• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What kind of bag do you bring to the parks?

TandLMommy28 said:
I have a Vera hipster and the new version of the mini hipster.

On days we go back to the room mid-day, I'll go mini-hipster. On days we run from morning til night I will bring the full hipster (for extra batteries, sunscreen, etc).

Love Vera. Of course, I live three miles from Vera HQ so I'm incredibly biased. :)

Yeah someone else from Indiana!!! I am down a bit from you but have passed the plant on the way to one of our companies stores we have up there!!! Do you do the big sale at VB every year??? :)

disneycrazi said:
Yeah someone else from Indiana!!! I am down a bit from you but have passed the plant on the way to one of our companies stores we have up there!!! Do you do the big sale at VB every year??? :)

Would you believe I've never been? We home school so we take our spring break the week that everyone in Rhode Island has off rather than the week everyone here has and then we go visit my family while they are all on break. And it never fails, we are gone for the sale every single year! This year my daughter starts competitive dance which kinda locks us into the Indiana school schedule because she has competitions the rest of April. The upside is I'll get to go to the sale FINALLY!!!

Another vote for Vera bradley Hipster. I also have a Baggalini that I really like and it fits more than the hipster.

TandLMommy28 said:
Would you believe I've never been? We home school so we take our spring break the week that everyone in Rhode Island has off rather than the week everyone here has and then we go visit my family while they are all on break. And it never fails, we are gone for the sale every single year! This year my daughter starts competitive dance which kinda locks us into the Indiana school schedule because she has competitions the rest of April. The upside is I'll get to go to the sale FINALLY!!!

I moved here 3 years ago and have never been to the sale either. From what I hear it sounds as crazy as trying to get on Toy Story at HS when the park opens! Awesome for home schooling, my 3 oldest are grown and out of the house but have often wished to home school my 8 year old. I love my job though....i am a manager for Family Christian and its great but wonder about if I could give it up to home school.

We use a backpack for wallets, keys, cameras, etc. The non-valuables (sweatshirts, extra clothes, etc.) we keep in the stroller which we park for most of the day.

the last couple of times i went, i simply wore cargo pants and carried the bare necessities in the pockets. this time however, i am bringing a cross body bag that has a zillion pockets (i LOVE pockets!). it's big enough to put a bottle of sunscreen and a water bottle in, plus it has lots of zippered pockets for the little things like room keys, credit cards, phones, cameras, etc. i was a bit hesitant to spend $30 on it though since i am a mega cheapo. here's the link (i bought it in black):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013KIJWC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

i love this bag in my daily life, but i haven't worn it to disney yet. it will just be me and dh, so no kid stuff needed. plus, this bag isn't feminine, so my dh could wear it when i get tired of it. :thumbsup2

i have to agree with other posters that it is ridiculous (imo) to spend that much money on a bag (especially an itty bitty wristlet). all of my purses have lasted 10 years or so, and they are cheap ones from target or walmart. i'm definitely not into fashion, so that may have something to do with it. i'm more of the practical type. we all have our splurges though!

I am taking two bags on my trip to use, depending on the park day. I have a VB mini hipster which I love, it fits all the essentials without being bulky. Then about 5 years ago I bought a backpack from Crocs which they don't make anymore. It's the style with one strap that crosses your body so it's easy to carry, it's lightweight and not bulky.

I bring either one of those lightweight, sporty nylon sacks with the drawstring closures, or a belt bag. Either are great because they're lightweight, hold just what I need, and fit in rides easily without any fuss at all. The sport sack goes on the floor around my ankle if need be (but a lot of the times I keep it on and just sit against it as it's super thin and has no risk to come off), and the belt bag stays on as a belt would and just gets seatbelted in!

The sport sack costs like $10 or maybe even less at a local supply store, and they're great in the rain as they're waterproof. I've never had water get in the top near the drawstring closure, either. I have mine in light pink because it makes it super easy to spot stuff quickly, rather than in a darker interor. My belt bag is from Gucci and was quite a bit more, but I use it a lot and it has a good amount of safe compartments including a hidden pocket where I store money, room keys, cards, etc.

I have a 2 year old so I have to bring alot of stuff. I love my 31 backpack. It is big enough to fit everything we need and fits in the stroller nicely so that it can be accessed without removing the entire bag.

But its a Louis! I wouldn't pay that much either. Dooney & Bourke is the most expensive I go. Their purses hold up for forever. My oldest ones are over 10 years old. I'll pay $100 - 200 for a purse that lasts 10x as long as a Target purse.

I don't care if it is a Louis. Or a Sally. Or a Bob. I will not pay over $100 dollars for a purse! Especially one THAT small. My Target purses tend to hold up for a LONG time.

yeah that's no excuse. I've had one purse from Target for 7 years and it's still good as new. Just need a wash every now and again. People who spend big money because of the "designer name" are silly.

:thumbsup2

It is all about having the "name". I have never understood that. Especially since the costly ones are usually really, really ugly :scared1:

I like cross body bags. I have three different sizes depending on how many hours we're spending in the park. Each has a pocket that easily fits tickets & fastpasses so I don't have to take off a backpack vetch time we need a fastpass. Also, the cross body bags are small enough to fit in bag slots on rides, or what I usually do is just hold the bag close & pull the lap bar down to hold it down on my lap.

Convenient, not to heavy, easily accessible, & minimal fuss!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter