What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

We take a Camelbak during the hot season. We fill it up with ice at the hotel room and Gatorade or water and it stays cold for hours. It saves a ton of money on water and soda at the parks. :woohoo:We also have one that has extra backpack space to store souveniers.

My XL coffee cup, a 1lb. bag of Starbucks coffee, splenda and half & half. I love relaxing on the balcony with my cup of coffee early in the morning as my family is getting ready.

Martin

I just posted this in another thread... I bring lens cleaner wt-naps for my sunglasses. Repeated sunblock applications = greasy fingerprints that are difficult to wipe off.

I usually bring a small soft cooler on wheels as my carry-on. I pack it like a suitcase, but use it like a cooler once at the resort. It can also make taking cold drinks to the pool much easier.

I also like to bring a pitcher, cold brew iced tea, liquid splenda, and a funnel. I'll stay much more hydrated if I'm not drinking plain water, and the cold brew is so easy to make. I use the funnel to make it easy to pour the tea into water bottles to take into the parks. You can freeze them overnight, too, so it'll stay cold, longer. It's also way cheaper than those crystal light individual serving packages.

An extra pair of glasses, in case mine break.

Straws and 2 large plastic cups, so I can make mixed drinks for hubby and me (those tiny plastic cups don't hold nearly enough for us!).

Ductape - it'll fix nearly anything. I've patched torn clothes with this (put it on the inside and it won't show much at all, and will even last through a couple washings!) and a busted suitcase.

Dishsoap, for washing our cups and reusable water bottles.

Fork, spoon, and knife for eating leftovers.

Booklight so I don't keep hubby awake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope2000
My Mil recently was in a car crash, and thankfully she is ok, but I was impressed that she carried with her in her pocket book a notebook with exactly what medications she takes/recent surgeries, her drugstore information, (prescription numbers) etc. This was invaluable to the doctors. Her medications were not in her handbag, they were in the back of the car, which had been towed - since she had the information, and I remembered to ask about them, the doctors at the hospital were able to give her prescriptions of her medications prior to sending her home with us, and since she is on a number of medications, and she was somewhat stunned, this really, really helped. There are a few medications in my family, and I will be copying down all the information into my little book and carrying it with me in the parks. Just in case.

I work in Emergency Services. This is something *everyone* should do if they have past medical history or take daily medications. Keep 1 in your wallet and 1 on your fridge.

We use a med Id card. Here's the website. :thumbsup2

http://www.medids.com/samplecard2.html

http://www.medids.com/free-id.php

For my meds and other health info, I type it all on a business like card and carry it in my wallet...I am a tissue and organ donar and I want to be sure that anything that needs to be taken can be taken quickly...

We shipped a box over with a lot of food items as well as toiletries. Almond milk, cereal, etc.. We also ordered a box of granola bars from Costco and had it delivered to our room.

Each day we would pack some "to go" cereal packets (pouch kind not box kind) and granola bars in the backpack to munch on. We used the almond milk for the cereal and it traveled quite well. We weren't on the dining plan and always ate breakfast in our room with our own food.

I like a strong cup of coffee in the morning and in room coffee, and other coffee in general is pretty weak so I add a packet of Starbucks Via instant coffee to it to make it stronger. Same idea as the Crystal Lite.

Band-aid brand has a pretty nice little stick (under 3oz) of blister balm that came in quite handy as well.

I guess we packed fairly usual things. The travel toiletries section at Target turns me into a kid in a candy store. I know, it's weird. But I buy a new shower poofy each time and travel soaps etc...

I like the idea someone else posted about the drink cup lids for popsicles. that is a great idea! I've also used those lids to put ketchup on for dipping fries.

I was just reviewing this thread to shore up my packing list for the box we are shipping to POP this week and thought these were all good points and then realized it was DH that posted 6-months ago not even knowing that we were going again in March.

My biggest tip, for those that fly, is to ship the bulk of your items. We did have some leftovers last trip that we didn't want to take home IE Bottled Water and an almost full bottle of Sunblock, so we donated them to a family that was just checking in.

Thanks to all! I just went to amazon/body glide and found it. It was $7.99 but $5.25 for shipping. I'm gonna try a sporting goods store and Walmart again before I buy from amazon. Maybe save a few $$:goodvibes

Now I know what the packaging looks like and hopefully I will find it.

Great tips!

Someone mentioned Amazon Prime for mom's - it's also available to students for free with a .edu email address. You just have to watch that the item you are ordering is actually coming from Amazon to qualify for the free shipping.

Read this tip years ago and have shared it whenever possible...

We always take inflatable bath pillows that I picked up at Dollar Tree (I think they are shaped like a sea shell). They're terry cloth on one side and vinyl on the other; not very big when you blow them up, but they are a real rear-saver when you're sitting on the pavement waiting on a parade. After the parade, let the air out and they're totally flat so they take up no space in your bag. I guess you could use them other ways, but that's what we take them for. People around us always comment on them! :thumbsup2

We bring our hepa-air filter. DS had an anaplylactic reaction to something in a hotel room(not Disney) so when we travel the hepa-filter and safe cleaners come with us. We talk to hotels ahead of time to see what cleaners they use.

We also bring a bread machine with to hotels that allow cooking in the room.Again we call first to make sure it is okay. DD has PKU and we can make her bread to eat.Some hotels ask that it plugged in at the food area where breakfast is served rather than in the room.That is fine with us as we do not want to bug anyone else.

We bring our hepa-air filter. DS had an anaplylactic reaction to something in a hotel room(not Disney) so when we travel the hepa-filter and safe cleaners come with us. We talk to hotels ahead of time to see what cleaners they use.

That reminds me... We always have to travel with a set of sheets and special detergent. (Have I mentioned this on this thread already?) DD is allergic to parabens, and it seems to be in most laundry detergents, so she'll break out in an itchy, puffy rash from sleeping on hotel sheets.

When we stay DVC, it's pretty easy just to put their sheets through the in-room washer when we get there, but Disney has also been wonderful about letting us take those sheets that we have washed to another resort. (Sometimes we have a 7 day DVC stay but layover one additional night at another Disney resort.)

I have read through this thread and most of my ideas have been mentioned, but here are a few that I don't think were mentioned.

If you have a Lactose intolerance, take plenty of Lactaid pills. You never know what meals may have milk. CM's at restaurants are very helpful, but with lactose intolerance, it's better to be safe. :thumbsup2

If anyone needs to meet a daily Pepsi quota, bring it with you. (Wife won't drink Coke or coffee, so she gets her caffeine from Pepsi).

We bring our Passporter book that contains all of our important Disney itinerary details.

Here is one that I haven't done myself (so I can't vouch for their effectiveness), but I have heard good things about. They are vacuum water bottles. I have seen some made by a company called Hydro Flask. I also saw some Thermos brand ones at Target. The do not sweat and can keep liquids cold for up to 24 hours.

Lastly...To those that get looks for using the backpack leashes, just tell people that you don't like it either but your spouse wouldn't let you put your children in handcuffs. :rotfl2:

My new addition to my must haves is a hole punch and a carribeaner. I punch a hole in our photopass on the first day and attach it to my backpack with the carribeaner. The CM's love holding up their scanners easily to it and have commented on how handy it is.

I think I had already posted about CLS....so, the next item that I would bring that is a little different is a toaster. (With bagels of course.)

After spending bundles of money on this product so not to look like you living out of a suitcase for 10 days, my Mom taught me this little saver. Buy yourself a spray bottle, or use your empty WR bottle (pack it empty of course) and get yourself a few travel packs of Downy fabric softener. I got mine in the travel goodies at Target. Use one packet per larger bottle, and ta-da!!:wizard: you have yourself a bottle for about a buck, you look great, and smell April Fresh!!!:laundy:

I'm a wipes for all occasions type of gal, so I bring plenty :thumbsup2

Also, Dh and I pack cereal, granola, and packets of instant oatmeal to save money by eating breakfast in the room...preferably on a balcony with feet up and sun on the face :goodvibes

I find it helps to bring travel sized sunblock to the parks as well as facial sunblock in a travel container with a screw top cap. They take up less room and can be grabbed quickly. I tend to pack a small universe in my backpack, so the smaller the better :)

Natural, mineral spray antiperspirant is a must for my feet! It helps tremendously with blister prevention as well as bodyglide.

I take a stack of lids from take-out drinks. If you turn it upside down and insert a popsicle or mickey bar through the straw x-cut, then the lid will catch any drips! :mickeybar

OMG that is the single most brilliant thing I have ever read. Genius idea! :worship:

i bring pacifier wipes and extra pacifiers to the park.you can get them specifically for pacies. even when they are on a clip they still get knocked against stuff when they arent being sucked ...gross:eek: and take and toss baby spoons. i dont always toss but if they need to be or you happen to forget it on the table its not your good ones. disposable bibsters and stick on table mats for babies. they are great for little ones eating finger food. i pack a ziploc bag with a spoon, a bib and placemat then i dont have to go digging around for them all.

love the lid idea for ice cream drips....thats added to my list:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter