What is your second favorite resort?

I was asking this and the favorite land at the MK question because I wondered if people choose resorts and had favorite parts of the world that match their personalities. I'm a laid back, take the back roads and stop at farmer's stands kind of girl. My husband is a city boy who loves traffic :scared1:, bright lights, tall buildings, if he could we'd fly to the next city over. I love FW and my next favorites would be POR and WL (and Seabee, forgot about Shades of Green, love their lodge-like renovation, you get a Grand Californian type resort for about $100, not bad!). I love Frontierland, I could spend the day there, he loves Tomorrowland and the Contemporary (there are parts of the Contemporary that remind me of a psych ward in an movie from the 50's, the area around the escalator on the floor below the concourse in particular). I am all about embracing and preserving history, he's a forge ahead into the future ('progress') kind of person. I guess that's why I love Disney World, it doesn't matter what your interests are, you'll usually find a place for you there.

For me there is no second choice. It's FW all the way (cabin, camper, tent).

If you held a gun to my head I would say Wilderness Lodge (just so I could slip down the exercise trail to FW so I could go to the C&D campfire and singalong).

Bama ED :groom:

I would say Polynesian because we used to stay there when I was little. There wasn't much choice then in the 70's, just Polynesian, Contemporary and FW. My parents were never campers like DH and me! (I got it from the grandparents!);)

Old Key West is probably my second favorite. However, my goal is to stay at all the resorts. :rolleyes1

Old Key West is probably my favorite but after staying two weeks this summer in our RV (first time for our RV there), the fort might be the new favorite. Old Key West will always feel like home to me though.:goodvibes
I have stayed in every disney resort except BW Inn and Caribbean Beach. They are all nice in their own way but i love the fort for its shady and relaxing atmosphere and OKW for its florida/key west theming and the golf course. If you're talking off-site Disney Resort, the Hilton Head resort is the ABSOLUTE BEST disney resort!:thumbsup2
LEAST FAVORITE: Contemporary...great location but way too "cold" of an atmosphere for us.

Old Key West is probably my favorite but after staying two weeks this summer in our RV (first time for our RV there), the fort might be the new favorite. Old Key West will always feel like home to me though.:goodvibes
I have stayed in every disney resort except BW Inn and Caribbean Beach. They are all nice in their own way but i love the fort for its shady and relaxing atmosphere and OKW for its florida/key west theming and the golf course. If you're talking off-site Disney Resort, the Hilton Head resort is the ABSOLUTE BEST disney resort!:thumbsup2
LEAST FAVORITE: Contemporary...great location but way too "cold" of an atmosphere for us.

I agree with "cold"

I allways thought they should have gone with a " futuristic " theme for this hotel....

Buzz and Stitch are going to waste.....:teleport:

Fort Wilderness will forever be my favorite, but second is the Contemporary -- not the tower, but the small wing on the FW side. I'm a "city girl" and not into rustic. Would love to see FW become a little more contemporary, but I know I'm in the minority here!

If Fort Wilderness is your favorite, what's your second? I wonder if people who love Fort Wilderness stay at resorts that are similar (lots of trees, rustic charm, etc.) when they aren't staying at the Fort.

I've never been to any other Disney Resort. If I had to pick one just from looking at the websites and personal opinion, I would pick Wilderness Lodge. We liked WCC and Roaring Forks and it is close to FW of course :thumbsup2

I agree with "cold"

I allways thought they should have gone with a " futuristic " theme for this hotel....

Buzz and Stitch are going to waste.....:teleport:

One of our friends who is a cast member and works at the Contemporary, told us that they call it the Big Toaster. The youngsters have no idea what they are talking about but the older CMs nod and remark that it really does look like an old time toaster.:rotfl:

yikes why in the world would ya want to make any campground contemporary?...me thinks most of us go for the rustic laid back quality....makes me appreciate being a tree Hugger...would you want to cut down trees and pave more to get an contemporary look???...oh the thought of that makes me cringe :hippie: :scared1:

Fort Wilderness will forever be my favorite, but second is the Contemporary -- not the tower, but the small wing on the FW side. I'm a "city girl" and not into rustic. Would love to see FW become a little more contemporary, but I know I'm in the minority here!

It's a dream of mine to one day stay at the Poly, I wish I could afford it so bad...whenever I read on the resort boards about alot of people getting 40% off postcards in the mail I felt so sick :rolleyes: . I love the GF but Poly is where I would LOVE :love: to stay just once in my life, but that money, jeez I don't know how people do it. :scared1:

I’ve stayed at the Contemporary, the Beach Club. And the Wilderness Lodge. This will be my first visit to Fort Wilderness this July, but my favorite place so far has to be the Wilderness Lodge. I liked the Beach Club pool the best though, couldn’t beat the sand beach at the pool :)

My 2nd choice would be a toss up between Poly and WL. I'm happy eating there and hanging out - I know I'll never afford it $$$$$ :lmao:

yikes why in the world would ya want to make any campground contemporary?...me thinks most of us go for the rustic laid back quality....makes me appreciate being a tree Hugger...would you want to cut down trees and pave more to get an contemporary look???...oh the thought of that makes me cringe :hippie: :scared1:

No, not cutting down trees. Not changing the loops in any way. Just getting rid of the western theme in the signage and buildings.. Not everyone who loves to camp wants to be a cowboy, and not everyone who camps wants to rough it! Would love to see FW more "upscale" and have more of a resort feel. But as I said, I know I'm in the minority here.

I’ve stayed at the Contemporary, the Beach Club. And the Wilderness Lodge. This will be my first visit to Fort Wilderness this July, but my favorite place so far has to be the Wilderness Lodge. I liked the Beach Club pool the best though, couldn’t beat the sand beach at the pool :)

Or the sand bottom IN the pool! This is definitely the best pool on property! I wish we could pool hop here when staying on points! Wilderness Lodge definitely ranks up there too. To me, it's like an upscale "fort wilderness" in a way.

No, not cutting down trees. Not changing the loops in any way. Just getting rid of the western theme in the signage and buildings.. Not everyone who loves to camp wants to be a cowboy, and not everyone who camps wants to rough it! Would love to see FW more "upscale" and have more of a resort feel. But as I said, I know I'm in the minority here.

Come On CCIntrigue your from NC, I know there's alittle cowboy in ya :lmao: :lmao:
Just messing with you, I know what you mean, whenever we stayed at FW for the first time in April I was alittle suprised that it wasn't more " fantasy like ", even though it was the nices campground we have ever stayed at. Were off to Ocean Lakes for the first time next month site 2144 hope it's nice. pirate:

Terri, I can't tell you how many times we've stayed at Ocean Lakes! Probably 50+. It's a great campground, and I hope you will enjoy it. 2144 is a pretty good site.

Sorry, even though I was born in NC and have lived here all my life there is absolutely no cowboy in me!

Come On CCIntrigue your from NC, I know there's alittle cowboy in ya :lmao: :lmao:
Just messing with you, I know what you mean, whenever we stayed at FW for the first time in April I was alittle suprised that it wasn't more " fantasy like ", even though it was the nices campground we have ever stayed at. Were off to Ocean Lakes for the first time next month site 2144 hope it's nice. pirate:

I don't get it. I must be missing something. With a name like FORT WILDERNESS, people expect it to be more fantasy like? It's exactly what I would expect from the name. Now, if it was called something like Fantasy Acres or Fantasy Campground, maybe I would expect that, but it has a WILDERNESS theme, perfectly matched to its name. Are you thinking along the lines of a woods theme like you might find in Snow White or something like that? That might be interesting but not with Fort Wilderness as the name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter