What is your perfect Disney day?

Tinkerbellie16

DIS Veteran
My perfect Disney day:

I get up a bit earlier than the rest of my family, excited for the day at a fabulous onsite Disney resort. I grab some quick breakfast and some for my family including some coffee or diet soda, enjoying the new day and the scenery at the resort. My DH, DS, and DD get up, sunscreened, and have breakfast on time and with out prodding from me. We are off to a non-EMH MK morning when the park opens. The morning is spent with lots of great fastpasses and short waits for the three mountains, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear and Carousel of Progress. We take a early lunch at Columbia Harbour House enjoying the 2nd floor and people watching out the windows. We hit some more attractions and make the majority of our shots at the shootin arcade (and someone made the train move!). After cooling off with a dole whip, we enjoy the scenery, do some shopping, then make our way back to the resort.

The weather is warm and sunny so we all head to the pool. DH and I enjoy some adult libations and we treat the kids to some cool treats and snacks. We all dive in the deepest end for dive sticks, frolic in the water, and go down the slide - several times. I end up wanting to get a little sun and enjoy my drink while basking in the sun and never wanting my perma-smile to go as I watch my husband play with my kids. Hands down, the best part of any day is watching my kids and husband play and have fun. It warms my heart to know how much they love each other and it makes me love DH even more :lovestruc

DH watches the kids so I can shower back at the room. We get ready for the evening and break out the glow stuff. We head over to Epcot for dinner at Le Cellier. We easily score Soarin fastpasses and head to any other attractions that we feel like. DH and I grab some fabulous margaritas from La Cava or a nice beer from Germany or some slushies (or maybe one of each!) as we all stroll around World Showcase. My son and daughter read to us from the signs, ask the CMs questions, and end up holding hands as they walk from country to country. DH and I look at each other amazed and giggling because the kids are getting along so fabulously. And he manages to sneak a kiss from me in romantic France. Even if the kids catch us and say 'yuck!', it only amuses us more. We find some fabulous snacks and hunker down for Illuminations. We stroll to Mousegear when it is over, grabbing souvenirs, then make our way back to the resort.

An evening swim is of course in the works and we all have lots of fun working off all those yummy goodies we ate during the day. We fall into bed exhausted...and so very happy...looking forward to tomorrow when we can do it all again!

And the best thing about this perfect day - it happened before...many times. Why do I go back you ask? I think the better question is, "Why wouldn't I go back???"

So that's my perfect Disney day - what about yours?

My perfect day would be a day that we could just roam around and enjoy everything we sometimes miss.
each trip we only have so much time to go and usually it is going on the top rides each kid wants, or the characters. Now don't get me wrong I love all of that!
but i wish we lived close enough or had a longer trip sometime that would allow us to just wander around!

I don't think it can be said any better. Thank you for that beautiful description of what, I think anyway, is a perfect day for most of us Disney Lovers!!!:lovestruc That will be me in about 33 days. Except for my husband. Girls trip only. Me, DD (5), and my mom. CAN'T WAIT!!!:goodvibes

Wow, that sounds perfect to me! I hope we have many such days on our first family trip to WDW (in just 5 more days!)

27 more days and my perfect day will begin...

I arrive about 10AM. My BFF will not arrive until after 10pm. I will have a whole Disney Day to myself. YES!!!! And what makes it even more special is I'm upgrading my ticket to an ANNUAL PASS!! I want to visit over Christmas and then run the Princess Half Marathon next February. YES!

After I arrive and upgrade - I want to finally go to Epcot and visit each country and take my time touring. I never get to do this so that's top on my list. Purchase and buy any and every souvie, snack/drink at my leisure. :thumbsup2 Go back to resort after my tour and take a nap and unpack.

That evening head over to MK and walk down Main street and get that or so familiar butterflies in my stomach letting me know I'm at the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH! I have nothing planned but to stroll the paths and eat Dole Whips. They're open until 2AM so I'm sure I'll hit a few rides. O and I need to ride POTC again. I just didn't get it last time I rode it. It was a BUST to me.

I'll watch wishes at my favorite bridge, the one by Cosmic Rays and the Castle while I eat a funnel cake and drink milk. YUMMY!!! BFF should then be making her way to MK and we'll probably ride a few rides before we head back to the resort. I'll begin the first night of my vacation on :cloud9:

My perfect day is going SLOW and Relaxing and Taking photos of just about everything. No schedule, no drama, no reservations, no plan...Just taking it all in. I have been known to ditch the family/everyone and go to MK on my own for a few hours (after being together for our long trips I sometimes need a break ;) )
It seems to rejuvenate me.....as the planner of all things Disney, everyone (especially on the extended family trips) seems to "need" me and I just like to actually Relax for part of a day with no "needs" but my own ;) It just works for me/us..:rotfl:

27 more days and my perfect day will begin...

I arrive about 10AM. My BFF will not arrive until after 10pm. I will have a whole Disney Day to myself. YES!!!! And what makes it even more special is I'm upgrading my ticket to an ANNUAL PASS!! I want to visit over Christmas and then run the Princess Half Marathon next February. YES!

After I arrive and upgrade - I want to finally go to Epcot and visit each country and take my time touring. I never get to do this so that's top on my list. Purchase and buy any and every souvie, snack/drink at my leisure. :thumbsup2 Go back to resort after my tour and take a nap and unpack.

That evening head over to MK and walk down Main street and get that or so familiar butterflies in my stomach letting me know I'm at the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH! I have nothing planned but to stroll the paths and eat Dole Whips. They're open until 2AM so I'm sure I'll hit a few rides. O and I need to ride POTC again. I just didn't get it last time I rode it. It was a BUST to me.

I'll watch wishes at my favorite bridge, the one by Cosmic Rays and the Castle while I eat a funnel cake and drink milk. YUMMY!!! BFF should then be making her way to MK and we'll probably ride a few rides before we head back to the resort. I'll begin the first night of my vacation on :cloud9:

I read this after I just posted. YEAH for you, I so get it. I am so envious as I have no plans right now....Have an AMAZING time, Lucky YOU!! :wizard:

I've been waiting a couple days to make my first post, so I finally figured that this would be the perfect place for it.

Wake up at AKL around 9 and have some coffee and enjoy the animals on the Savannah. Meander into EPCOT around lunch, grab a bite to eat in the Land Pavilion and then stroll around World Showcase for a bit, beginning in Mexico, just taking in all the sights and sounds that you can only catch in EPCOT. Walk from England over to Kouzzina's for a great meal, finished with some desert at Beaches N Cream. Finally jump on the boat to Hollywood Studios and strolling down Sunset Boulevard to see that infamous Tower with a 13 minute wait to end the day.

If this was a day with the family, amazing.
If this was a day with just the girl, perfection.

Any day at Disney is the the best and mine starts in 47 days and in 48 days I get to witness my grandsons first trip to Disney that will be amazing. At the end our of trip my DD and niece have a special surprise for me. That will be amazing as well.

I've been waiting a couple days to make my first post, so I finally figured that this would be the perfect place for it.

Wake up at AKL around 9 and have some coffee and enjoy the animals on the Savannah. Meander into EPCOT around lunch, grab a bite to eat in the Land Pavilion and then stroll around World Showcase for a bit, beginning in Mexico, just taking in all the sights and sounds that you can only catch in EPCOT. Walk from England over to Kouzzina's for a great meal, finished with some desert at Beaches N Cream. Finally jump on the boat to Hollywood Studios and strolling down Sunset Boulevard to see that infamous Tower with a 13 minute wait to end the day.

If this was a day with the family, amazing.
If this was a day with just the girl, perfection.

Great first post and welcome to the DIS! :wizard:

Not sure about a perfect Disney day, but any day at Disney is better than a day anywhere else, even one day I was sick and decided to stay in the room was great. Although I will say being able ride Soar'in 3 or 4 times in a row with virtually no wait make a great Disney day nearly perfect lol. Also there are those little bits of Disney magic, like being allowed in to a VIP only area to watch Wishes simply because we were friendly to the CM guarding the roped off entrance. I guess what makes a perfect Disney day for me is waking up in the morning with that "I'm at Disney!!" feeling, going through the day and then going to bed that night with the same "I'm at Disney!!" feeling.

Not sure about a perfect Disney day, but any day at Disney is better than a day anywhere else, even one day I was sick and decided to stay in the room was great. Although I will say being able ride Soar'in 3 or 4 times in a row with virtually no wait make a great Disney day nearly perfect lol. Also there are those little bits of Disney magic, like being allowed in to a VIP only area to watch Wishes simply because we were friendly to the CM guarding the roped off entrance. I guess what makes a perfect Disney day for me is waking up in the morning with that "I'm at Disney!!" feeling, going through the day and then going to bed that night with the same "I'm at Disney!!" feeling.

So true - any day at Disney is better than a day anywhere else! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter