What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

Wow! This thread is great. Like everyone else I have started my list..for November :)

One thing I would like to add ( and scrapbookers will appreciate this) I take along a small notebook the a little bigger than a business card size, and when we get back to the room that day I write down highlights of the day, where we ate etc, because often I don't get to work on the scrapbook until much later and my memory isnt that good!

Wow! This thread is great. Like everyone else I have started my list..for November :)

One thing I would like to add ( and scrapbookers will appreciate this) I take along a small notebook the a little bigger than a business card size, and when we get back to the room that day I write down highlights of the day, where we ate etc, because often I don't get to work on the scrapbook until much later and my memory isnt that good!

I'm a scrapbooker as well but since I take pictures of EVERYTHING and my memory is horrible, I plan on bringing a small journal with me to the parks every day. That way I can jot things down as we're waiting in line or sitting down for a meal.

I'm a scrapbooker as well but since I take pictures of EVERYTHING and my memory is horrible, I plan on bringing a small journal with me to the parks every day. That way I can jot things down as we're waiting in line or sitting down for a meal.

Great minds think alike! Also, did you know that they have great paper and scrapbooks? I read a tip on here to bring a plastic box that holds the 12 x 12 paper so that it doesn't get bent on the fight home!

I take tons of pictures too and usually use my pictures to journal my vacation. However last time we went I brought a little spiral notebook about the size of an index card and wrote down little things that happened during the day - also used this to write the names of CM's that were awesome so I could later let management know about them. :)

If you cannot find Purex 3-in-1 sheets for washing clothes, you can pack a few of the tide pods in a plastic soap box (so they don't get squashed) and put it in a zip lock bag for travel!

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, I'm only on page 31, but I pack my DD5's clothes in gallon ziploc bags. I put complete outfits including clean underpants and socks into each bag. When she was a baby I could tell whoever was helping get her ready to grab a bag and get her dressed. Now that she's older I can tell her to grab a bag and get herself dressed. Once the clothes have been worn we have extra ziploc bags available for all the things ziplocs come in handy for.

There is a laundry product called S2O, they are a 3-in-1 laundry sheet (detergent, fabric softener, stain remover). I've been using them for 2 years -- I got them on HSN and do autoship. I've been very happy with them and with a teen and two little ones my laundry is clean. I will packing a ziploc baggie with them for Disney in the fall. (They come in a 100 count tub).

Great minds think alike! Also, did you know that they have great paper and scrapbooks? I read a tip on here to bring a plastic box that holds the 12 x 12 paper so that it doesn't get bent on the fight home!

I saw that tip! I'll have to remember it because I plan on hitting up the store in DTD that sells all of that. DH has been fairly warned :yay:

I carry a little Leatherman Micro in my pocket as well. It has great scissors and I use it mostly to remove tags and have in case I need to cut moleskin in the park.

Another thing we do when we travel is shop directly on a drugstore website for our toiletries and have them shipped ahead. Most of them have free shipping with a certain $ purchase. We started doing this when our daughter was in diapers and we didn't want to travel with a huge amount of diapers and wipes with us. We shipped those ahead along with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, various OTC meds we'd be using, sunscreen, moisturizers, etc etc. We didn't need to worry about packing it in our suitcases and the box was generally waiting in our room when we got there. Most of the stuff we would just toss at the end of the trip.

So, I have a couple weird things that I bring... I'm a packing and gear nerd:

I love my Sitka over-the-shoulder sling bag from Maxpedition. It is designed so that when you go to sit down, or access the bag for that matter, that it slides to your front and sits across your abdomen-perfect for riding rides and great for getting at stuff without taking the bag off!

I have a MSR Paktowel Original in my bag. These things are amazing. They hold almost 10x their weight in water. Wring it out, and it's almost completely dry again. Great for wiping down wet seats, drying off somewhat from rides or spray... Lots of uses...

I bring a surgical tube clothesline that I got from Amazon (It's braided with three tubes, so no need for clothespins). It has loops on either end. You can attach carabiners to them or loop them around shower heads. It's only 7 ft long, but great for what it does, and it stretches a bit longer.

I put luggage tags on all my bags, especially the one I bring into the park. Disney customer service is awesome, and they will return something if they can figure out who it belongs to!

Great ideas and I'm going to check out that bag and towel!

A leatherman is a combination tool that has multi-head screw drivers, pliers, scissors, knife, and many more. I've used it several times over 20 years.

Packing cubes! We used these last year for the first time. OUr suitcases held alot more and we bought one color for each person. Just take the cubes out of your suitcase and you are all unpacked! I'm a cubie addict! :rotfl:

packing cubes? where do you find these? can you describe exactly what it is?

packing cubes? where do you find these? can you describe exactly what it is?
Anyplace like Linens N' Things, Target, Bed, Bath & Beyond etc will have them. They are akin to space bags that have a one way valve ( no need for a vacuum) and are shaped like a cube. I have found them very useful too! Added bonus- costume glitter is contained :D

The great thing about this thread is that the tips from 2010 still apply! I am subscribing to this, just to have it bookmarked for when it is time to pack.

If anyone is looking for the Purex all in one laundry sheets, I saw them in the travel section at K-Mart this past weekend. I saw them and immediately thought of this thread with all the mentions of them. :)

If anyone is looking for the Purex all in one laundry sheets, I saw them in the travel section at K-Mart this past weekend. I saw them and immediately thought of this thread with all the mentions of them. :)

I found some at CVS too. DD uses them at college and she ran out and couldn't find more. She put me on the mission and I just happened to see them CVS, so i got her a box and I need to get me another one for travel. Best thing ever for travel laundry! :goodvibes

As the owner of a Travel Agency who specializes in Disney, I am compiling all of these GREAT tips and idea and making a list that I can put in with my clients documents as a "Suggested Packing List" and a "Suggested Take To the Parks" list.

Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter