What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

Butterbunkins said:
This is sad and we make fun of ourselves all the time (as does the rest of the family) but my mom and I grab those round Mickey stickers whenever we can. We are spillers. We WILL spill on our shirts and sometimes Shout wipes and Tide pens don't do the trick. So we whip out a Mickey sticker and cover the evidence. Sometimes we look silly, but an oddly placed Mickey sticker looks a lot better than a big stain!

And when I'm at home and I spill (which is all the time) DH just looks at me and shouts "Mickey sticker"!

C

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I take a stack of lids from take-out drinks. If you turn it upside down and insert a popsicle or mickey bar through the straw x-cut, then the lid will catch any drips! :mickeybar

Great tip - & not just for Disney trips. Thanks

Great ideas! Thank you so much for all the tips. We leave for Florida and WDW this coming Sunday. So excited! :yay:

This is GENIUS, as the boyfriend has never met a shirt that he can't spill on. He spills everything, I mean everything. The problem is, I can't find the shout wipes! Tide to go pens are everywhere, but I can't find the wipes in Target, Walmart or my local grocery store... I can always order them online, but where have you all found them?

If you are traveling in the summer and are driving freeze a whole case of water and put it in a cooler. They are a life saver in the parks! Put a dry washcloth around it (to soak up the condensation) & stick it the side pocket of your backpack. It will stay cold all day! We used the whole case in less than a week in July!

We have always traveled to WDW in the summer. This year we are going the day after Thanksgiving! We are so excited to experience Christmas the Disney way! I would greatly appreciate any tips or advice for traveling this time of year. We are used to sweating and fighting crowds in 115 degree whether in July!

This is GENIUS, as the boyfriend has never met a shirt that he can't spill on. He spills everything, I mean everything. The problem is, I can't find the shout wipes! Tide to go pens are everywhere, but I can't find the wipes in Target, Walmart or my local grocery store... I can always order them online, but where have you all found them?

I just bought a pack of these at Walmart last week for our trip (we leave tomorrow!). I found them in the same area as the laundry stain removers. Although I have seen 4 packs in the travel size sections of both Walmart and Target within the past week also.

Good luck finding some. I think they work great, too!

Seriously, there is nothing wrong with the paper straws.

I print a sheet of small labels that say "If lost, please call ..." with my cell number. I stick one on the back of each of my kids' shirts in the morning before we leave.

I stick them on our cameras and backpacks and water bottles.

Essentially, everything.

Great idea I do something similar when i first buy a phone or camera I write down my name, mailing address, and phone number (phone number just for the camera of course) and i take a picture of it and set it as the first picture to come up if someone were going through it... that way they can return it. and we have actually had a camera returned to us! :banana:

I travel internationally to places where you can be sure there are bedbugs in the hotels. There is a camping product called Premethian that you can treat clothes, tents, etc with that kills them and keeps them away.

I pack a small spray bottle (2 oz or so) and as soon as you get to the hotel room pull back the bed sheets and give a nice spray particularly around the the edge of the bed. Take off the pillow cases and give the pillows a spray.

Let it dry (10 mins at most) and put it back together. 100% confirmed . . no bed bugs.

Also I treat my suitcase exterior and interior. No need to bring any of those critters home.

There are a couple videos on you tube that shows how effective this stuff is on the bugs and it is 100% safe for people.

LOL Loving this thread, I need to start taking 'unusual/different' items to disney with me! ;( I don't think I did... hmm I'll have another think!

1. foldable step stool for my daughter to wash her hands-It was nice not having to lft her up in the room after lifting her in the parks all day.

2. Take a picture of your photo pass card. We lost ours on our 1st day and did not have the number to register it. We did have the pictures taken on our camera also but would have liked to have seen the ones that they took.
I filled out the form for lost photopass cards and if it was found and turned in, I might have a chance of them being found.

Some great ideas o. Here, I will definitely be getting a couple of carabiners to hang my baseball cap on my backpack and using the lids to catch icecream drips.

Couple of tips to add:

I use a toiletry bag that has a hook on it and hang it from the shower rail. It helps to keep everything to hand and keeps things neat.

I use a mineral powder foundation that is spf15. It stays on all day and works really well. Sun cream slides off my face whether it is an oil free one or not so this powder is a skin saver for me.

I also use a waterproof coating over the top of my mascara. It stays on even in the pool and it means if your favourite mascara isn't waterproof you can still use it. It comes off quite easily with make up removal wipes.

DH uses baby oil to shave with rather than shaving cream and the heat and humidity don't affect his skin afterwards wheras shaving foam does.

I use baby oil on the tops of my feet when wearing sandals or Crocs and they don't rub at all. Don't put it on the bottoms of your feet you you will slide straight out of the shoes and straight on your backside!

We use roc minesol spf30 sun spray which is brilliant. I've got a travel sized empty spray bottle and put some in there to keep with us when we are out and about.

I've got a wallet with a security strap on it and clip it to the inside of my backpack, or on my belt loop if I have cargo trousers on. My Mom wanted one and we couldn't find one anywhere, so we bought her a canvas wallet and had a rivet put through it in the centre of the back section when it was folded. We then bought a safety chain with a ring at one end and attached the wallet to it. It worked perfectly.

I travel internationally to places where you can be sure there are bedbugs in the hotels. There is a camping product called Premethian that you can treat clothes, tents, etc with that kills them and keeps them away.

I just looked this stuff up, and it does not sound like anything I would want someone spraying on bedding.:eek: According to Wikipedia it is pretty toxic, especially for pregnant women and children. Even the less toxic version called pyrethrin can trigger asthma attacks and nausea.

Please do not spray this stuff in hotel rooms and on the bedding that is not yours!

I also use a waterproof coating over the top of my mascara. It stays on even in the pool and it means if your favourite mascara isn't waterproof you can still use it. It comes off quite easily with make up removal wipes.

What is the name of the product that you use for waterproof coating the mascara?

I pack a small spray bottle (2 oz or so) and as soon as you get to the hotel room pull back the bed sheets and give a nice spray particularly around the the edge of the bed. Take off the pillow cases and give the pillows a spray.

Let it dry (10 mins at most) and put it back together. 100% confirmed . . no bed bugs.

Also I treat my suitcase exterior and interior. No need to bring any of those critters home.

There are a couple videos on you tube that shows how effective this stuff is on the bugs and it is 100% safe for people.

Never never never do this; these products don't work at all and they give you a false sense of security. :eek::eek::eek: They can also be dangerous to yourself and others.

Infomercials and youtube commercials don't compare to actual hard evidence that nothing but heavy duty chemicals, extreme heat, or extreme cold kill bedbugs. Those chemicals are illegal for use in the US now because they are so toxic. If you buy stuff to "spray around" and kill bedbugs, you are just tossing money away. We actually sprayed a heavy duty bathroom cleaner with bleach on one bedbug and it didn't kill it.

Do a bedbug check of your room before moving in. Check all drawers and the floorboards, look in pillowcases and along the inside creases of the mattresses. Keep suitcases off the floor regardless; we don't even bring in our suitcases until we do a check.

Bedbugs are an epidemic at this point, and if there was something so unbelievably simple as a spray to kill them, you can bet there'd be no epidemic. Every hotel worth their salt would have stockpiles of the spray and it would be part of the sanitation of every room. As it is, there are still tons of bedbugs; they are EXTREMELY difficult to get rid of. No spray is gonna do it. Especially not once!

2. Take a picture of your photo pass card. We lost ours on our 1st day and did not have the number to register it. We did have the pictures taken on our camera also but would have liked to have seen the ones that they took.
I filled out the form for lost photopass cards and if it was found and turned in, I might have a chance of them being found.

I also agree to take a picture of your photopass card, or if you have one ahead of your trip, pre-register it! I have lost a card and frantically traced my steps to find it, but have since realized.....You don't NEED the card to retrieve your pictures! Just the number! SO if you lose your card, but have your number, don't fret and waste a ton of time looking for it...just plug the number in when you go home!
Just ask the next photographer for a new card and start again from there...there's no limit to the amount of card numbers you enter!
:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter