What is your petty pet peeve?

Ok, I'm guessing those are Southern things? Not being snarky, but I've really never heard anyone say most of those words.

Not all Southern (I've heard some Pineys talk that way) but as I was reading her post, I thought, I heard most of these every week. I think I know one lady that says them ALL! :rotfl:

I guess I am a weird one but when I say Christmas the T is in there albeit subtly. The T is definetly pronounced it pretty. I don't understand how it couldn't be?

The other one that gets me is when people say they waited "online". Is there some line you are standing on? Are you home waiting by your computer? Here where I live you wait IN line for something not on it.

"Online" and when people "call out" of work, or something like that.:confused3 I've only read it here & can't remember exactly what it is they say. It might be a different way and not necessarily wrong, but it still sounds wrong to me.

I hate when people wear their watch on the right wrist. I don't think it is wrong, but it just bugs me. Watches go on the left if you have a left.

I'm sure I bug the crap out of people on here. I rarely proofread anything and it shows.:rotfl2:

Loose/lose bothers me. Ideal/idea really bothers me.

People who talk on the cell phone while I'm trying to cut their hair bug me.

My BIL really bugs me. Digressing while I type a reply bugs me. :rolleyes: :rotfl:

I believe on line in line is a north/south thing. Just like attendance/roll. When I lived in NC, all the teachers from the south (and a few from the midwest) would call the roll. The rest of us took attendance.

When it is obvious someone is just trying to vent about something, and other posters turn it into a thead about what a horrible person they are because of said vent. Then the other posters throw in digs that have nothing to do with the original topic.

People who are constantly trying to prove they are smarter than other people by pointing out spelling and pronunciation errors. Yeah, we get it, you are gifted and we are not gifted. :flower3:

Not all Southern (I've heard some Pineys talk that way) but as I was reading her post, I thought, I heard most of these every week. I think I know one lady that says them ALL! :rotfl:

I hate when people wear their watch on the right wrist. I don't think it is wrong, but it just bugs me. Watches go on the left if you have a left.

I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, but I believe they do that because they are left-handed? :)

The vent comment made me think of another one. People who vent on a public board then get upset when people do not respond the "correct" way.

The watch thing is GENERALLY a left-handed trait, but not always. I wear my watch on my right wrist and I'm right-handed. I just find it more convenient. Sorry it bothers you.

Queen Colleen

:rolleyes: :rotfl:

I wear my watch on my right wrist. It isn't because I want to. I have no choice. Many women who've had surgery on their left side for breast cancer end up with lymphodema. In other words, their left arm swells. Mine is not so swollen as to be terribly noticable, but it is enough that most watches do not fit on my left wrist (even with the additional pieces added).

Not giving you a hard time. Just pointing out that there may be a reason behind wearing a watch on the right wrist.

I haven't read the whole thread, so sorry if this was already been mentioned:

When someone stands on line, knowing they will have to pay when they get to the register. They wait until everything is rung up and then start digging around looking for their money or credit card. Seriously, you didn't know you were going to need that? Is this your first time in a store? Or they start filling out the check at the last minute. Can't you fill in everything but the amount ahead of time?

Yes you can. I think that it is not that big problem at all. :surfweb: :thumbsup2

I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, but I believe they do that because they are left-handed? :)

Oh yes, I know that. And actually, some people look sexy with their watches on their right wrist. :rotfl2: odd, but true. :confused3

The watch thing is GENERALLY a left-handed trait, but not always. I wear my watch on my right wrist and I'm right-handed. I just find it more convenient. Sorry it bothers you.

Queen Colleen

I know. It is just a me problem. Unless it looks sexy on that person and then it isn't a problem anymore. :rotfl2:

That's why I wear mine on my right wrist. I can't write well if it's on the left one.

And you probably looks sexy with it on the right one. :thumbsup2

I wear my watch on my right wrist. It isn't because I want to. I have no choice. Many women who've had surgery on their left side for breast cancer end up with lymphodema. In other words, their left arm swells. Mine is not so swollen as to be terribly noticable, but it is enough that most watches do not fit on my left wrist (even with the additional pieces added).

Not giving you a hard time. Just pointing out that there may be a reason behind wearing a watch on the right wrist.

Never thought of this. My mom had breast cancer on the right side so I am familiar that this can be a problem--never thought about the watch tho. :thumbsup2

I think the reason it always bothered me was because my grandparents were jewelers and my grandmother was always correcting us if we put our watches on the *wrong* wrist when we were kids. She made a big deal that it goes on your left wrist. However, when my nephew was born 19 years ago and he started picking stuff up, he used his left hand and you would have thought Nana thought he was a spawn of Satan.:eek: She insisted that he use his right hand and my sister had to sit her down and really drill it in her head that she was letting him decide which hand he'd use. It was a huge deal and WEIRD. A lot like my dislike for watches on right wrists...unless, unless they look sexy.:lovestruc :rotfl2: And no, I'm not drunk while typing this. :lmao: Seriously, some people look really good with that watch on their right wrist. :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter