what kind of bag or tote do you use?

Bumping! Just booked our first cruise :cool1::cool1: and wondering what bag to bring for when we are in port, esp. if we need to carry towels. Will we need to bring towels anywhere? We are going to be on the Magic 2/18-2/25/12 Western Caribbean.

My WDW bag is a Sherpani XO backpack and I think that will be perfect for when we don't need to haul towels around. Maybe I won't need more than that?

Any tips or advice would be appreciated - TIA! :goodvibes

We forgot to bring a bag for port so we wound up buying one on the cruise. (It was on special at the time, can't remember the price but it was a good deal at the time.) It fit everything perfectly! We put two large beach towels in there, several water bottles, etc. when we went to St. Thomas and St. Maarten...However, they ask you not to bring towels off the boat in CC if I remember correctly...:) I think I remember they handed them out once you got off at CC then you returned them before getting back on the ship.

I use a High Sierra water bag (similar to the one described here).

I will be useing a meduiam messager bag i bought through Disney shopping a few years back i got it to hall my personal DVD player around it's sad to sad no longer for sale. It has just enought pockets for everything a need. Also i will have a small suitecase with two days worth of clothing and my first dinner clothes .:cool1:

We are in the backpack bunch. We have several that we use, but for the most part we use the same one as a carry on for the plane, excursion packing, and all around junk hauling.

Another backpack user. I use the same packpack from LL Bean as a carry-on while flying and for shore excursions. Just large enough to hold a lightweight windbreaker or polarfleece (useful in Alaska), travel umbrella, perhaps a snack, and other incidentals I might need, and room to put the odd souvenir.

Just bumping to see if anyone has any other bags they recommend. I really like that baggallini bag mentioned above and I am thinking of getting it. It looks like it would hold all the essentials for two toddlers. ;)

I think bags are so individual for each person. A "designated carrier" for a family of four with teenagers is going to be very different from a family with a babe-in-arms (big old diaper bag anyone?) is going to be different for a couple with no kids. Someone into photography (I need my lenses!) is going to be different than someone into scrapbooking (where to tuck all those little scraps of paper and souvenirs to keep them safe). And so on...

So I think a little bag-user profile would be helpful!

I am married, no kids, 30-something who likes to travel as light as possible--especially in WDW which is SO HOT AND HUMID that hanging additional things on body can be downright uncomfortable. One requirement was also that it be neutral enough in its styling that my husband could carry it some of the time when I needed a break. I am not the designated carrier, I am a part-time carrier. ;)

So my go-to bag for WDW (and I used it on my cruise) is the Overland Equipment Placer:
http://www.ebags.com/product/overland-equipment/placer-shoulder-bag/140201?productid=10155764

It holds an insane amount for its small size. It could carry a point n' shoot camera, a cell phone (or wave phone on cruises), sunglasses, notepad with pen, my lanyard/small group of trading pins, a travel size sunscreen and lip balm, park maps/media, small purchases (such as shot glasses), a small bottled water, and the requisite cash and cards. And would still have room for a bit more if I needed it.

It was never bulging, never too heavy, easily tucked away as needed in a locker, or between my feet, or in a safety bin on a ride (like the netting compartment in the side of Space Mountain, or the center waterproof area on Kali River Rapids). Strap could be adjusted for cross body or shoulder, and even could go cross body on my big hubby. Win-win.

Here is me with it on deck on our Alaska cruise earlier this month. Turned out this was the only day I really used it on board, and only took it off the ship twice. I didn't need to carry much around the ship, and on our two excursions hubby was bringing a backpack with our rain jackets anyway. Our two non-excursion days it went with me to carry the vitals. You can see in this pic that instead of carrying a lanyard, I pin my traders onto the front flap--works great and cuts down on things hanging around my neck.

33enteringtracyarm07.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter