What items do you order from Amazon that most wouldn't normally think of?

dumplebugs

Mouseketeer
My sister recently told me that she has a friend that orders groceries from Amazon. Do any of you do this? How do you find the good deals on groceries as well as other household items?

I have bought cake decorating things (fondant for example) there, if I can't find the color I want at Michaels. Also bags of pasilla peppers or other peppers....try finding peppers in Jax, lol. ;)

I've also bought the freeze dried fruits. The price is better than at the store (and that's if I can find the ones is store at all!). They have the Disney versions as well, but I just get the regular ones.

Birthday party supplies--cheaper to buy some things in bulk. Like finger lights, Chinese finger traps, etc.

We almost bought coconut milk and coconut flour. You cannot get them within 10 miles from home, and DH needed them for a recipe. However, we found them at a Whole Foods close to DH's work.

I had toilet paper auto delivered for a while but they stopped carrying the size roll I wanted. I order all my hdmi cables from them, much cheaper.

I have cat food, shampoo, conditioner, razor blades and body wash on subscribe & save. I want to price out the TP & paper towels. I have ordered cat litter in the past.

We order diapers, Rock Star energy drinks, and Go Go Squeeze applesauce from Amazon through Subscribe and Save. We also always check Amazon for anything we need before buying in store because we have Prime. My husband often gets tools through them.

I check amazon for everything . I have bought cases of organic pumpkin on amazing prices , toilet paper, paper towels, oil of olay regenerist items , dog food , cat food, books , shoes, kitchen ware, toys, pet beds, pet toys .. you name it , I find it. You do have to be careful with prices, they change quickly .

My front loader washer broke twice. Ordered replacement parts on Amazon and machine was up and running in 2 days (prime member)! Faster and cheaper than hiring a service person!

Diapers, wipes, books, CDs, DVDs, kitchen sponges, baby food, pens, thank you cards, coffee, computer, OTC meds, kids clothes, games, a changing table, changing pad

I get my refrigerator water filters thru Amazon. Much less expensive than Lowes. I set up a price tracker w/ Lighting Drops (or other, there are many) to let me know when the price goes under a certain dollar amount. Then I get an email, and decide if I feel like buying it then or not. I have to buy the water filters twice a year. It's about $10 less thru Amazon than Lowes. It used to be sales tax free, but not anymore. I get a lot of other stuff like some food items, but I think the refer filter is a bit weirder :joker:

Lots of different gluten free flours and foods, nutritional supplements, diapers, and just about anything else. We have amazon orders several times a week to the house.

I bought gas logs for our two fireplaces. Saved about $130 on the two over what I woulda paid @ Lowes. Enrolled in Amazon Moms & will be getting diapers auto delivered once the baby gets here....

I order my tea through there (Yogi, the best!) because it doesn't exist where I live. I'll also order candies and Crystal Lite packets. It isn't so hard to live abroad when you can order anything off the internet!! I get a lot of things from drugstore.com too.

I regularly buy rechargeable batteries and recently picked up probably about 3-4 years worth of real maple flavoring I use to make my own maple syrup with.

For those that buy groceries on Amazon, can you list some of the specific groceries? Whenever I look at their groceries, the prices are always higher than I pay locally, and I live in a high cost of living area. I know there must be deals out there, but they have so many groceries that it's hard to dig down and find them.

I have bought just about anything you can think of from Amazon.

The most recent grocery items I bought from them were cases of Velveeta Mac N Shells Cheese stuff whatever it is called.

I have bought chips that I can't find in my area that I had found when we went to Orlando.

I buy bulk items like things you can get at Sams like those huge containers of Bouillon cubes.

I buy treats and food for my neighbor's dog that spends about 12 hours a day at our house.

Anything you can buy in a local store I have bought off Amazon.

I am a Prime member and get free 2 day shipping and will get the items sooner usually then I would have had a chance to go to the store and get the items.

I have bought all our electronics (Kindle Fires - 4 of them, IPOD touch- 3 of them) through Amazon.

I bought our ROKU through Amazon.

I don't buy toilet paper and paper towels through them because I wait until our local Rite Aid has a 50% off sale and I stock up on 3 or 4 big packs of each at the time of the sale.

I buy pens, paper, ink, craft supplies.

I also have bought my water filters for my fridge from there.

Almost all XMAS presents always gets ordered from Amazon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter