What is your typical wait time to get into your grocery store?

0 minutes.
I have walked right in to Shoppers, Giant, and Wegmans in the past 10 days.
Shoppers and Wegmans!! So jealous! I said in one of the other threads how much I hate my current grocery store situation. Rumor is our regional chain has a deal with Wegmans that they won’t encroach each other’s territory. There is No comparison.

[
We loooovvvveee Citarella’s. The UWS location is so cute. I can only imagine what it was like during holidays! I wish CT location had opened before we moved. We hit it up every time we go back.
Yeah they had to think fast when the store front between it and Fairway was up for grabs. Was able to rent the upstairs for an app counter and bakery but now Fairway is in Bankruptcy court so who knows whether C. will be able to get any of that space. What city in CT has a Citarella's branch now? I love being driven up 95:).

I live in a geologically immune area so we shop around as we please , sometimes 7 of us in a 10 foot circle, 6 of them not wearing masks nor gloves. Wal-mart ( need medical) is the only store that has separate entrance/ exit doors, barriers and arrows and yellow strips to indicate what spacing looks like....not that it matters, only 20% of the folks were wearing masks and pushing thru with the carts into herds. Kroger store, 80% wearing masks, but no efforts at crowd control, we are still squeezing by stocking stacks of bread, produce and soft drinks, so spacing problems for the employees not wearing masks.

No wait at the stores I've been to but I've been going in the evening. Lines seem to be in the morning, people still trying to get the coveted items. I lucked out at Costco last week, I waited 35 minutes outside(in the rain... :sad2: ) but I got TP, so didn't mind after the fact. :laughing:

ahhh I dream of a day when there is a Wegmans near me.
I hear tell of one about a hour & a half away...several years ago I got to go in one.
Harris Teeter is about as fancy as I can get my hands on, and that is 45 minutes away!

Yeah they had to think fast when the store front between it and Fairway was up for grabs. Was able to rent the upstairs for an app counter and bakery but now Fairway is in Bankruptcy court so who knows whether C. will be able to get any of that space. What city in CT has a Citarella's branch now? I love being driven up 95:).
I didn’t know they expanded! Def on list of must dos. DS talks about Citarella when we haven’t been in a while. Greenwich on Rt. 1. They have a big wine store connected. It is just so pretty to walk around. Yeah, I hate that about Fairway. I think they had scheduled to close Stamford before all of this anyway. We liked Fairway but don’t really miss it.

Please do not go grocery shopping. Order online and pick it up. Save lives. I am a nurse and have not been into a grocery store for over a month.
I would love to do that but all the stores that offer this are either out of our budget or not accepting new orders for 3+ weeks. Canadian Costco has a very weak list of delivery items.
I even tried to open an account for getting organic produce delivered from a local company but they are not even accepting new clients.

My local Shoprite is open 6a-10p. As long as we go 6a-10a or 8p-10p there are no lines. It's still getting crowded 2p-7p.

I normally don't like to bend the rules or take advantage like this but I am immunocompromised so i'm doing it and I don't feel bad about it. DH manages a grocery store and he has me come in before the store opens to do the shopping for about 2 weeks or so.

I call that a well deserved perk for a grocery store manager to take advantage of - who is no doubt being run ragged and dealing with some crazy folks in a crazy situation! I don't think either of you should feel the slight bit ashamed of it or that you are bending the rules.

Our city has a public employee residency requirement, and I live in an area where a lot of people work for the city in essential jobs; lots of police, firefighters, and engineers of various kinds. Store waits are only a few minutes most of the time, but from about 3 - 5 pm the lines get really long, as folks who work for those depts get off work and stop on their way home.

Where I live in CT it is an approximate 20-25 minutes depending on the day/time/store (sometimes you can walk right in while other times it seems to take forever). I have waited in line at all the open stores in my area (just haven't been to drugstore lately). All our stores have a designed entrance and exit and have people posted controlling the line, there's arrows on the floor as well as social distancing signs posted throughout. Most people are wearing some sort of face covering even if it is just a scarf and most have gotten pretty good at allowing space in lines. The grocery store is difficult just because you must go down a designated aisle then up the next in order to be in line for check out. It goes pretty smoothly and the wait is bearable. 👍

I normally don't like to bend the rules or take advantage like this but I am immunocompromised so i'm doing it and I don't feel bad about it. DH manages a grocery store and he has me come in before the store opens to do the shopping for about 2 weeks or so.
Don't worry about it...it's a perk and sounds as though you need this. Stay Well!! :flower1:

In my town in NJ the local Wegmans has between a 2 and 3 hour wait (they are only letting 25 people in the store at a time). I haven't gone in a grocery store since Target seems to have little to no waits and most things can be delviered to my car. My Wegmans hasn't had a curbside pickup slot in over a month (when I last got groceries from an actual grocery store). Trader Joes always seems to have about 15-20 people outside, I don't have a Costco membership but there's a line there too when I drive by to Target. Even our local ShopRite has a long line. The problem with target is they won't do curbside delivery for cold items so I resorted to my local CVS to buy a gallon of milk since it's always dead in there.

My husband has been doing our shopping. He hasn't had to wait. But, I have seen on social media that some have had to wait in the bigger city near us. The last two weeks he said that almost everybody was wearing a mask.

Havent been is a store is 3-12. Thank you grocery delivery services!

Even our ACE and local liquor store have a call in, pay on the phone, and they put it in your trunk service.

Havent been is a store is 3-12. Thank you grocery delivery services!

Even our ACE and local liquor store have a call in, pay on the phone, and they put it in your trunk service.
Wish I could come close to getting a delivery date but all the delivery services are all booked solid around here for a number of weeks out!

Wish I could come close to getting a delivery date but all the delivery services are all booked solid around here for a number of weeks out!

Im sure its different for each area but almost every-time, once our cart is full, we have to spend the next 24 hours periodically checking the page over and over to find a time slot. We usually plan a few days ahead.

So far no wait. We go around 6:30 am during senior hours. The only time I did see a wait was the Saturday before Easter. When we drove by one of the bigger Market Baskets there were about 9 people in line at 2:00 pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter