What kind of changes would you like to see on the Fantasy?

I don't think it will happend but I would like to see better separation between the kid and adult areas. Primarily the forward elevators.

My biggest disappointment on the Dream/Fantasy is that there are no TABLES in the shade where you can see Funnel Vision from. I love watching the movies on the pool deck, but prefer sitting at a table rather than a lounger....plus I need shade. The Magic & Wonder have the perfect set up for me. I can sit and watch a movie while enjoying my food/beverage, and not melt in the sun.

If there, I don't know what it is...but I'm 6'2" as well and I've ridden it no problem.

DH is 6'4" and he had no problems riding it.

I totally agree with the cutting through Cabana's. We stayed in an aft room last week, and were constantly having to dodge people and plates trying to get back to our room. Cabana's is already chaotic at peak meal times - it would definitely help to have a better traffic flow through there.

Other than that though, I thought things were great!

People said most of mine - a different path for the kids to cut through from the front elevator to the main deck without going thorough the adult area. "real" hot tubs instead of luke-warm water filled areas, I like the idea of a shaded area to see the funnel vision. A shade over the stairs to the aquaduct - or something to change the stairs so they don't burn the soles off my feet and leave me screaming in pain.

I would also like to see some mid-ship drink station (maybe around Deck 5?) so you don't have to go all the way up to deck to get a refill.

My DS wanted me to add one:
That kids should be allowed to stand at the front of the ship (he loves his "I'm the King of the World" moments on the ships). He was not happy when I told him they made that an adults-only area on the Fantasy.

But I said that adults probably really like that area now (shhh - don't tell him I plan on sneaking away and checking it out myself next month) and there aren't many adults only places.

So he compromised and said kids should be allowed up there during sail-away :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Would love the "adult kiddie pool" that is actually in the adult area to be for adults only. It's just strange to have a kiddie pool so far away from the family pool and in the upper adult area.
Plus, it's my favorite pool to hang out in-just the right size pool with just the right height water to sip and stay cool....(I have 10 grandchildren, so I harbor no ill will against children-it's just an awkward not well planned place for a pool for kiddies):upsidedow

Hot tubs on satellite falls.

YES!! At first I was thinking there is nothing I did not like and or would change ...but this is a GREAT idea...

btw..personally I like leaving the pool by Cabanas area...lol makes sure you don't forget your ice cream on the way out :rolleyes1 ...um, I mean fresh fruit plate!

jetskigrl said:
My DS wanted me to add one:
That kids should be allowed to stand at the front of the ship (he loves his "I'm the King of the World" moments on the ships). He was not happy when I told him they made that an adults-only area on the Fantasy.

But I said that adults probably really like that area now (shhh - don't tell him I plan on sneaking away and checking it out myself next month) and there aren't many adults only places.

So he compromised and said kids should be allowed up there during sail-away :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I agree. I said the same thing about that during the Maiden. From what GS told me the ship knows its an issue but the ship wasn't sure what to do about it. ( the impression i got was that it wasn't really enforced while arriving or departing) I can easily see where say from 30 minutes prior to arrival to say 30 minutes after any port departure is open. During all other times its adults only.
Most of what I was going g to suggest has already been said. The Cabanas elevator forward elevator pools etc.

I would like to see are some type of behind the scene tours.

I would agree with the larger adult only pool. I also didn't love that the forward elevators and stairs meant kids were coming through the adult only area, but most parents were really good about getting their kids through that area quickly as to not be a distraction.

What I did have a big problem with was the parents who allowed their kids to be in the adult only area and the pools, yet nothing was said to them. But that's neither here nor there, as that's not the ship's fault.

Agreed!

Yeah, I'll go to Cove and get my coffee rather than that brown stuff.

What did you think of the coffee at WDW? I was stunned and amazed actually. I thought maybe it was so good because it was at the pastrie shop at HS, but i was informed that that was the regular coffee served at the parks! My comment to her was "Someone definitely knows their coffee!"

But it was NOT the same as what they serve on the ships... could be because it's not pay per cup like it is the parks...but then with what we pay to get ON the ship, it might as well be!

HINT HINT DCL... give us the park coffee!!!
:coffee:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter