completely move to Orlando if I got a job there, so I'd probably make the commute too.

But I'd try really hard not to have to - it is a LONG drive.

We live on the northern end, the line between Melbourne and Rockledge is within a half mile.

My husband works in Palm Bay (which is South), a 30 minute commute for him. And we just moved into this house, so we're definitely not moving!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter