What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

Ok, 108 pages and 3 days in...here are my "have to" brings. My crochet. I know, I know. Who has time for that at Disney? Well, it helps me to de-compress after a long day. Just a few rows or stitches just settles the brain. And then I can remember my trip every time I look at my finished goodie.

My Vera Bradley back pack is the best thing! I dont have small kids so my stuff fits nicely. Just enough space for necessities.

I also wear reading glasses so I will be bringing an extra pair. Also, I wear a lanyard so I have somewhere to put them when I dont need to use them. That works better than putting them on my head. They go in the back pack when on rides. Same technique works for the sunglasses.

I think my daughter-19 yrs- might bring a cheap wooden picture frame for her autographs. Not sure if I want to lug it around though.

There are some great things on this list. Im driving so I can pack as much as I want. Also its just the two of us so my van can be loaded to the gills -as my mom would say. What I dont need can just stay in the van :)

78 days and counting
Shan

Wow! I mean, I'm pretty obsessed with Disney right now. We're headed out on June 18th for a wedding the 25th. :) I'm so so so excited! Thank you for all of your amazing tips on what to bring. :love:

My suggestion is a cough drop called Cold Eeze. We swear by them. Any sign of a sniffle or a cough, we take one and it helps ward off an impending cold. :)

I also second the golf ball!! You're going to be doing a LOT of walking!! So make sure you take something to help your feet!

And lastly, I don't know who buys into vitamins and who doesn't, but with there being a LOT of processed food around the park, I'm sure being 'healthy' isn't on the forefront. I, too, am itching to get to Epcot. popcorn:: But a vitamin deficiency can definitely cause cramps! So consider taking some multivitamins with you!! I'm planning on packing little bags for every day. Having balanced vitamins ALSO means that all that walking could help me shave off a little extra weight, too. :) :yay:

Just my 2 cents!! Speaking of, thanks for the tip about the pre-1982 pennies!!! :worship:

My suggestion is a cough drop called Cold Eeze. We swear by them. Any sign of a sniffle or a cough, we take one and it helps ward off an impending cold. :)

I too swear by Cold Eeze, and thanks for the reminder to add to my packing list! They basically stop a cold in its tracks if taken at the first sign of a sniffle or itchy throat!

I bought 2 cheapy lipstick chargers from one of those discount stores - it think it was $12 for both of them, and I ordered tiny USB cords. (3" I think). I would plug them in as soon as the battery hit 20% or in a longer attraction or eating, so we always had a phone ready to go for MDE ;)

Four years and 109 pages later...

This thread is amazing. So many fantastic ideas! Thank you to all who have contributed. My packing list has certainly expanded.

My unusual item is name badges. About 10 years ago I bought engraved Disney badges from Hollywood Studio (back then it was still MGM) for me and my husband. We got so much attention from guests and cast members that now we wear them every trip.

Now that we have a little one joining us in August, I want him to have his own badge. But since Disney doesn't sell them anymore, I went searching online. OfficeMax sells customizable name badges. Here is what I ordered for all of us:

http://www.officemax.impressprintcenter-businesscards.com/StudioLayout.aspx?ItemID=102909&DesignID=10043431&Site=

Hope the link works.

Love this thread! :hyper:

This has always been one of my favorite threads, that I go back and read from beginning to end right before each trip we take!

I had an item that I wish I had this past trip. A few bungee cords so we could hook items on too of our roller cooler/suitcases so that we didn't have to carry as much.

I take a stack of lids from take-out drinks. If you turn it upside down and insert a popsicle or mickey bar through the straw x-cut, then the lid will catch any drips! :mickeybar

Wow!!! I know this is an old post, but I know this tip just saved my daughter from a major MELTdown 3 months from now! Thank you!

Four years and 109 pages later...

This thread is amazing. So many fantastic ideas! Thank you to all who have contributed. My packing list has certainly expanded.

My unusual item is name badges. About 10 years ago I bought engraved Disney badges from Hollywood Studio (back then it was still MGM) for me and my husband. We got so much attention from guests and cast members that now we wear them every trip.

Now that we have a little one joining us in August, I want him to have his own badge. But since Disney doesn't sell them anymore, I went searching online. OfficeMax sells customizable name badges. Here is what I ordered for all of us:

http://www.officemax.impressprintcenter-businesscards.com/StudioLayout.aspx?ItemID=102909&DesignID=10043431&Site=

Hope the link works.

Love this thread! :hyper:

We had a name tag for our daughter years ago and it was nice for her to get a personalized greeting or autograph.
BUT...
Someone brought to my attention that it would also give "bad guys" your child's name. Never really think about that in WDW.
This is irrelevant to us now but just something to think about.

I didn't read through the whole thread, so maybe some repeats here.

1. I packed lots of toiletries in a plastic storage box with cover (approx shoebox size) from dollar store in suitcase. Then I used it on the bathroom counter at resort to keep everything handy/neat and in sight if we needed to use them.

2. Packed 2 cheapo tupperware containers with screw on lids to hold goldfish,pretzels,crackers etc we had purchased using GardenGrocer and brought them everyday to parks. THis really helped keep our costs down, plus when the kids were hungry we didn't have to scour the park looking for the "right" snack to get them and no waiting in line (didn't do dining plan)

3. Extra pair of sneakers...we needed them the day after we did lots of wet rides and our 1st pair were still drying out

4. Activity books to the park! This SAVED us. we got some for the plane ride for our kids (8 and 9). By the 3rd day of our vacation they were constantly fighting/bickering with each other when waiting in lines, for the bus etc etc. FInally my husband put them in his backpack and gave them to the kids whenever there was any wait and they both would just sit down wherever we were and do them and ignore each other.

5. Light sweatshirts for evening bus rides. We went mid June and while it was hot all day and even into the evenings, sometimes the buses back were quite chilly. Kids really appreciated having something to put on when the AC was turned up high.

6. Battery phone chargers. Luckily we didn't use them but a couple days we got close to using all power in our phones. It rained pretty hard and we were constantly checking the weather radar, updating FP+, checking wait times etc etc on our phones

7. SUnglass lanyards for the kids. The amount of times the sunglasses went on and off was crazy. I wouldn't have been able to deal with asking for them nonstop.

I almost forgot!!!
I am a planner so I printed out a pic of each park map and had our touring plan either typed or hand written on it. I then placed each map into a separate 3 ring binder plastic protector and brought all of them with us. Each day, I took out the 1 protector for the park that day with all our plans and brought it with us. It was waterproof for wet rides, an additonal "pocket" for other maps/show times etc. and I was able to just flip it over to see times vs the park map. I could fold it up and put it in my bag if I needed both my hands free. It held our test track "cards" along with the photopass card from Jedi Training. Basically anything small "extra" we got at the parks that could be lost in the bottom of my bag, or forgotten which pocket. Brought them all home and was able to find any paperwork/cards etc based on the park/map.

I also had marked which locations we'd prefer for counter service food, and indoor attractions for rain.

We had a name tag for our daughter years ago and it was nice for her to get a personalized greeting or autograph.
BUT...
Someone brought to my attention that it would also give "bad guys" your child's name. Never really think about that in WDW.
This is irrelevant to us now but just something to think about.

I normally do not give my son anything personalized for the reason you mention. However, I will make an exception in WDW. I feel comfortable to do so at his age in that environment. (He's seven.)

I found a two pack of super absorbent towels at Trader Joe's today. Two in a pack for under $5. Not sure how well they will work, but packing them for our trip.

Please help me!! I have tried rolling and my clothes are a wrinkled mess!! I gave up on this last trip and just packed. I would love to roll though and possibly eliminate a suitcase, if I could.

There are a few tricks. One is just getting them as flat as possible when rolling. Lots of people struggle with that. Some fabrics are just more prone to wrinkling, and for those, put a layer of thin plastic in the roll. I roll things in used dry cleaning bags, and I promise, you will not have wrinkles!

I used to travel a lot for work -- 10 days on the road, 3 days at home, back out for 10 days, home for 3, out for 10, and so on. So, I'm good at stuffing a bag, and I had to be "camera ready" every day with no chance for professional pressing (and little time for ironing in a hotel room). Keeping away wrinkles was essential.

My best tip is to test your packing methods before your trip. Take the items you think are most likely to wrinkle, and try some different methods. See if they are wrinkled after they've been "packed" for a couple of days.

Also, take a trial-sized bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release (or get a recipe and make your own).

I love to wear flip flops in the parks (call me crazy but I just can't do socks and shoes) But sometimes they can break (for me it's usually the strap by your toes) So I'm planning on bringing bread bag ties for our upcoming trip. If my shoe breaks in the park and I'm in a jam, I just slip the tie onto the strap on the underside of my shoe. It holds in place for quite a while and saves me having to buy new ones!

There was something about washing cups and mugs in a post. Not sure is this is a repeat. If so, I apologize. I cut a sponge into quarters and soak the pieces in dish soap. Each little piece will wash all our cups once or twice.

I got really cute luggage tags at michaels for $1 on sale to put our cell phone numbers and names on and attach them to my granddaughter shoe laces that way they don't lose them and it doesn't bug them either

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter