What is your opinion on the United Kingdom?

I would have kept it the same for memory's sake. I saw photos of it a couple of years ago when it was listed for sale, and it had been changed to an open plan with two bedrooms instead of the old fashioned two rooms downstairs and four small above. They also got rid of the big picture window and put in two small ones.

I did have a bit of control of my childhood home. My original bedroom was on the darker side of the house, and it was kind of gloomy, especially in the winter. I petitioned my parents to switch me to the sunnier front bedroom that was the guest room. It took a lot of asking, and pointing out that no one even used that room and it was so sunny and pretty, but finally my mom said yes. I wish I had been able to pick the fabric for the bedspread and curtains my mom had made for my room, and the paint color of the furniture, because what she picked out was nasty! A rusted red, white and denim blue fabric, with all the furniture painted in that dirty red color. It was fugly. But at least I had the sunshine in the morning, and it was on the quieter side of the house too, not facing the busy street.

Yarn! You can never have enough yarn :) If the apocalypse happened, I could knit clothes for my family for years! :rotfl2:

I'm 42, was engaged on and off for about 4 years until a year ago when we officially separated. Now I'm 100% single with no plans to start dating again anytime soon, I'm just too busy with other stuff to worry about a relationship

I don't remember anything. DS14's marching band has a lucrative enterprise though. They run a summer fireworks stand.

designer clothes, trendy toys, or video games. We did get a Speak and Spell and a Speak and Math.

My parents were pretty frugal and didn't spend money on many extras at all. I do remember the occasional trip to the local ice cream store where I was allowed to purchase anything I wanted. Hard to believe how magical those little things are to me now.

I’m so sorry to hear this. I’m sure you’re a great dad and your beautiful kiddos see that. And that’s all that matters. I was dating a guy for a bit and there were minor problems in the relationship, but I didn’t realize it was that bad. Needless to say, he decided after a month, he’d rather date someone younger. 10 years younger and now he’s married to someone else 11 years younger than him. I don’t have a problem with the age difference, but it caught me off guard. Especially when I was much older than the two females, have a career, independent, and the list goes on. After I thought a lot about it, I figured maybe he’d rather be broke by taking care of someone, than meeting halfway and doing everything together. I don’t know. I said he was going through a mid-life crisis himself, because not only did he leave me out of the blue, he decided to buy a truck, that he knew he didn’t need and would kill his pockets. But, those were his decisions to make, not mine.
I hope things have gotten better for you and your kiddos.

Thanks so much !!! I try hard, and the kids know that- all I can do.... be the best Dad (and person) that I can be ! Bless you !!!

Yes, I had someone ring my door bell and when I went to answer I found a bag of food. And ever since the lady next door brings me stuff off and on. She is a sweet lady. There was one , I have no idea but got a delivery of Chinese food.

I can't recall anything that wasn't needed for the family in my Mom's case. My Dad would always say, "ask your mother" when we asked for candy money or whatever. He was always broke. They both smoked and my Dad drank too much, but I wouldn't say they 'loved' spending for those things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter